Longmeadow MA Alert - CCW - AWB Bans proposed + Gun Registration!

Absolutely.

What I found interesting is that there are just shy of 1000 permit holders in Lonmgmeadow 800 men and just about 200 ladies. Looks like most of you showed up last night!

It was great seeing those yellow cards show up during the vote and shutting up that Grant guy.

Nice! Thanks to all that attended. I hope all those in Lexington are paying attention!

I'm hoping stuff like this emboldens the fence-sitters inside the 495 loop. Even if they don't shoot or ever want to shoot - it doesn't make any sense to screw with the rights of the law-abiding citizens.

It was a great meeting and Alex Grant and his motions didn't have a chance....there were zero people that had anything meaningful to say in favor of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****ing awesome. I shared this news on my Facebook and the Boston crowd goes mild...not a single person cares lol. But my friends list consists of about 95% liberal college students

I caught a lot of 'feelings' and 'needs' and 'common sense' from the yes; lots of facts and figures from the no folks. That whole argument 'you don't need ??????' can get these guys in a lot of trouble.

You don't need an SUV.
You don't need a 4 bedroom house.
You don't need a pool.
You don't need a computer.

I can use all their arguments for each one of my points. Even though mine are not in the BoR, they should fail just as quickly.

Jessica Wolpaw Reyes

https://www.amherst.edu/people/facstaff/jwreyes

I checked the video from last night at 1:19:30 and 4:20:17 and it looks like the same person. The glasses
and guybrows look exactly the same.

Liberals at Amherst College, what a surprise.

Ph.D., Harvard University (2002)

M.A., Harvard University, (2000)

Diploma in Mathematical Statistics, Cambridge University (1995)

B.A., Amherst College, 1994

I wonder if she ever worked in private industry. These people are smart- but seem to roam/thrive only in the theoretical.

I caught a lot of 'feelings' and 'needs' and 'common sense' from the yes; lots of facts and figures from the no folks. That whole argument 'you don't need ??????' can get these guys in a lot of trouble.

You don't need an SUV.
You don't need a 4 bedroom house.
You don't need a pool.
You don't need a computer.

I can use all their arguments for each one of my points. Even though mine are not in the BoR, they should fail just as quickly.
That reminds me, I picked one of these up this week and I'm waiting for the perfect time to bust it out

51Rwn2gJunL._SX342_.jpg

Now you need to find someone to replace the selectman who proposed these articles.

I live in a small town also, if these same gun owners picked a candidate they could elect him. People don't go out and vote in the big elections. The small elections for Selectmen probably don't get 20% of the voters out. He is a Selectman with a agenda, he should be gone. He made it personal now the voters should also.

The jwreyes chick, some excepts of her teaching interests:

She teaches 'Economics'.
The fundamental theorems of welfare economics say that markets can produce efficient and equitable outcomes, but that they will not always do so.
Public economics addresses the role of government in improving the efficiency and equity of the production and allocation of resources in society.
My teaching in this area places particular emphasis on pressing environmental policy issues. (WTF: economics = environmental policy issues)
Teaches social policy seminar

You can read the whole drivel at the link, but jebus, no wonder she has all this time for school and causes, I don't think any man would have her. The only thing she missed was climate change but she hinted at it hard (transference) [rofl]

Has anyone linked these shitbirds to Bloomberg yet? It seems like there is a lot of prancing going on by antis at the local level, my guess its at some directive by "Herr Bloomberg" or one of the other flamingly bad anti groups. I get the impression someone else is trying to put these useful idiots up to the task.

