Longmeadow MA Alert - CCW - AWB Bans proposed + Gun Registration!

Ya know, I posted up at the AR-15 hometown forum for MASS about this pending legislation early this morning. Nothing was mentioned there as of yet. Lexington was mentioned, however. I guess they have a similar firearms issue going on there as well. (Imagine that!) As of now, 1800 hours, not one reply but over a dozen reads. It's interesting how some fellas take this seriously and some just slough it off as unimportant. Amazing.

Concerned gun owners of Longmeadow had better get off their asses and start a campaign to to quash this idiocy!!! I haven't seen any websites designed to keep residents informed of the shenanigans. Don't just sit there on your hands. Spread the word! Start a dialogue. If you live there, you need to take charge. No one else is going to do this for you!

You will get some support from the community, but you are on the front lines. We need intel!

It looks like the anti- gunners have changed their tactics..instead of going from the "top down" , they are trying bottom up.
They have had recent losses in the western states but never stop trying.
ggboy

The guy that proposed this legislation was on the radio this morning, to say it was laughable is an understatement. He seemed extremely uneducated on the topic, what a surprise.

In light of Heller, and now Caetano, I don't think anything passed would survive for long in MA, as it seems SCOTUS is a bit peeved at the commonwealth at the moment....better to head it off at the origin, I agree, but sometimes a short term loss may result in a longer-term win (provided hildabeest doesn't remove SCOTUS by executive fiat and proclaim herself empress)

So the GOAL's alert for today says that one of the new bills will be to force everyone to register their guns when they renew their license. I assume the town is going to keep that information or will they forward it the state and FBI?

Would that even be legal and pass constitutional muster, don't mean at the state level as our court has shown they will support any anti gun bill but at the federal level

Well I live in Longmeadow and will be there to present logical points and vote no....

I would like to speak to someone at GOAL as I will have well written thoughts to present at the town meeting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We gotta start making these folks that push this crap as uncomfortable as possible. Harass them at work and home. Ideally tar and feathering would be better, another day another age. But seriously we should be making their lives a living hell.
If they did that to you, would it make you more, or less, dedicated to the issue?

Send them flowers.

As I said above I have many thoughts that I will get down on paper and present in an intelligent way....I would like to contact someone at GOAL and go over my thoughts and get some insight on things I may have missed...I think it's important that we got our point across in an educated way....

I have nineteen members of my Lodge who live in Longmeadow, I know some of them are gun owners. I will contact them today.

I will contact the Lodge in East Longmeadow where there are many more members from Longmeadow to have them spread the word to their membership.

As I said above I have many thoughts that I will get down on paper and present in an intelligent way....I would like to contact someone at GOAL and go over my thoughts and get some insight on things I may have missed...I think it's important that we got our point across in an educated way....

Don't expect GOAL to contact you based on a post here. On Monday pickup the phone and call them, get connected to someone you can work with there.

So the GOAL's alert for today says that one of the new bills will be to force everyone to register their guns when they renew their license. I assume the town is going to keep that information or will they forward it the state and FBI?

Would that even be legal and pass constitutional muster, don't mean at the state level as our court has shown they will support any anti gun bill but at the federal level

didn't they pass that kind of bill in Ct, everyone had to register their guns and magazines!

didn't they pass that kind of bill in Ct, everyone had to register their guns and magazines!

There is no registration of "normal" firearms, only firearms that comport to their definition of an "assault rifle" which includes every iteration of AR-15 that you can name. You could keep your existing ones if you registered with the state and you also........get this......had to "register" all magazines above 10 rounds. Many thousands........estimated in the 10s of thousands did not comply and became instant felons overnight.

No more AR-15s can be purchased here ever again unless they are bonefide pre-bans. Those lowers can still be purchased and mated to newer uppers. However, few fellow shooters outside of the confines of our state are willing to sell us any old pre-bans at even close to reasonable prices. Quite often they are in the $750 to $1000 area right now. Most of us would gladly pay $300-$350 for a preban which would allow us to continue our hobby and, at that price, would provide the seller enough to buy two brand-new-high-end lowers but that just hasn't happened. God forbid it should happen to you all.

Rome

This cr$p seems to be coordinated.
Wake up people. This is the Progressive agenda as led by our president and his attempt to circumvent congress by imposing executive office and local government actions. They admit that they cannot enact legislation (they blame the NRA lobby) so they have started attacking the 2nd amendment through executive branch and local government actions.

