Looks like Troy Industries might have stepped in it.

What did I miss?

Some guy named Steve Troy donated to one of the MAIG mayors (the scumbag mayor of Springfield) and everyone got half way out the door again with the torches and pitchforks before they realized it was a different guy.

Some guy named Steve Troy donated to one of the MAIG mayors (the scumbag mayor of Springfield) and everyone got half way out the door again with the torches and pitchforks before they realized it was a different guy.

Ahhhh.

Is Troy addressing this later today though? On FB ?

Did they just crack randomly, or were these mags that got tossed around while doing drills, etc? Don't have any but just curious. Would you rate them as worse than USGI or somewhere in between say like a USGI mag and a pmag?

-Mike

Just used for plinking by the unwashed masses. So to speak. Possibly dropped, but no more than the GI mags or Pmags we've used have been. I recall the Troy mags failing under a week or two... could have been a fluke batch. I did like the built in buffer/pulls.

Better or worse than GI mags is hard to say. Functionally I'd say probably better, durability wise probably worse. Again, it was a very small sample size (three mags) and it could have been a fluke.

My general impression is that if you're going to step into the market and do something someone else is doing really well, you need to do so either in a drastically cheaper way, or drastically better way... otherwise, why bother? If the troy mags were $5, I'd be interested. But at 80% of the same price point as Pmags, I can't figure a reason to gamble.

- - - Updated - - -

Operator error

Certainly possible... but no different abuse than is suffered by Pmags and GI mags run under the same conditions. Have you had positive experience with the troy mags?

Once a whore, always a whore! Just don't buy new S&W stuff. They make no money on the used market.

They all do it, it's a marketing thing. Sell into that market and get a bunch of numbskulls sauntering around going "bluwh blwuh I need to kawwy an M&P cuz thats what the shewwifs r carryin! bwah!" Course it seems to be remarkably effective, so can't really blame them. The thing is there is a crossroads eventually where the tacit endorsement of this sort of thing isn't helping them. The thing is, let's pretend for a minute that S&W, Glock, and Springfield all boycotted CA. That's not going to stop some intermediary from offering them the same product at an increased cost... either that or Sig/HK will simply stroll in and take the business. (Sig and HK have been LE leg humpers since the dawn of time, for better or worse. )

On the other hand, it makes fiduciary sense for someone like Barrett or STI to shun then- other than the military I would wager that either of those companies' balance sheets is dominated by people like us buying their product- the people buying products from either of those companies are FAR more likely to be attuned to those kinds of issues than some tinfoil knitting circle type buyer that will buy the mass market stuff like S&W, Glock, Springfield, Ruger, Crapber, etc.

-Mike

As I posted on another thread about S&W, the citizen market brought them to thier knees once before. There is a bigger market with citizen sales than with government sales. Yeah, S&W will sell enough gear to cover LASD but that will be a one time sale once it is complete. Take a look around at most firearms owners they buy stuff when it suits them. Governement agencies don't. Also what kind of deal did S&W make LASD. I know from dealing with them for my old agency it was a break even deal.

Maybe I missed something, but what's the issue with selling something to a PD that's also available to the general public?

Crapber, etc.

-Mike
299-Fry-Futu-1.jpg

What's the outrage with this one? Is S&W not allowed to sell M&Ps to the citizens of CA? If so this move sucks, but not a surprise from a company like that.

It's no different than anything posted in this thread.

1 post after mine, there was a post of STI not even selling anything to anyone in California at all.

It's amazing everyone will trample Troy, but when S&W sells 13k guns to cops in a known anti state, that's ok.

I am missing something I guess.

Troy hires someone, that's a problem. S&W sells 13k guns to anti's and there's no outrage at all.

The people on here who pick & choose who they will boycott is amazing to me. I have no dog in this fight. I don't work for Troy. I am simply trying to make a point. If we wanted to boycott everyone who did something for an anti, we would be housebound, and wouldn't be able to shop anywhere. If you look hard enogh, you could find trouble with every company in America.

It's no different than anything posted in this thread.

1 post after mine, there was a post of STI not even selling anything to anyone in California at all.

It's amazing everyone will trample Troy, but when S&W sells 13k guns to cops in a known anti state, that's ok.

I am missing something I guess.

Troy hires someone, that's a problem. S&W sells 13k guns to anti's and there's no outrage at all.

The people on here who pick & choose who they will boycott is amazing to me. I have no dog in this fight. I don't work for Troy. I am simply trying to make a point. If we wanted to boycott everyone who did something for an anti, we would be housebound, and wouldn't be able to shop anywhere. If you look hard enogh, you could find trouble with every company in America.

Oh, so you completely missed the point of the Troy situation. That's cool.

If you're comparing the S&W story with the Troy thing you definitely did.

S&W is selling 13k guns to cops in the biggest anti state in the country.

Troy hired someone who was a part of Ruby Ridge. Supposedly.

What's the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

This.

Until they deal with this issue I won't support Troy. Free market 101

Dude no offense, but the list of things on your boycott list is getting longer and longer. I can't even keep track.

S&W is selling 13k guns to cops in the biggest anti state in the country.

Troy hired someone who was a part of Ruby Ridge. Supposedly.

What's the difference?

You need to educate yourself on what's going on with Troy and on Ruby Ridge if you want to start going after other people in this thread.

S&W sells 13k guns to cops in an anti state, and I am just surprised how there is no outrage for that.

Remington took a .gov payout not too long ago to stay in NY. That outrage lasted 5 minutes.

S&W sells 13k guns to cops in an anti state, and I am just surprised how there is no outrage for that.

Remington took a .gov payout not too long ago to stay in NY. That outrage lasted 5 minutes.

Oh shit, was I supposed to be boycotting Remington?

How does either of those compare to what's going on with Troy?

How does either of those compare to what's going on with Troy?

I am not saying it 'compares' to Troy. I am simply trying to say that although they may not be on the same level, every company out there gets in bed with someone they shouldn't from time to time.

We can agree on that I think.

That's my point.

Back
Top Bottom