-Mike

The jwreyes chick, some excepts of her teaching interests:

She teaches 'Economics'.
The fundamental theorems of welfare economics say that markets can produce efficient and equitable outcomes, but that they will not always do so.
Public economics addresses the role of government in improving the efficiency and equity of the production and allocation of resources in society.
My teaching in this area places particular emphasis on pressing environmental policy issues. (WTF: economics = environmental policy issues)
Teaches social policy seminar

You can read the whole drivel at the link, but jebus, no wonder she has all this time for school and causes, I don't think any man would have her. The only thing she missed was climate change but she hinted at it hard (transference) [rofl]

"Public" Economics = Bernie-nomics

Congrats to the folks from Longmeadow.
And like JW said, the dick who came up with this needs to be shunned and shamed at every opportunity .

I live in a small town also, if these same gun owners picked a candidate they could elect him. People don't go out and vote in the big elections. The small elections for Selectmen probably don't get 20% of the voters out. He is a Selectman with a agenda, he should be gone. He made it personal now the voters should also.

They should absolutely do this. Over and over and over again!

The NRA and GOAL need to publicize this. This should have been in the morning news across the state. Gotta start Tweeting and Instagramming, and Facebooking the heck out of this. Podcast, news conference, press release. Then everyone who supports this needs to double down and triple down and repost, retweet, like or whatever else to drive this into the public's "mind's eye", and MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT!!!!

Send it to Emily Miller, Ted Nugent, John Stossel, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Howie Carr, and anyone else who can help the cause.

COME ON, PEOPLE!!!!!

:)

It's been discussed....the person who introduced the bill had already said beforehand he was not running again

It's been discussed....the person who introduced the bill had already said beforehand he was not running again

Sounds like he proposed this as a concerned citizen to protect his fellow Selectmen if they did it as a board they might all be looking for work. Someone should remind them that they are elected and that would be the voters. If they didn't speak against Grant than they are with him.

Sounds like he proposed this as a concerned citizen to protect his fellow Selectmen if they did it as a board they might all be looking for work. Someone should remind them that they are elected and that would be the voters. If they didn't speak against Grant than they are with him.

In Lexington, both the Board of Selectmen voted against it, and the chief of police came out against the proposal. Did either of these entities speak up in Longmeadow? Did anyone ask?

Isn't amazing how these arseholes know that these issues are "fall on your sword" issues, yet they still do it.

I think it's more likely that because he planned to not run, he thought that there was no down side to his proposal.
The result should still be trumpeted to make it clear that it's a no-go even at the local level.

Congratulations Longmeadow. Nice work by everyone than helped with this.

Get used to this sort of thing, it's the wave of the future. The gun control crowd has figured out that they can't get Congress or even most state legislatures to do what they want, so they're going the 'grass roots' approach. They use their Facebook friends to appeal to the uninformed with the 'you can make a difference locally message. It's a war of attrition. We'll almost always win but the in the process they tie up people and organizations who must constantly rally opposition to these initiative.

Mostly they'll continue to fail for several reasons. First, we'll always come out in greater numbers. Committed gun owners always out number committed gun banners, even in Massachusetts. Second, these measures almost always come from town meeting and select board members. Not only do they typically lack any subject matter expertise about the very thing they're trying to regulate, they also tend to be ignorant about the consequences of their poorly designed proposals with respect to things like home rule, probable litigation, or in the case, the impact on police. At some point the local police and the town's attorneys are usually going to oppose them.

At the end of the day, the local measures like we've seen in Longmeadow, Ipswich, and Lexington are about ginning up publicity, and trying to keep us on the defensive. In the end they represent little more than a repetitive and annoying circle jerk.

The gun control crowd has figured out that they can't get Congress or even most state legislatures to do what they want, so they're going the 'grass roots' approach.

This is, in a way, the inverse of what happened in the late '80s and early '90s. While the Dems worked at the federal level trying to get gun control legislation and ultimately won waiting periods and background checks and the AWB, pro-2A people worked at the state level to get shall-issue concealed carry licenses passed in lots of states. I can't research it right now but the big push for shall-issue carry licensing happened starting in '86 or '87 when Florida passed their law, and most of the states got on-board while the AWB was in effect.

Back
Top Bottom