Looking for a NON SMOKING gun club to join - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Merrimack Valley and would like to join a gun club - please give me suggestions? I would like to hear the good and the bad so I can make a wise decision. Thanks! :)

no clubs i know of allow smoking at indoor range. lead & gunpowder fumes are much safer. im not being facetious, but whats the problem with cigar smoke at the outdoor range?

no clubs i know of allow smoking at indoor range. lead & gunpowder fumes are much safer. im not being facetious, but whats the problem with cigar smoke at the outdoor range?

I was actually thinking the same thing! I personally can't stand being around smoking, but was thinking "WTF?" when I read this thread because the shit you breathe at most indoor ranges is probably quite a bit worse than a little second hand cigarette or cigar smoke!

I know of no club that forbids smoking in the MV area. I've smoked many a fine cigar on the outdoor shotgun ranges with friends and guests. I don't know anyone stupid enough (nor do I care to) to smoke in a pistol range. I've also had the privilege to enjoy adult beverages at many clubs and have never, not once had a problem with drinks and guns in over 30 years.

Second hand smoke should be the least of anyone's worries with lead and all the other crap going on. [smile]

Guys, the OP is clearly a new shooter and by the name I'm guessing also female. Try not to attack right out of the gate, eh?

I don't know of any clubs in this part of the country that ban all smoking on the premises. Most do not allow (or are forced to not allow) smoking indoors.

I think you'll have trouble finding a club that don't allow smoking at all in there grounds . Most gun owners don't like the idea of taking freedoms away from others etc .
I've never seen a indoor range that you can smoke in , besides original bobs but that's a cast iron stove in the corner lol.

You could allways join a club and if it bothers you that much you could ask for them to setup a smoking area out of the way. Granted I can see that turning into a shit storm .

I'm looking for a gun club with valet parking.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

i'd love to enjoy an adult beverage AFTER range time but banned at my club. i understand the logic and i'll live with that, but if they ban smoking outdoors i'm gone. i also think i'm detecting a liberal troll in the op

You are participating in a sport that exposes you to lead dust/vapor in the air, but are worried about a little second hand smoke?

*sigh* Come on guys.

My very first club allowed smoking inside the buildings (not on the indoor ranges). I am not a smoker and HATE the smell. This meant I spent minimal time in the clubhouses, usually had to shower when I got home, and discouraged me from joining teams or coming to meetings. I didn't try to change that, and the OP isn't suggesting trying to change it either, - she (presumably) just wants to try to find a club that is more in line with her preferences.

Oh noes! A person seeking to freely associate with other people who have similar concerns & priorities, without government involvement. Burn her - she's a witch! [laugh][rolleyes]

Clubs that have no or less smoking are out there in the world. I know of a male member-only club that has a liquor license and banned smoking indoors about 2 years ago. The MEN at that very traditional club got sick of the smoke and voted to change their policy.

To the OP - keep looking. Unfortunately I don't know your area well at all and can't recommend anything. Also, if you post an avatar that goes with your screen name, you'll probably end up with a fan club. They're visual around here. [wink]

Last edited:
*sigh* Come on guys.

My very first club allowed smoking inside the buildings (not on the indoor ranges). I am not a smoker and HATE the smell. This meant I spent minimal time in the clubhouses, usually had to shower when I got home, and discouraged me from joining teams or coming to meetings. I didn't try to change that, and the OP isn't suggesting trying to change it either, - she (presumably) just wants to try to find a club that is more in line with her preferences.

Oh noes! A person seeking to freely associate with other people who have similar concerns & priorities, without government involvement. Burn her - she's a witch! [laugh][rolleyes]

Clubs that have no or less smoking are out there in the world. I know of a male member-only club that has a liquor license and banned smoking indoors about 2 years ago. The MEN at that very traditional club got sick of the smoke and voted to change their policy.

To the OP - keep looking. Unfortunately I don't know your area well at all and can't recommend anything. Also, if you post an avatar that goes with your screen name, you'll probably end up with a fan club. They're visual around here. [wink]

Good point.

I'm looking for a gun club with valet parking.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Beware what you wished for. MRGCI do offered valet service, only on NES event. Not only valet service, your ride will get up-to-date service and pimped up.

Ps. I don't smoke, but I don't mind smoker near me.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom