Longmeadow MA Alert - CCW - AWB Bans proposed + Gun Registration!

Most of us would gladly pay $300-$350 for a preban which would allow us to continue our hobby and, at that price, would provide the seller enough to buy two brand-new-high-end lowers but that just hasn't happened. God forbid it should happen to you all.

I am interested in your thoughts on the Ares SCR which is pretty much an AR15 without the pistol grip.

I think it would be possible to design a new lower and buffer system that would be retrofittable onto an AR15 upper to yield a Connecticut-legal rifle a lot like the Ares SCR. Would there be any interest in something like that?

WesiteHeaderProduct_Ares-SCR.jpg

I am interested in your thoughts on the Ares SCR which is pretty much an AR15 without the pistol grip.

I think it would be possible to design a new lower and buffer system that would be retrofittable onto an AR15 upper to yield a Connecticut-legal rifle a lot like the Ares SCR. Would there be any interest in something like that?

WesiteHeaderProduct_Ares-SCR.jpg

Here's a bunch of discussion about that rifle which is legal here in Konnectistan.

Rome

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_26/590807_ARES_SCR_lower.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_26/573631_Ares.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_26/569859_Has_an_Ares_SCR_ever_been_on_a_shelf_in_CT_.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_26/564495_Ares_SCR_____AR_15ish_Rifle.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_26/556328_Ares_SCR.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_26/565476_Ares_scr_in_stock_.html

The funny thing about these by "laws" is it's basically a ticket....so I have my legally concealed firearm and legally use it to defend myself on town property...everything checks out....bad guy is neutralized....and I get a $300 ticket...or I become a victim....lol...ill take the ticket thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's a bunch of discussion about that rifle which is legal here in Konnectistan.

Thank you! I think if I lived in Connecticut I'd sell my AR15 lower(s) and buy the Ares SCR lower kit for $460.00.

Edit: looks like the Ares SCR may not be Connecticut-legal after all as the bolt carrier has a tail that enters the stock. The Connecticut law prohibits any fingers on the trigger hand other than the trigger finger from being "under the action."

So a Connecticut-legal "AR-15" would have a lower like the Ares SCR with a conventional stock and the trigger relocated rearwards and a side-charging RRA PDS-type upper. Not too many parts in common with a conventional AR-15.

Last edited:
It was stated earlier in this thread that the "town owned land" would include sidewalks but while IANAL it is my understanding that public sidewalks as well as roads are actually easements that the towns control, you own the land to the center of the road but the town has an easement to use the road and both sides for sidewalks and telephone poles etc. If they can stop you carrying on the sidewalk the same would be true of possessing a weapon on a public way. Don't know the legality of that but that could be a point to alarm people.

It was stated earlier in this thread that the "town owned land" would include sidewalks but while IANAL it is my understanding that public sidewalks as well as roads are actually easements that the towns control, you own the land to the center of the road but the town has an easement to use the road and both sides for sidewalks and telephone poles etc. If they can stop you carrying on the sidewalk the same would be true of possessing a weapon on a public way. Don't know the legality of that but that could be a point to alarm people.

My lot plan, as filed at the registrar and at the town, does not include the road. I know there is a certain distance from the front boundry in that the town can use, but road is the towns. The sidewalk is an easement.

I had a very nice chat with the Longmeadow Chief of Police today....we went over many of the questions regarding these by laws....I will be emailing him a list of questions that I will be asking at the town meeting....they were all answered logically and I would say a good argument on why these should not be passed....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a very nice chat with the Longmeadow Chief of Police today....we went over many of the questions regarding these by laws....I will be emailing him a list of questions that I will be asking at the town meeting....they were all answered logically and I would say a good argument on why these should not be passed....

If you have an open town meeting, the quality of your arguments is irrelevant.

I am currently waiting for a copy of the registered voter list from the Town Clerk in my town. I am then going to do a direct mailing to every male Republican.

Perhaps you might consider doing the same. You have to turn out the vote. That is the only way to win.

I am currently waiting for a copy of the registered voter list from the Town Clerk in my town. I am then going to do a direct mailing to every male Republican.

Perhaps you might consider doing the same. You have to turn out the vote. That is the only way to win.

Why limit yourself to the men? There are alot of women who own guns or are pro 2nd

Why limit yourself to the men? There are alot of women who own guns or are pro 2nd

Cost, mainly. I will have a better idea when I've seen the list.

I'm hoping to develop a simple "how-to," a template for opposing these sneaky libtard Warrant Articles. You have to show up with more bodies on the day, that's all there is to it.

