• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looks like Troy Industries might have stepped in it.

And just a few weeks ago they were heros for telling Dicks Sporting Goods to go **** themselves. [thinking]

Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor
August 20, 2013

J-Fled, the cowardly former police chief in Chicago is now supposedly teaching for Troy Assymetric.

Troy Industries announced in recent days the hiring of Jody Weis, the former anti-gun head of Chicago PD, as an instructor with their training division, “Troy Asymmetric”.

Imagine that: A high-profile firearms and firearms accessory manufacturer hiring a raving anti-gun political hack and touting it to the world! Even worse, hiring a coward at that.

Why do we say Jody Weis is a coward?

Because he ran from the sound of gunfire, post haste, when shots erupted as he was winding down a press conference in Chicago during his stint as police superintendent. It was so blatant that the officers at Chicago PD gave him a new nickname: J-Fled.

more at link... Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor | GunsSaveLife.com

(The announcement has since been taking down from the Troy Asymmetric website. http://troyasymmetric.com/jody-weis-troy-asymmetric-instructor)

My guess is it's more like "background check fail".

-Mike

That would be my guess.

I'd didn't realize Troy Industries was that diversified with 3 other operations in their portfolio.

Could be that whomever runs the Troy Asymmetric/training side, didn't consult with the main office.

That would be my guess.

I'd didn't realize Troy Industries was that diversified with 3 other operations in their portfolio.

Could be that whomever runs the Troy Asymmetric/training side, didn't consult with the main office.

Kevin G Miles is the Asymmetric Director.

Our curriculum was devised and is taught by Kevin G. Miles, a seasoned law enforcement professional with thirty years of experience, twenty-three of which were spent as a Special Agent (SA) of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Most companies don't run ideological background screenings, so this one is on whichever dumbass executive didn't realize who they were dealing with on the other end of the handshake.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he had a, Come to Jesus, moment and he's cured.

He was still calling for high cap restrictions in February, and playing on Newtown for more "common sense" gun laws.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/18027264-452/jody-weis-we-need-gun-laws-that-make-sense.html

Kevin G Miles is the Asymmetric Director.

Now it's making more sense.

Weis spent 22 years with the FBI himself.

Jody Peter "J.P." Weis is the former Superintendent of Police of the Chicago Police Department. Weis was selected to serve as the 54th Superintendent of Police by Mayor Richard M. Daley. Upon his resignation and retirement, he was replaced by Interim Superintendent Terry Hillard, a predecessor. He was permanently replaced by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who named Garry McCarthy to the post. Superintendent Weis, when he became Superintendent, had replaced former Superintendent of Police Philip J. Cline after his resignation. Superintendent Weis took office on February 1, 2008.

Weis's previous experience included 22 years in the Federal Bureau of Investigation.[1] Weis graduated from the University of Tampa in 1979.[2]

Jody Weis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Miles most likely hired Weis because he was an alumni and a fellow former agent and either didn't look beyond that, or chose to ignore Weis's other 'issues'.

2VS4Z1E.jpg

Now it's making more sense.

Weis spent 22 years with the FBI himself.

Jody Weis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Miles most likely hired Weis because he was an alumni and a fellow former agent and either didn't look beyond that, or chose to ignore Weis's other 'issues'.

Miles' wife is also ex-FBI and currently the director of security at Troy. At the FBI she was in charge of Infragard.

Troy has pulled the facebook announcement and the page on their site announcing the hire. No public comment yet - they better move fast if they want to contain this. HR is probably out to lunch. [laugh]

And their instructor Dale Monroe was Lon Horiuchi's partner.

http://troyasymmetric.com/dale-r-monroe-troy-asymmetric-instructor/

Unbelievable.

FBI's Ruby Ridge Snipers Defend Their Actions, Deny Overreaction : Hearing: Agent says two men were running for cabin when his partner fired shot that killed Vicki Weaver. Senators question rules of engagement. - Los Angeles Times

Troy trainer Dale Monroe's excerpts:

Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon Horiuchi--who fired the fatal shot--said that he was preparing to fire but did not because Horiuchi fired first.

Specter asked how the second shot could be justified under the standard deadly force policy, because the men were running into the cabin. He noted that a Justice Department task force had found that shot unconstitutional, a finding that was disputed by the department's internal watchdog unit and by its civil rights division.

Monroe said Thursday: "I totally disagree" with the task force finding.

Monroe said he believed the helicopter to be in danger whether the rifle-carrying men were in or outside the cabin. In fact, he contended, the threat was "heightened" if they gained entry into the cabin because the FBI knew there were children inside. Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), the panel's ranking minority member, disputed the claim that the standard deadly force policy was in effect at the Ruby Ridge incident, citing the Oct. 28, 1993, testimony for the department task force by sniper Edward C. Wenger Jr.

F Troy.

Last edited:
From their facebook

Troy Supports the Second Amendment and its Customers

Troy Industries is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. In recent months, we have been more vocal about our beliefs, choosing to align ourselves with companies and individuals who are like-minded.

In response to the reaction of our customer base, Jody Weis will not be joining the Troy Asymmetric cadre of instructors.

We value the thoughts and concerns of our loyal customers. Troy Industries and its affiliated companies are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and will continue to promote this right through our products, statements, actions and affiliations.

If Troy is hiring retired FBI agents as thier trainers, Most particularly the ones mentioned, It might be smart to avoid that company all together. There are other companies that make the same stuff they do.

Amen.

I'd be interested so see what % of their revenue comes from .gov and .mil sales and what % comes from civilians.

I just went through the list of instructors for Troy and they seem to be heavy on the explosive disposal folks. Why?

My thoughts exactly. And all the cops are from big urban, anti-gun areas.

- - - Updated - - -

I still can't get over the fact that they also have Horiuchi's partner proudly on the payroll. Either they have their heads way up their asses or these are the people they align themselves with. Maybe a combination of both.

Troy has been very responsive to complaints including the problems with Dicks and is one of the few "all American" manufacturers. Nothing is sourced from outside the US. I also know Steve Troy himself actively seeks veterans for his production lines, including specifically saying that any disabled vet is at the top of the list for hiring.

Complain, let them clean house and move on. My guess is the Fed hiring starts with one and then continues as they then prefer to hire another fed they are familiar with. They are seriously pro gun and do NOT want to alienate customers. I know Assymetric is relatively new and this may just be some bad calls due to trying to grow.

Troy has been very responsive to complaints including the problems with Dicks and is one of the few "all American" manufacturers. Nothing is sourced from outside the US. I also know Steve Troy himself actively seeks veterans for his production lines, including specifically saying that any disabled vet is at the top of the list for hiring.

Complain, let them clean house and move on. My guess is the Fed hiring starts with one and then continues as they then prefer to hire another fed they are familiar with. They are seriously pro gun and do NOT want to alienate customers. I know Assymetric is relatively new and this may just be some bad calls due to trying to grow.

You don't hire Weis by accident. Look into Troy's "Asymmetric" division/company and their mission. They exist to train soldiers and JBTs only.

They need to come out and say that he's been fired (ie not "no longer an instructor"), and they need to distance themselves from Horiuchi's partner from his little Ruby Ridge sniper team. The guy who defended Horiuchi and said he'd have taken the shot if Horiuchi hadn't.

Well if you want to be tacticool the FBI knows all about that.

Shooting well and handling firefights not so good, but they know how to rock overly decked out gear while shooting women and children.

Back
Top Bottom