Looks like Troy Industries might have stepped in it.

The Diamondhead VRS-T is a nice rail if a little on the heavy side. I have a DD lite rail on my AR, which I love, but in the future I will probably go slick. The AR10 is wearing a Midwest Industries SS free float. Samson/Rainier also make nice, lightweight rails. The Noveske NSR takes the cake for lightest weight I believe, and the keymod setup would be sweet if more manufacturers got behind the mounting system, which supposedly some are.

Mike

I am still surprised with Steve's loyalties. I shouldn't be totally surprised, he came up through the blue line. However his business has thrived selling all kinds of parts to civilians, yet deep down he feels some kind of loyalty to the king and his henchmen.

Sadly...

tumblr_m3bpydbjvc1qlar22o1_1280.jpg

He made his bed and his decision will ultimately have consequences for those who work for him.

Yeah to get this back on track, I am not sure of what Troy's yearly income is, but I am sure it's not huge.

So they stand to lose a lot of business from this for sure. That could definitely hurt a smaller company like that. Unless they are bigger then I realize.

Maybe then, he will realize what he has done...

His reaction was almost arrogant - it might be a personality thing. I still can't believe he only retired in 2012, running Troy and being a statie for the 9 years leading up to that. That's serious moonlighting.

I'd be interested to know who else weighed in on making the call. Clearly Dale had made his pathetic case. I don't think Steve owns the company at this point (per a post by his daughter) and I thought I saw that someone else was the CEO. In any case he claims decision making authority.

This is posted in the Boston Herald under state payroll 2011, Is this him:Troy Edward H........State Police Trooper,1st Class .......Department of State Police ..... Annual salary $90,586.90 .....Actual pay$149,201.03

I think he's Stephen Troy, Jr. Maybe he wasn't drawing pay somehow for 2011, or that article is wrong about him retiring in January of 2012. He's in there for 2010, pulling down $89,594.98 on a salary of $70k.

Last edited:
From Weapon Outfitters

Weapon Outfitters said:
"Weapon Outfitters
While Troy Industries is busy defending and apologizing for hiring Dale Monroe, (one of the bad guys present at Ruby Ridge who continues to justify his suck), we're busy unloading their uppers at cost.

It shocks me to this day, how even some self professed rednecks or patriots are WOEFULLY uneducated about what happened at Ruby Ridge. No, it was NOT the federal government having a standoff with a white supremacist survivalist like the mainstream media portrayed.

The US Senate Investigation, and anyone with brains knows it was one of the most horrifying incidents of Government mismanagement and abuse against a single private citizen in modern history. For refusing to become an informant on some idiot hate group for the government, Randy Weaver (who walks the earth today a free man) was entrapped by the government (for cutting a Shotgun stock a fraction of an inch too short), and in the ensuing conflict his son was shot in the back, and later and most controversially his unarmed wife who was holding a baby at the time had her head blown off by a sniper at 200 yards.

Dale Monroe says, (paraphrased) "Good Shoot! I woulda taken that shot myself!"

Not someone you want working for your company. Troy has made the correct decision in firing Mr. Weis"

So this guy works for MSP? Or he's retired?

Either way, $90k? WTF?

He founded and presumably ran Troy from 2003 on. During that time he was MSP and apparently working full time through 2010 at least, though he didn't retire until January 2012.

No, I don't see that at all, I'm guessing though that he thinks its retarded to burn magazines and stuff you already paid for. [rofl]

None of this matters anyways, Troy is starting to become irrelevant in a lot of ways. There are so many other (better) choices on the market. The one thing they had that was solid gold was their BUIS, but in the past 5 years other people have figured out how to make backup sights that aren't total shit.

-Mike

Yeah, I screwed up on that. I may or may not have been "legal to post" and went off on him for no reason.

My apologies not tom.

Back
Top Bottom