• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for advice on my next Handgun.

Absolutely no offense. I just really didn’t think of Glocks based on my prior and LIMITED exposure to them. Hence the post with a thank you.
glocks may take time to get used to, initially - triggers are fine, but, initially almost everybody get their groups to the down left, due to the way how they work the trigger and grip the gun.
after some time it all settles in and everything works just fine. some folks never get used to that and then they say glocks have no good triggers, etc. - but, to each his own.

read some threads in here GlockTalk Forum
search for folks who compare 1911 to glocks, or something like that, there is a ton of info up there on the topic. it is not as straightforward as it seems, a bit.

that i personally absolutely do not support nor agree - a P80 for .45 or 10mm. their plastic is not there for that much of recoil.
it will hold it cold, but, if you keep firing it - it will get hot, and it will get softer. after 50th-100th round at the range you may end up with a slide in your face. just saying.

and if anybody here would say a P80 plastic is not getting soft when hot - they do not know what they are talking about.
No one can afford to shoot more than a hundred rounds a range session anyways right now lol

This is a poor gun ask, but my gut would say a non fag (not ma f***ed) M&P 2.0 Compact .45. The mid sized one that takes like 8 rd mags. Either that or a Glock 30S or similar. Everything else is going to either be a poverty level commander 1911 (unless you want to spend over 12 hundo) or too large. Third place for this weird ask would be a be a sig legion p220 carry, but those guns are likely unicorn tears at this point.

Ive asked for input because in today’s market of. NO GUNS to even buy let alone get my hands on to finger f**ck, I am trying to use the input of others who would most likely recommend something they own,use or have used so I can narrow my scope.
I also thank you for your input.

No one can afford to shoot more than a hundred rounds a range session anyways right now lol
i had a one-on-one instructor training 2 weeks ago, we went over 200 rounds, pretty much non stop. G34 slide used was very decently hot. but i know it can handle that. can a P80 in 10mm handle that?
again, may be it indeed can - but i would not be the one testing this.

i had a one-on-one instructor training 2 weeks ago, we went over 200 rounds, pretty much non stop. G34 slide used was very decently hot. but i know it can handle that. can a P80 in 10mm handle that?
again, may be it indeed can - but i would not be the one testing this.
Idk they have a good reputation and they are sold out everywhere.

With all the scrutiny about "ghost" guns right now if slides were snapping off into peoples faces i think we would hear about it. I'm building a couple now. I'll have my brother in law run the 10mm just in case ur right

I'm not sure how it works but I believe you can backorder stuff from the Sig store. I have and it took a couple months during a buying surge but eventually I got the call it was in - and that was on a gifted employee discount, so if anything was a less desirable backorder for them to make versus a retail customer.

Also not sure how the whole transfer in MA goes but Sig tends to make MA models. If you like a Sig for this, call the store in Exeter and see the options. The store does not give great deals but also doesn't charge list - in a normal market you can find better deals but currently I doubt it matters.

Ive asked for input because in today’s market of. NO GUNS to even buy let alone get my hands on to finger f**ck, I am trying to use the input of others who would most likely recommend something they own,use or have used so I can narrow my scope.
I also thank you for your input.

I just used "poor" not because its bad to ask questions, but because its too vague, and that for most people carrying the correct .45 thing (which is a Glock 21, M&P, or Similar) is likely going to get old, fast. It's like carrying a ScHoOl BuS...... Any of the guns /best/ equipped to carry a light are f***ing huge. You could do it with that M&P .45 Compact and still kinda make for a carriable gun. Hillman's suggestion of the 45c isn't bad either if you can deal with DA/SA.

Shopping at "conventional" MA gun shops is a dumpster fire right now you really need somebody who's willing to transfer in whatever you need. Give that guy first dibs on a sale and then if he can't get it ask if he'll move something from GunBroker for you.

Just buy a .40 and get it over with already.
Think of it as .45's younger and faster little brother.
You know your professional enough if you are asking us to help choose it for you!
Get yourself one of these sexy beasts and regain your manhood for JFC sake!

45 ACP was so circa 1911. Put down the flip phone and get with the times man!
And a fleshlight on a carry pistol..What are you? A night stalker! [rofl2]
4006tsw.jpg

Last edited:
I just used "poor" not because its bad to ask questions, but because its too vague, and that for most people carrying the correct .45 thing (which is a Glock 21, M&P, or Similar) is likely going to get old, fast. It's like carrying a ScHoOl BuS...... Any of the guns /best/ equipped to carry a light are f***ing huge. You could do it with that M&P .45 Compact and still kinda make for a carriable gun. Hillman's suggestion of the 45c isn't bad either if you can deal with DA/SA.

Shopping at "conventional" MA gun shops is a dumpster fire right now you really need somebody who's willing to transfer in whatever you need. Give that guy first dibs on a sale and then if he can't get it ask if he'll move something from GunBroker for you.
I hear you. It’s hard if I get specific I get little to no replies if I leave it vague yes I get more “noise” I have to sort thru it but that is what it is. That’s one of the reasons I asked a why would you recommend it type of question.