Town meetings are usually in a small room in the PD....this meeting is in the high school auditorium....there will be a good turnout....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Town meetings are usually in a small room in the PD....this meeting is in the high school auditorium....there will be a good turnout....

Twilight zone.

You want to turn out the pro-2A people. The only way to do that is to reach out to them directly. If Longmeadow is anything like my town many of them won't even know about the Article unless you contact them and ask them to show up.

I am expecting a good turn out of pro 2A people and also hoping even those who don't own firearms but like freedom will also turnout and vote NO.

Great idea on getting the registered Republican voter list both male and females should get a letter.

The he very thing to stop this absurdity is numbers of people showing up!

We have to continue posting and getting the word out to residents.

While I don't live in Longmeadow (live across the river), I'd like to go to this in a show of support for our constitutionally given rights. Is that possible or are non resident not allowed.

Right there. That's the way to "win" a town meeting. Likely there will also be a motion to have a secret ballot. Screw that!

While I don't live in Longmeadow (live across the river), I'd like to go to this in a show of support for our constitutionally given rights. Is that possible or are non resident not allowed.

I believe town meetings are open to the public, to speak I believe you have to state your name and address and obviously be from the town. I would welcome your support and being there on May 10th, the time for all of us to band together is now. I'm going to be in Lexington during their meeting just to show support.

A positive to going for anyone concerned is you'll gain experience if it happens in your town and always check your town meetings, this stuff could sneak by people, I think that's what certain people are attempting with this stuff

I believe town meetings are open to the public, to speak I believe you have to state your name and address and obviously be from the town. I would welcome your support and being there on May 10th, the time for all of us to band together is now. I'm going to be in Lexington during their meeting just to show support.

A positive to going for anyone concerned is you'll gain experience if it happens in your town and always check your town meetings, this stuff could sneak by people, I think that's what certain people are attempting with this stuff

Some of what they are proposing impacts more than just residents. Every LTC holder (resident and non-res) is impacted if they happen through longmeadow. Shouldn't those people have a say?

Hope they plan enough in their budget to post signage to identify town buildings and land.

Mass already has some bizarre laws on the books regarding firearms such as:

Shooting ranges may not set up targets that resemble human beings.

Bullets may not be used as currency.

All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.

Hunting on Sundays is prohibited.

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car. (this last one I included just because....)

(source: http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/massachusetts)

You really don't need any more.

Rome

Some of what they are proposing impacts more than just residents. Every LTC holder (resident and non-res) is impacted if they happen through longmeadow. Shouldn't those people have a say?

Hope they plan enough in their budget to post signage to identify town buildings and land.

Great point!
You are absolutely right! These absurd bylaws would affect anyone passing through I guess it would be a 300 dollar fine for anyone lawfully carrying a firearm on town property. The articles are so vaugley written who knows what could happen.

I'd show up on May 10th support us, and you support everyone's freedom and the 2A.

We all have to watch town meetings from now on in any town in Mass this will be attempted else where for sure.

I live in Longmeadow, let me know what I can do to help out as sure as hell don't want these bylaws to pass.

Go to that town meeting to vote NO. Bring your wife and family who live in town, tell anyone you know who supports gun rights.

Also post a notice at your local gun range. Get the word out to residents any way you can.

Seriously, what does it take to get an article up for vote at a town meeting? Why not get the proper signatures and present an article that gun laws that are stricter than the state are prohibited? Put this to rest once and for all.

I live in Longmeadow, let me know what I can do to help out as sure as hell don't want these bylaws to pass.

Longmeadow resident also, just be there May 10, get the word out to as many other pro 2A residents. I contacted Agawam Revolver Club and was over whelmed at their support. I am in the process of posting things at other clubs. I am also attending Chicopee Sportsmanship Club monthly meeting on April 7th to see if I can some support there. Best thing to do is try to contact others in town that you may know to go and inform them.

If you can bring all your family members from town also.

This has been posted before but is vital we can win this but need numbers on our side.

I was over at Guns Inc West Springfield today and happy to signs up detailing Longmeadow MA issues, they had signs inside and outside the shop. Good conversation with them and they are very informed and also talking to customers about it daily. That's great news in getting the word out!

Keep on top of things at www.longforliberty.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lots of incorrect information on that site. Sad that opponents of the initiative would be spreading misinformation. For example the "talking points from the Agawam Revolver club" : "This law is redundant. All law abiding citizens who possess either an LTC or an FID card already have their firearms registered/listed with the state of MA. Longmeadow PD has the capability and resources to retrieve that information when necessary."

WHen did MA start a firearms registry?

P.S. I know what the MIRCS firearms transaction portal is and what it does and doesn't do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom