Looking for a NON SMOKING gun club to join - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper, I guess we're the minority on the no-smoking preference. Smokers are defensive and I suppose I don't blame them since their "rights" are taken away from them. But, my opinion is my opinion and I cower for no one on the matter! :)

*sigh* Come on guys.

My very first club allowed smoking inside the buildings (not on the indoor ranges). I am not a smoker and HATE the smell. This meant I spent minimal time in the clubhouses, usually had to shower when I got home, and discouraged me from joining teams or coming to meetings. I didn't try to change that, and the OP isn't suggesting trying to change it either, - she (presumably) just wants to try to find a club that is more in line with her preferences.

Bingo! I despise the smell of cigarette smoke and will not hang with people who are smoking or smell of it.

No smoking indoors at OCSA and as a smoker I'm fine with that. Outdoors is a different story. I just never understood how some people don't mind the smell of a burning tire but wretch at a trace of tobacco smoke in the air.
Sitting around a campfire and having people cough when you lite a smoke is odd. It's a dirty rotten stinking expensive habit and most of us smokers know that. If the smoke really bothers you I will put it out but if it doesn't really bother you let it slide.

She wants to choose a club that she doesn't have to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to use the range, so she's automatically labeled? [thinking]

Exactly! Just joined this Forum - what a welcome, huh? So be it. Smokers hate people who complain about them - I get it, it's a habit. An expensive one.....just like my shoe habit ----- only I'm betting I'm a hell of a lot better looking! :)

What excitement greets me after a long day at work? Coming home to a thread filled with ignorant, insensitive, and degrading replies to a very simple question! Yea, you guys have given me a plethora of information to work with. (that's sarcasm for those looking to continue the banter) I didn't say anything offensive to any cigarette smoker, I was just looking for a club that didn't allow smoking inside the club at all; not just on the shooting range - DUH! I'm a medical professional (and clearly better educated than you) and for personal as well as professional reasons I don't wish to walk out of a club, after enjoying some hard earned free time, and having my clothes, hair, skin, etc stink like cigarettes. Perhaps you wouldn't like my perfume - that would be your opinion and I have mine. I am hardly a "liberal troll" as someone stated in this thread; but I'm guessing you smell like one! Thanks to those who offered some suggestions. And to Sig Sauer Shooter - thanks, babe - I can take care of myself but it sure is nice to see there are still some gentlemen out there who can respect a lady who shoots as well as has her own opinion!

taking jabs at some of the folks in here can be fun, but a lot of them are fairly well-educated, you'll find men (and women) from all walks of life on here. you'll need a thick skin on NES, but for the most part i don't think people think you're a liberal troll... but pointing out how much more intelligent you perceive yourself over the other members is actually trademark liberal troll behavior. if you aren't one; don't act like one.

my personal opinion is that i'd rather not have smoking indoors, either. and i smoke. [laugh]

taking jabs at some of the folks in here can be fun, but a lot of them are fairly well-educated, you'll find men (and women) from all walks of life on here. you'll need a thick skin on NES, but for the most part i don't think people think you're a liberal troll... but pointing out how much more intelligent you perceive yourself over the other members is actually trademark liberal troll behavior. if you aren't one; don't act like one.

my personal opinion is that i'd rather not have smoking indoors, either. and i smoke. [laugh]

We're just a bunch of dumb gun owning hicks that smoke Backwoods cigars and spit our chaw on the floor. The OP is a "medical professional." (And a "better looking" one too, as if that's somehow relevant.) Know your place, loser.

Last edited:
I love threads like this. Always good for a laugh.

For the OP: any commercial type clubs (MFS, MFL, etc) will not have smoking indoors. If you specify how far you're willing to travel, people can recommend more specific clubs. Merrimack Valley is north of me, so I can't speak to any of the local clubs there, but I shoot at Shirley and MFS. MFS has no smoking inside and Shirley does. But Shirley also doesn't have an indoor range, so...

Careful, Sweeney and Nicole, we are the minority here - you'll be called " trolls" for those opinions - lol :)

I don't know if you actually read the whole thread or you just focused on the negative and sarcastic replies, but there were several suggestions of clubs made.

When posting on NES' spend more time reading the entire thread and less time admiring how good you think you look in the mirror.

Many hospitals and other health facilities have started to ban perfumes because some people find them offensive. Many people her recommend that anyone who shoots at an indoor range take a shower immediately afterward due to the lead and powder residue. So, I'm not sure what you're driving at here.

Very few clubs allow smoking indoors any longer. Most don't allow food or drink on their indoor ranges. You might want to ask around or look at various club web sites.

What excitement greets me after a long day at work? Coming home to a thread filled with ignorant, insensitive, and degrading replies to a very simple question! Yea, you guys have given me a plethora of information to work with. (that's sarcasm for those looking to continue the banter) I didn't say anything offensive to any cigarette smoker, I was just looking for a club that didn't allow smoking inside the club at all; not just on the shooting range - DUH! I'm a medical professional (and clearly better educated than you) and for personal as well as professional reasons I don't wish to walk out of a club, after enjoying some hard earned free time, and having my clothes, hair, skin, etc stink like cigarettes. Perhaps you wouldn't like my perfume - that would be your opinion and I have mine. I am hardly a "liberal troll" as someone stated in this thread; but I'm guessing you smell like one! Thanks to those who offered some suggestions. And to Sig Sauer Shooter - thanks, babe - I can take care of myself but it sure is nice to see there are still some gentlemen out there who can respect a lady who shoots as well as has her own opinion!