Here is an example of their framework/model:

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/guns-crime/report/2015/12/15/127399/framework-for-action/

Look at any of the literature from the larger anti-gun organizations and you will find instructions on how to circumvent the legislative process It is no coincidence that the Lexington gun ban motion was taken word for word from the Highland Park IL gun ban. Last December the US Supreme Court refused to hear a case seeking to overturn that ban. That was a HUGE victory for the anti gun movement and they are attempting to spread that tactic across the country.

GOAL has a proposed law "An Act Relative to Constitutional Rights" that is intended to prevent local municipalities from passing local ordinances or regulations addressing firearms that would supersede state or federal laws. If you don't stop this movement you will be fighting this battle at EVERY town meeting in the state.

Last edited:
There is no registration of "normal" firearms, only firearms that comport to their definition of an "assault rifle" which includes every iteration of AR-15 that you can name. You could keep your existing ones if you registered with the state and you also........get this......had to "register" all magazines above 10 rounds. Many thousands........estimated in the 10s of thousands did not comply and became instant felons overnight.

No more AR-15s can be purchased here ever again unless they are bonefide pre-bans. Those lowers can still be purchased and mated to newer uppers. However, few fellow shooters outside of the confines of our state are willing to sell us any old pre-bans at even close to reasonable prices. Quite often they are in the $750 to $1000 area right now. Most of us would gladly pay $300-$350 for a preban which would allow us to continue our hobby and, at that price, would provide the seller enough to buy two brand-new-high-end lowers but that just hasn't happened. God forbid it should happen to you all.

Rome

MA subjects have been paying $7-800 for pre-ban lowers for years. And the irony is that I bought a verified pre-ban Colt AR-15 for $1000 (OTD cost with tax and 18% auction surcharge included) a year or two ago at auction (bidding against dealers), so it pays to keep one's eye open for a complete gun for almost the same money as gougers want for lowers (some of which are stripped and still close to $700).

Can anyone tie these proponents of the Citizens Articles to Bloomberg or Brady or any of those groups?

It's interesting that the Lexington guy is at the Kennedy School, which Bloomberg has endowed in the past:

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/1996/09.19/BloombergEndows.html

Wake up people. This is the Progressive agenda as led by our president and his attempt to circumvent congress by imposing executive office and local government actions. They admit that they cannot enact legislation (they blame the NRA lobby) so they have started attacking the 2nd amendment through executive branch and local government actions.

Here is an example of their framework/model:

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/guns-crime/report/2015/12/15/127399/framework-for-action/

Look at any of the literature from the larger anti-gun organizations and you will find instructions on how to circumvent the legislative process It is no coincidence that the Lexington gun ban motion was taken word for word from the Highland Park IL gun ban. Last December the US Supreme Court refused to hear a case seeking to overturn that ban. That was a HUGE victory for the anti gun movement and they are attempting to spread that tactic across the country.

GOAL has a proposed law "An Act Relative to Constitutional Rights" that is intended to prevent local municipalities from passing local ordinances or regulations addressing firearms that would supersede state or federal laws. If you don't stop this movement you will be fighting this battle at EVERY town meeting in the state.

I live in Longmeadow and will be there with several pages of points and will vote NO on all three absurd articles. I started contacting local gun ranges and groups. Received great feedback and got organized for what I think will be a large group in attendance. Any Longmeadow residents on here PM me or email me and we can talk and coordinate efforts.

Shapiroeric contact me as I have many pages of legal opposition to these infringements proposed.

The great thing about Lexington and now other towns attempting this is it will bring gun owners closer together, strengthening us!

We have to stick together no matter what types of guns you own or what your level of involvement in shooting sports, self defense purposes or hunting is.

I would like to point out that Agawam Revolver Club has been on board from day one and super helpful! They are the only club to have gotten back to me so far. The level of help I received from them overwhelmed me!

All residents of the town even if they don't own firearms should be there to vote NO! Protecting freedoms and the bill of rights/constitution is all of our responsibility to do.

J

Does the Longmeadow Town Meeting allow all residents to vote on these matters, or do you have to be a Town Meeting Member, or on the board, or something?

Back
Top Bottom