I’m a big guy and can conceal a full size with no issue. I’ve also reached a point ( people can agree or not) that I don’t care if it prints, or happens to show for a brief moment when reaching at the store. I’m after a tank of a gun that will last and last. even after Long term carry. I live with my pistol. From the moment I’m awake till I go to bed it’s with me. I cut wood, mow the lawn, walk the dog, do mechanical work on cars, trucks and other things.
The m&p .45 compact is a good option as well as the H&K. I’m Writing things down and looking.

Just buy a .40 and get it over with already.
Think of it as 45's younger and faster little brother.
You know your professional enough if you are asking us to help choose it for you!
Get yourself one of these sexy beasts and regain your manhood for JFC sake!

45 ACP was so circa 1911. Put down the flip phone and get with the times man!
And a fleshlight on a carry pistol..What are you? A night stalker! [rofl2]
View attachment 420772

.40 is to hot for me lol. Just kidding. I have a m&p.40 full size. I just don’t shoot that as Good as the rest of my guns a already own in .45
I have my reasons for wanting a light on my firearm.

.40 is to hot for me lol. Just kidding. I have a m&p.40 full size. I just don’t shoot that as Good as the rest of my guns a already own in .45
I have my reasons for wanting a light on my firearm.
I was just kidding as well.
HK 45C would be my guess to.
Nice gun and I'm sure a great shooter.

At least your not looking for a shovel with a built in flashlight.[smile]

Saw your post about having a m&p 40 so I thought I would give more details about my suggestion. My full size carry is a m&p 40. Reading what you wanted made me laugh because, i've made my m&p one of my favorites by spending all the extra money. I upgraded to night sights, upgraded the trigger and other APEX goodies. After upgrading I love it, but jokingly now spent close to what I spent on the Sigs (yes Sigs)... I just got the P220 Legion but already had a P226 Legion. I really never considered myself a pistol guy and I don't have many nor anything that would be considered high end (until the Sigs I guess). Just made the decision on my recent purchases that I was tired of buying a gun that I have to put more money into. Those two are the first pistols I've bought that I don't immediately think of upgrading. Again, just my experience and opinion. Good luck on whatever you get.

Saw your post about having a m&p 40 so I thought I would give more details about my suggestion. My full size carry is a m&p 40. Reading what you wanted made me laugh because, i've made my m&p one of my favorites by spending all the extra money. I upgraded to night sights, upgraded the trigger and other APEX goodies. After upgrading I love it, but jokingly now spent close to what I spent on the Sigs (yes Sigs)... I just got the P220 Legion but already had a P226 Legion. I really never considered myself a pistol guy and I don't have many nor anything that would be considered high end (until the Sigs I guess). Just made the decision on my recent purchases that I was tired of buying a gun that I have to put more money into. Those two are the first pistols I've bought that I don't immediately think of upgrading. Again, just my experience and opinion. Good luck on whatever you get.
Yep I have three m&p series pistols I’ve done apex kits to them all. I have nights sites on my .45 shield and my full size .40. Hence why I would prefer not to have to do those things after just buying a gun.

one question on the Sigs’. I see at least two countries they where manufactured in, Germany and US. Is there one to steer towards or away from?
Side note: I’d prefer new BUT it doesn’t have to be new.
Also thank you both for the recommendation.

@Laderbuilt are you anywhere near metrowest? Glad to let you try it out.

I don't remember where mine was mfr'd...

Cheers

Rich

No rail on my 1911,
so I just wear this on my trigger finger:
medium-small-1565021538-cc554a40-b79b-11e9-b29a-c5595dc72cfe.gif

I have your answer. I have an XDm 3.8 and 5.25. I'll sell them both to you. Then you have compact and full size with the same ergonomics.

Why not carry the Shield?
Because it's an M&Pee.

This is a poor gun ask, but my gut would say a non fag (not ma f***ed) M&P 2.0 Compact .45. The mid sized one that takes like 8 rd mags. Either that or a Glock 30S or similar. Everything else is going to either be a poverty level commander 1911 (unless you want to spend over 12 hundo) or too large. Third place for this weird ask would be a be a sig legion p220 carry, but those guns are likely unicorn tears at this point.

Did you just recommend a goddamn M&Pee shit machine?

View: https://youtu.be/qlvONi_RXhI

If it is a tank you want, then look at Smith 4516 series.
All metal, versions with rails, and single stack. Very comfortable, thin/conceals well, and we reliable as a Glock jock. Also not a giant piece like a Sig 220. Check it out you will not be disappointed.

There’s truth to this. I kept getting smaller and smaller carry guns. It sucks carrying something heavy To the point of not carrying because it’s too uncomfortable.

Just dry fire one first, I rub my fingers over ridges hk puts in their triggers. Makes shooting them unpleasant. After 200 rounds each with a usp9 vp9 p30l p30s I've gotten a blister every time. The 45 I dry fired it one time and was like yeah 5th time is a charm no hk for me.

Back
Top Bottom