Question for FFLs on the board - Benelli Products

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Just a question for the FFLs here on the board. I have a guy interested in a Benelli M4 and asked if I can order one. Would seem though that Benelli doesn't use the normal wholesale channels. They say that you need to contact one of their stocking dealers. I called one but they charge MSRP even for FFLs. So anyone have an idea of a dealer that works with FFLs or is paying full price for it what it is. Never dealt with this before.

Form a 2002 article. Not sure if anything has changed.

"Benelli's contract requires the authorized dealer to sell only over-the-counter with a 4473. Sales to other dealers are prohibited, as are those to gun show dealers. Every authorized Benelli dealer must have a retail store, regular store hours, and conduct business in a retail environment. Additionally, Benelli prohibits dealers from advertising prices."

"To become an authorized Benelli dealer, a minimum annual inventory of $5,000 must be ordered by March of each year. The opening order for a new dealer is $5,000. The dealer may select any guns he chooses; depending on models chosen, this requirement ranges from five to eight guns, Otway said."

What I'm hearing is @Rockrivr1 is running a Benelli group buy.
All In Money GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I know that the "Natick Outdoor Store" was a stocking Benelli Authorized Dealer.

Not sure if they still are; but I do not think you will find ANY Benelli Dealers selling far below the manufacturers suggested retail prices.

Most stores nowadays do not sell NEW guns for far bellow the manufacturers suggested retail price; unlike long ago.

The main reason is dealers are not getting as big of a discount from distributors or manufacturers as they did long ago.

I was a firearms dealer from 1990-1997. I knew the wholesale and retail prices back then; and have discussed the wholesale and retail prices with current dealers.

Just a question for the FFLs here on the board. I have a guy interested in a Benelli M4 and asked if I can order one. Would seem though that Benelli doesn't use the normal wholesale channels. They say that you need to contact one of their stocking dealers. I called one but they charge MSRP even for FFLs. So anyone have an idea of a dealer that works with FFLs or is paying full price for it what it is. Never dealt with this before.

Benelli sucks to deal with, their dealer network is very closed, they have huge minimum buy #s (which include a lot of crap you don't want) etc. Honestly if you're trying to save a few bucks on one of them you're better off just finding somebody selling the gun you want on GunBroker and negotiating with them.

Benelli sucks to deal with, their dealer network is very closed, they have huge minimum buy #s (which include a lot of crap you don't want) etc. Honestly if you're trying to save a few bucks on one of them you're better off just finding somebody selling the gun you want on GunBroker and negotiating with them.

Ha! Not actually for me. Have a potential customer that wants one. Stupidly thought I could get one through a wholesaler, but obviously not from the answers above. Basically if I pay MSRP for the gun and mark up a small profit then it'll be more that this guy would pay if he just went to Bass Pro or Kittery to buy one. They are selling them for $1899. I'd hate doing that so I may just tell him to go there to buy it.

As to a group buy, $1,800 would be pretty steep for people to get in.

This is what I had to do over the summer when I bought a new Franchi....
Got lucky and found one for under MSRP with no CC fees and free shipping. Ordered it on tax free weekend and it was pretty close to MSRP by the time I paid the transfer.

Ha! Not actually for me. Have a potential customer that wants one. Stupidly thought I could get one through a wholesaler, but obviously not from the answers above. Basically if I pay MSRP for the gun and mark up a small profit then it'll be more that this guy would pay if he just went to Bass Pro or Kittery to buy one. They are selling them for $1899. I'd hate doing that so I may just tell him to go there to buy it.

The best deal I got on a Benelli was at KTP when they had a 15% off two day flash sale on Brownings and Benellis sale this summer. Got a 1800 dollar listed gun for 1500.

You can't get crap off these things on online dealers like you can other guns......

I bought a benelli from bass pro online and had it shipped to my dealer. This was in 2021.
Weren’t really many other options since there aren’t many benelli dealers around here

Back
Top Bottom