• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Littleton FFLs

It seems like if you get an AR or whatever before the bill passes (it will) you will be grandfathered in and good to go. I don’t read laws, this is just what I have heard from people I know that do.

Also, the law will “probably” not pass muster in a federal courtroom when the fight gets there, so if that happens, it’s a non issue anyway.

you will be grandfathered in and good to go
that is what they said in australia too. do not be too naive.

2 things are in motion now - first one is the 'pack the court' thing, to enforce 'nothing in constitution is absolute'.
and second is the absolution of locally elected sheriffs, the thing obama was trying to do at his time.

as soon as both will be done - federal center will become a power monopoly that no longer cares to oblige anything.

that is what they said in australia too. do not be too naive.

2 things are in motion now - first one is the 'pack the court' thing, to enforce 'nothing in constitution is absolute'.
and second is the absolution of locally elected sheriffs, the thing obama was trying to do at his time.

as soon as both will be done - federal center will become a power monopoly that no longer cares to oblige anything.
It will be ok. We still have options. Less if you don’t own a good battle rifle

It seems like if you get an AR or whatever before the bill passes (it will) you will be grandfathered in and good to go. I don’t read laws, this is just what I have heard from people I know that do.

Also, the law will “probably” not pass muster in a federal courtroom when the fight gets there, so if that happens, it’s a non issue anyway.
My understanding was there is no grandfather unless pre 94, and you still have to register. But nothing is written in stone yet, the Senate will draft another bill soon but none of it becomes a law until until it lands on the governor's desk and is signed.

I can barely comment being a Mass refugee but my advice:
GO TO THE MILL, FOLLOW THEIR ADVICE AND BUY A BAD ASS GUN.
Worst case scenario you need to lock it in a closet or bury it in PVC but at least you have it if you need it.
That's how I see it.

I have only one gun on the books.

The rest are buried in 4 different states.

Short of a Civil War - I doubt I'll need more AR's.

IF you REALLY need an AR - it will be the apocalypse and laws wont matter.

Your first step should be to buy or build an AR. Then buy lots of lowers, uppers, and parts.
Do yourself a favor and take some classes too. Even basic intro AR classes would be fun!

My understanding was there is no grandfather unless pre 94, and you still have to register. But nothing is written in stone yet, the Senate will draft another bill soon but none of it becomes a law until until it lands on the governor's desk and is signed.
H.4139 includes grandfathering for all "assault-style firearms" legally registered before August 2024.

I still want to know about the “operation” going on in Littleton that the 3 letters have apparently been aware of and cracked down on.

I still want to know about the “operation” going on in Littleton that the 3 letters have apparently been aware of and cracked down on.
From my seat in Maine it appears that most are still in business after the jump in rent.
Good thing I’m not 2 towns away anymore. Wife might have had to put her foot down on my spending for the very first time in 33 years.
😂

You know damn well that if any of those Littleton guys were doing ANYTHING illegal, they would have been instantly arrested, shut down, and taken away. The fact that they are all in business still, tells you everything they need to know.

You know damn well that if any of those Littleton guys were doing ANYTHING illegal, they would have been instantly arrested, shut down, and taken away. The fact that they are all in business still, tells you everything they need to know.

This.

With the amount of attention from the Globe, there has been significant scrutiny from federal agencies and local police to ensure nothing illegal is happening. If there was, you can bet it would have been front page news.

only after articles in the globe. :) as free advertisement wears off - crowds also dissipate.
Lefty DimocRATS have always been the very best gun salespeople of all. [rockon] Doesn't matter if you are talking about the leftist media or BloomingTurd or our Dim legislators or Barry O'Bammy or the Ever-Demanding Moms or even that rich Boston lunatic with the endless anti-2A billboards next to the turnpike. They are all working as hard as they can to sell as many guns as possible! [cheers]
[party]

FFLs get inspected by the ATF once per year. One of the conditions is to follow state laws. If you’re an MA dealer, you get inspected by your local police department on top of it. Numerous lowers, ARs w/compliance work, and other supposed copies/duplicates/replicas of anything in the listed in the AWB are sold on a daily basis. The Globe screams for the ATF to investigate The Mill, and the ATF says “good job folks,” and leaves. The Globe “exposes” frame transfers and one is happening somewhere in the state as I write this.

The ATF doesn’t take any “enforcement notice” as law even if a few wish you wouldn’t (in their opinion) circumvent “the rules.”

The FFLs are in business. They are following the law. There is an AWB and enumerated AW features that is actual law. Follow those and go stock up on some lowers while it’s still feasible to do so and stop worrying or trying to make sense of MA law.

If something illegal was being sold, you’d know it.

Did I mention to go stock up on some lowers?

Driving up to NH today as we're approaching the exit I tell my wife to take it. She goes to take the exit so I tell her I'm kidding. She asks what's there so I tell her that's where The Mill is, then mention I'm going to buy a lower soon. She says "Didn't you just buy another one last week?" "Yeah, that's the problem, I only bought another ONE!" 🤣

The first rule of fight club is…

Meh… nevermind

On a more serious note- folks that do guns for living in the land of “work sets you free” (arbeit …) will always make sure they operate within the limits of the law. They aim to please, but they aim carefully as their azzes are on the line (see what I did there?)….. So go there and whatever is for sale- if you fancy it- buy it.

The only curious fact about the mill is that it is prolly an extraterrestrial entity akin to a black hole. There is a giant sucking force presented and things move mysteriously out of your wallet. Amazing. My wife however has a different opinion which I will not discuss here. Ever. You hear that woman?????

My logical albeit somewhat emotional 2 cents

Last edited:
I do kinda understand the OP. I was discussing the Mill with a friend who was like “I’ve got this idea for a brick and mortar that specializes in ARs. With help and parts and state-specific services. It could be huge!”

I was like “well there is this place…actually you just need to visit the Mill.”

You can explain it but it’s better to just visit.

Last edited:
It's probably the only place in the world where you can get tied up by a woman in leather and burned with cigarettes while waiting for your background check to clear. Well, I'm sure there's some places in Russia or Eastern Europe but that's not the point.

I'm not on here much, so I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death. What is the story on the Littleton FFLs assembling AR's? I know tha thte ATF is aware of the operation and assume that they would have cracked down already if there was an actual infraction. So, am I OK to purchase an AR there? I understand the coming debacle, so want to make sure that I am above board before any potential law passes. Thank you very much for the insight.
Wait what? There's gun stores in Littleton, MA? It's a small town... I hope none of them are near schools. Think of the children, wouldn't want a 6th grader to be able to go buy an AK-15 or something.

Back
Top Bottom