• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a 1k yard range. Anyone?

Can anyone remind me where there are some 500+ yard ranges in "the area". Optimally I need a 1k and I know there are a few around, but for the life of me I do not recall where..

Unfortunately I need a "controlled" area, not just a random sand pit where it's OK to shoot and make noise.

Thanks!

Define "none that I can access". For that is not likely true.

Regardless..I could have SWORN there was a club near the Cape that had one.. and at least one in Mass...

The longest that I know of 'near the Cape' is Woodcock in South Dartmouth. They have 500 yards. Dues are $60/year for non residents of the town. But 500 is not 1000.

edit: I think Pelham was working on a 600 yard range. It's not done yet tho.

The title of your post is asking about 1000 yard ranges but the body is asking about 500+ yard ranges. Which is is?

Fort Deven's has one -- Hotel range with reactive targets. Good luck getting access to it.

Regardless..I could have SWORN there was a club near the Cape that had one.. and at least one in Mass...

The longest private range in MA that I'm aware of is the 600 yard range at Reading & Revolver.

What I mean is there are currently no public or member-only ranges (that I know of) in NE that have a 1000yd range. Pemi is working on it, but I'm not holding my breath. I said "none you can access" because I was leaving room for any military ranges that might go to 1000, and if there were any, they don't allow civilians as of right now. If you are currently serving, then you probably know better than I do about these ranges.

Wasn't there a long distance range in the Reading, MA area? ( i don't know this for sure, but I remember reading a thread about it)

1000yds is a looooooooooooonnnnngggg way to shoot. The requirements for a safe range facility are exponentially higher than a simple 600yd range.

1000yds is a looooooooooooonnnnngggg way to shoot. The requirements for a safe range facility are exponentially higher than a simple 600yd range.

Whatever. I nail headshots with my 10/22 at 1000 all the time.

shot out to 900 yards with AE .223 shit ammo a few weeks ago in north carolina, great time. I Shot roughly 80 rounds at that range. Sucked I didnt get to shoot any nice handloads (out of stock everywhere) but I was still hitting 12"-16" groups with the american eagle no problem which is only rated for 4MOA. I was able to get (3) rounds out of (10) in the X once I had it dialed right. It was depressing knowing that when I came back up north I can barely shoot out past 300 yards, but its good to know the data for 700 & 900 if need be. I'll keep my eye to this thread to see if anything past 600 every pop's up, seems like there alot of intrest for long range though...

Back
Top Bottom