From one of the great unwashed, welcome to the forum. My first few weeks here started pretty much the same. Appreciate those who are helpful, laugh with those who are funny, and ignore those who are ignorable--you'll do fine. Oh, yeah, about that avatar...

You did get your questions answered and even took a lot less heat for it than others have with more innocent questions. You asked a bunch of damned dirty apes where you could shoot smoke-free and a couple of them threw bananas at you.

Go green tonight, find the thread for the car shoot / pig roast this weekend and sign up! You have until midnight. (deadline for signing up) If you see a guy in a banana suit, run away. If you see a Porsche, do NOT sit in it.

It's mostly a good bunch here, but most of us are not fit for polite company.

If you're in the northern portion of the Merrimack Valley ( Haverhill) , check out Chester Rod and Gun or Country Pond. Those might work for you.

Whew! When I saw the thread title and read the OP, I was a afraid that you'd be overly sensitive. I can see that I was wrong.

Welcome to the forum. If you stick around you'll find that there are a few people here that aren't dumbasses.

Last edited:
I thought this was a non smoking forum. I'm going to take my laptop out to the stoop,(nonsmoking house), and have a Garcia y Vega Whiff. Go green and dig in. A lot of good info here.

wow---i was the first person to suggest you were a liberal troll,. your statement that you are better educated than some or all of us only reinforces my original thoughts. best of luck to you. i hope you find what you' re looking for

Last edited:
wow---i was the first person to suggest you were a liberal troll,. you're statement that you are better educated than some or all of us only reinforces my original thoughts. best of luck to you. i hope you find what you' re looking for

Irony.

I'm a female too, and a non-smoker, and a shooter. Oh yeah, and I live in the Merrimac valley. I belong to Country Pond in Newton, NH. I've never seen anyone smoke inside the club house or in the indoor range. I don't know what their specific rules are regarding smoking.

Note to OP: you'll enjoy this forum a lot more if you lighten up.

It's funny, when you're a smoker you don't realize how strong the stale smoke on you is. I used to smoke cigs and cigars and never thought about it but now if I'm around them long enough to where it really gets into my clothes, I have to get them in the laundry as soon as I get home and take a shower. I'm not anti smoking but I now understand what a non smoker feels. House fire or building fire is the same. When we get back from a call, the clothes go into the wash and a shower follows. Campfire smoke is a completely different smell. No paint, plastic, material or additives, just natural wood. Sorry I couldn't add anything to the OP's question. The only thing I can say is to stick around and read and learn. There is a ton of good things on this forum.

One more ribbing[smile]
Greg smokingchimp.jpg

I'm a female too, and a non-smoker, and a shooter. Oh yeah, and I live in the Merrimac valley. I belong to Country Pond in Newton, NH. I've never seen anyone smoke inside the club house or in the indoor range. I don't know what their specific rules are regarding smoking.

Note to OP: you'll enjoy this forum a lot more if you lighten up.

There's no smoking allowed inside, there's a butts go in the dumpster outside the door downstairs.

a liberal troll??? oh my. I had thoughts of high stiletto heals, black lacy stockings, going up to a black garter strap, .45 acp blazing...

a liberal troll??? oh my. I had thoughts of high stiletto heals, black lacy stockings, going up to a black garter strap, .45 acp blazing...

May this haunt your dreams forever.

nuIx1C6.jpg

I don't care I'm still calling this one a troll. Unless she posts more and proves me wrong of course. The quip about being more intelligent than most of us here reminds me of jesuslove. Was it Jesuslove or goodlife that made a thread about going to some high priced plate dinner/benefit and carrying all the while insinuating we were low class and poor.

I can't keep track of these people

I don't care I'm still calling this one a troll. Unless she posts more and proves me wrong of course. The quip about being more intelligent than most of us here reminds me of jesuslove. Was it Jesuslove or goodlife that made a thread about going to some high priced plate dinner/benefit and carrying all the while insinuating we were low class and poor.

I can't keep track of these people

Heh. I missed the intelligence slur, but then again its to be expected. I'm just a damned dirty ape.

But there are prolly a few people here that could give most people a run for their money. Not always the overly voluble ones, either.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

Coming home to a thread filled with ignorant, insensitive, and degrading replies to a very simple question!

It's the internet. Welcome. [grin] Really, there are some awesome people here. Go to a shoot and meet them. Post in the Acquisitions threads. They'll pull the fangs in when you are established as a "real" person - we do get a fair amount of trolls passing through here so new people do tend to go through a baptism of fire.

DUH! I'm a medical professional (and clearly better educated than you)

Oh no no no no. [shocked] Pro-tip: Whatever education/training you may have, there are almost certainly people here who are smarter and better-educated than you. And it may be some time before you figure out who they are.

There are also very few professions that will garner automatic respect on this forum. The people here generally grasp the difference between education and training. Being a "medical professional" might indicate you have some degree of the later, but says absolutely nothing about whether or not you have any of the former.

That said, your command of the English language is certainly well-above average for the Internet. Congrats on that; you would likely not have been immediately Scriv'd back in the classic era of NES.

a habit. An expensive one.....just like my shoe habit ----- only I'm betting I'm a hell of a lot better looking! :)

The guys are slipping. Someone references a good looking female and NO ONE posts:

[pics]

Wow. Yikes, she really did rub y'all the wrong way huh?

- - - Updated - - -

...the overly voluble ones, either.

And that sir, is what we refer to as a "tell." [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom