Longmeadow MA Alert - CCW - AWB Bans proposed + Gun Registration!

In Lexington, both the Board of Selectmen voted against it, and the chief of police came out against the proposal.

Not only that, but the town counsel wrote a scathing report that the selectmen released to the public. This is an arrow that should be in the quiver of every local 2A defender. You can find it here. Recommend you download and save it.

Should a local prosecuting officer choose to charge an offender with violation of the proposed bylaw—and thus impose the less stringent punishment—that offender would be able to avoid the significantly more strict penalties at thestate level. This discretion could serve to undermine the purpose of the Massachusetts AWB and the Firearms Act.

I'm sure that in practice the town will always step aside and let state or federal prosecute but this passage about double jeopardy is interesting. Might be something for the free states that want to preempt federal gun control laws to pursue. Lower the penalty to a nano-cent and then always prosecute before the feds do.

This victory should start the rally cry for more people to get their LTCs and vote accordingly. The more anti-2A people start showing their idiocy in public, the more people will see through their smoke show.

The pro-2A people who show up to these things show that they are your regular neighbors, coworkers, and friends. They show that they're the same people the fence sitters have always known who are of no harm and are good guys.

The other thing that worries me is that through trial-and-error, the antis are slowly learning how to refine their approach. This might be a tactic they use until something sticks.

The other thing that worries me is that through trial-and-error, the antis are slowly learning how to refine their approach. This might be a tactic they use until something sticks.
It certainly seems to have been working for the anti-abortion crowd.

Not that the anti-2a's would ever admit they get their tactics from the pro-lifers, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... get the shotgun loaded.

I still don't think they're going to get serious traction, but they must be stopped at every turn, because this is a long term kind of issue, it feels as though the new vector is to attack the culture itself, rather than try to attack us head on. The less opportunities there are for the next generation of potential shooters, the easier it is for them to regain power. It becomes easy to "ban" something when nobody gives a shit about it or nobody has skin in the game. Dumb analogy, but you know why Jarts (lawn darts) got banned? Because basically, nobody ultimately gave a shit about that game. On the other hand if it was played by 80 million people and was some kind of national pastime (like Baseball, let's say) then Jarts would never have been banned. I am thinking the shitberg/soros campaign involves doing things like trying to pass annoying local ordinances, and get ranges and other shooting facilities closed due to overhyped/made up "environmental" issues and so on. Or even if they can't close a range they want every range to be like the numerous trash facilities that we all know exist, without naming names, etc... they want shooting recreationally to be onerous, so that it will scare new people away. (I mean let's face some facts here, but does anyone REALLY think that most teenagers interested in guns really wanted to be shooting a rifle through a ****ing cement pipe? [rofl] )

These tactics have been going on forever but I think we've seen a conversion of anti resources swung around to that mode of attack vs the old school stuff where they just kept continuously pant wetting and filing all kinds of poorly written legislation that won't pass. At some point or another we need to be able to prove the money trail or the blow in factor from bloomberg, et al. Then you can pivot the townspeople against the nostrum that whoever introduces the garbage ordinances is acting on orders from some blow in type of anti and that it's not genuine grassroots supported issues. Antis seem to be adept at trying to make themselves look bigger than they actually are, and when they start to do the strutting peacock bullshit blowing their feathers off by publicly outing their "handlers" would make things interesting...

-Mike

It's a miracle one of my brothers or I didn't get a Jart to the brain at some point.

The youngest brother actually picked up a contraban set a couple of years ago. We had a blast playing in the middle brother's backyard, 25 years after last "playing" together (read: throwing them at each other). [smile]

At the end of the day, the local measures like we've seen in Longmeadow, Ipswich, and Lexington are about ginning up publicity, and trying to keep us on the defensive. In the end they represent little more than a repetitive and annoying circle jerk.

I like to call it the "fake grass roots" approach. The antis act as though they have broad based support for their garbage, when in reality its like a few handfuls of the biggest mooniest mc moonbats. Once those people are out of the equation (or embarrassed in public) then suddenly some of the other coat holder moonbats kinda disappear into the shadows because they realize the whole thing isn't going anywhere. They've always spent an enormous amount of resources trying to make themselves look bigger than they actually are. It would be pretty funny to catch them with their pants down paying protesters. I'm sure that's next, if it hasn't happened already.

-Mike

The problem is that these local bans legitimize the concept of town/city gun control by allowing the question to focus on "should we do it" rather than "can we legally do it". It's sort of like allowing a town to focus on "where should XYX minority be allowed to live?" rather than "can we restrict where XYZ is allowed to live?". As long as the debate continues to be on the merits, sooner or later, some podunk town is going to pass some bit of garbage in this area.

GOAL should be working for a solid pre-emption bill that clearly precludes this sort of nonsense. At best, we get pre-emption. At worst, we engage the opposition's resources fighting something introduce by our side.

I still don't think they're going to get serious traction, but they must be stopped at every turn, because this is a long term kind of issue, it feels as though the new vector is to attack the culture itself, rather than try to attack us head on. The less opportunities there are for the next generation of potential shooters, the easier it is for them to regain power. It becomes easy to "ban" something when nobody gives a shit about it or nobody has skin in the game. Dumb analogy, but you know why Jarts (lawn darts) got banned? Because basically, nobody ultimately gave a shit about that game. On the other hand if it was played by 80 million people and was some kind of national pastime (like Baseball, let's say) then Jarts would never have been banned. I am thinking the shitberg/soros campaign involves doing things like trying to pass annoying local ordinances, and get ranges and other shooting facilities closed due to overhyped/made up "environmental" issues and so on. Or even if they can't close a range they want every range to be like the numerous trash facilities that we all know exist, without naming names, etc... they want shooting recreationally to be onerous, so that it will scare new people away. (I mean let's face some facts here, but does anyone REALLY think that most teenagers interested in guns really wanted to be shooting a rifle through a ****ing cement pipe? [rofl] )

These tactics have been going on forever but I think we've seen a conversion of anti resources swung around to that mode of attack vs the old school stuff where they just kept continuously pant wetting and filing all kinds of poorly written legislation that won't pass. At some point or another we need to be able to prove the money trail or the blow in factor from bloomberg, et al. Then you can pivot the townspeople against the nostrum that whoever introduces the garbage ordinances is acting on orders from some blow in type of anti and that it's not genuine grassroots supported issues. Antis seem to be adept at trying to make themselves look bigger than they actually are, and when they start to do the strutting peacock bullshit blowing their feathers off by publicly outing their "handlers" would make things interesting...

-Mike

Yes, if there are no new shooters who will care if it gets banned. Look at stamp collecting, it is a dying hobby as no one gets letters anymore.

Another thing to look at is HOLLYWOOD, they are actually our allies in this! HOW? every time they glorify guns in a movie or tv show it gets kids wanting to try them, same with video games.

I wouldn't say that the control crowd is 'refining' anything. They're just playing their own perverted game of 'wack-a-mole'. Something might stick here ro there, but in the end it's little more than public relations.

Also, for anyone wondering, the individual with the military shirt and the tattoos that suggested moving forward 29, 30 and 31 was NOT one of us. He was one of Grant's flunkies.

wow i thought for sure he was on our side.. i guess you cant judge a book by its tattoos...

wow i thought for sure he was on our side.. i guess you cant judge a book by its tattoos...

I remember when a person with tattoos was generally a cool dude who was anything opposite than a Grant lackey. Now it's a crapshoot cuz a lot of SJWs have taken up ink. It really sucks.

ETA: For example: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463096513.083698.jpg I see a workplace rat, an SJW, and a male feminist in this picture. I don't see a gun guy who you happened to see at a metal concert the night before.

Last edited:
Angela Giron Protesters Paid Secretly In Cash To …: http://youtu.be/MjHzw966CMAQUOTE=drgrant;5025314]I like to call it the "fake grass roots" approach. The antis act as though they have broad based support for their garbage, when in reality its like a few handfuls of the biggest mooniest mc moonbats. Once those people are out of the equation (or embarrassed in public) then suddenly some of the other coat holder moonbats kinda disappear into the shadows because they realize the whole thing isn't going anywhere. They've always spent an enormous amount of resources trying to make themselves look bigger than they actually are. It would be pretty funny to catch them with their pants down paying protesters. I'm sure that's next, if it hasn't happened already.

-Mike[/QUOTE]

Angela Giron Protesters Paid Secretly In Cash To …: http://youtu.be/MjHzw966CMA

OK.

Social Justice Warrior?

????

WTF is that?

tumblr_o6kk7ri1GU1v9nihzo1_r1_500.gif

That Alex Grant knucklehead is supposed to be on local radio (102.1) after 8:00. streaming http://player.liquidcompass.net/WAQYFM

Can't wait for an attempt at positive spin....
. Listing now!! I cannot believe 102 is giving this idiot a mouthpiece! Wtf. As funny as this show is I'm seriously considering not listening anymore. Unfnbelievable......

Total crap show! He was basically given another chance to spew lies even though all three proposals were defeated smartly the other night. I wish there was a way to play it back. I feel like the winning team should be given a chance to go on the show and speak. I kinda feel John Obrien is an anti however it did seem like he threw up some opposition to Grant. Also I could be wrong but I thought I heard something about Grant wanting to continue the fight.... Sore loser [banghead]

Last edited:
I got pulled away during it, but I didn't hear any surprises. Why couldn't we find any common ground, it's for the children, why would you want guns at a daycare, this would have prevented Newtown, blah, blah, blah.... Progressive definition of "compromise" is where he was at.

Yeah, O'Brien is an anti - maybe not raving moonbat level, but more on the "only highly trained police should <whatever>" level. Still anti, unless that's just his on air persona.

Back
Top Bottom