• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

The NRA did send an email over the weekend. And again at 8:02 tonight.
And has a dedicated page for this:
https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=1812

Letters and emails are too slow. This should have been for phone calls.

I remember doing a phone bank for GOAL years ago. I'm fairly certain this can all be done with software now, much faster and more thoroughly, albeit a bit more expensive (where the NRA could help out).

Just sent the email thing out to everyone, plus the call list. getting so tired of these adventures.

What kind of compromise could possibly work in this situation? and im totally sick of them in the first place.

Ya, there is 49 other states and a few territories including the state where this happened, who know banning stuff isn’t the solution,

but the grandstandsing d.b’s of MA. Want to grab some cnn headlines tomorrow.

House-Speaker-Robert-A.-DeLeo-ap.jpg

Is it too late to slip a pay raise for themselves into the budget? And maybe lifelong indemnity for legislators from sexual harassment charges? Blanket immunity for Speakers so they don't all end up in jail anymore? There is much they could do in this emergency bill!

Well, todays the day. Everyone got their lube?

If your in a pinch you can probably use froglube or fireclean in a pinch, god knows today might be your last day to use it.

Last edited:
If you were a female would you get on an elevator alone with this guy?

He's gay.

If you're on Twitter please crank it up - use #LinskyLanguage.

Here's a sample tweet from GOAL - you can easily amplify their tweets by retweeting them with a thumbs up emoji or some other means of showing support.

.@jeffrey_sanchez please remove "#Linskylanguage from budget bill - it will result in legal quagmire for MA gun owners. #MALeg #MAPoli

If you start with the state legislators @name, make sure to put a period before the @

Last edited:
Called. Sounds like the calls inbound in favor of this are outnumbering our calls against, at least according to the person answering the office phone.
Doubt it... How many wingnuts would be calling? They think "Meh. My wingnut Reps are from MA and think just as f*cked up as I think, so I'll just sit back, sip my Starbucks Venti Mocha Latte and let Rep. Wingnut do the 'right thing for the children"...
I'm guessing WE outnumber the "THEY " callers, and I'm also guessing the aides/secretaries/phone operators just want us to go away.

Well, todays the day. Everyone got their lube?

If your in a pinch you can probably use froglube or fireclean in a pinch, god knows today might be your last day to use it.
That's great that you're staying positive. Just what everyone in MA needs. Glad to hear from ya. (and glad you weren't in the locker room when it was 28-3 that Sunday evening...)

Unreal.

He's gay.

If you're on Twitter please crank it up - use #LinskyLanguage.

Here's a sample tweet from GOAL - you can easily amplify their tweets by retweeting them with a thumbs up emoji or some other means of showing support.

.@jeffrey_sanchez please remove "#Linskylanguage from budget bill - it will result in legal quagmire for MA gun owners. #MALeg #MAPoli

If you start with the state legislators @name, make sure to put a period before the @
It's 830am...Everyone: What's my best /most productive play right now? Call my Rep again? Call a committee member?...I wanna stay active on this all morning/day....

Tweets done, I re-called sanchez, her phone person is taking a spreadsheet of everyone calling in, I thanked her and stated that I was infact against it, she said she knows and will be giving it to sanchez.

Tweeted at @CharlieBakerMA @KarenSpilka @repstevekulik @VinnydeMacedo @SalDiDomenico @jeffrey_sanchez. Looking for other handles to hit up.

Keep calling Sanchez to express opposition to the Linskey language.
Person taking calls says they are getting a lot of calls on this and assembling a list.

Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990 Chair House Ways & Means Committee

Just called, woman answering the phone said she has had 650 calls since Friday.

Thanks for the metrics. Unfortunately I don't know if that's impressive on our part or a drop in the bucket where no one making the decision today will care.

Back
Top Bottom