• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

I love open transparent government...

FORMAL TALKS UNDERWAY OVER TIME SENSITIVE BUDGET BILL
All the talking will be done behind closed doors.
The conference committee appointed to negotiate a close-out supplemental budget for fiscal 2017 and iron out differences in language to ban the possession of bump stocks for legal firearms met Monday and wasted no time getting into it. Less than 30 seconds after all six committee members were seated in House Ways and Means Chairman Jeffrey Sanchez's office Monday morning, the conference committee moved swiftly into private executive session without its members offering remarks to the assembled press.

http://http://www.statehousenews.co...s&path=cms/brief.aspx&yr=2017&select=20171664

I just called Sanchez' office and told them if we have to choose one of the two versions of the bill the Senate version is "the lesser of two evils." I told the woman on the phone that there should have been a public hearing on this and no "emergency preamble" (I think that's how they rammed this through) on an amendment to a budget bill.

The whole process stinks.

Representative Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990 Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 243
Representative Stephen Kulik, 617-722-2380 Vice Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 238
Representative Todd Smola, 617-722-2100 Ranking Minority House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 124
Senate:

Senator Karen Spilka, 617-722-1640 Chair Senate Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 212
Senator Sal N. DiDomenico, 617-722-1650 Vice Chair Senate Way & Means Committee – State House Room 208
Senator Vinny deMacedo, 617-722-1330 Ranking Minority Senate Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 313C

I'm going to call in at lunch time again. I already called in earlier today and made it quite clear that while I was out of state resident as soon as I crossed the state lines while what is currently lawful, under the proposed language I would be a felon.

Keep calling Sanchez to express opposition to the Linskey language.
Person taking calls says they are getting a lot of calls on this and assembling a list.

Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990 Chair House Ways & Means Committee

The lady that answered asked for my name and town and said she has me down in opposition but she didn't say anything about count for or against.

Same here...Secretary knew exactly why I was calling..."We're getting many many calls opposing the Linsky language"....
Keep calling! Ask your friends, relatives and neighbors.: call Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990 Chair House Ways & Means Committee

Grab folks off the street and have them call!

Called Sanchez's office again and noted I was already counted on Friday, but it was extremely important and wanted to ensure it was noted.

On the phone for 30 seconds, and I was placed on hold mid call since she received 3 more calls regarding the same. I asked and she noted the calls are overwhelming against. Please keep calling.

Called DeLeo's office and go pushed right to voicemail. Left one anyway.

Called. Woman put me on hold for a minute. Phone was ringing in the background while she took my info. I didn't have to say I opposed it. She said, "and I assume you're calling in opposition to the Linsky language?"

Same here...Secretary knew exactly why I was calling..."We're getting many many calls opposing the Linsky language"....
Keep calling! Ask your friends, relatives and neighbors.: call Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990 Chair House Ways & Means Committee

I just got the exact same response - she said I was #772 of people calling since friday who opposed the Linsky Language, and she said it was an "overwhelming response" of people opposed..

Called. Woman put me on hold for a minute. Phone was ringing in the background while she took my info. I didn't have to say I opposed it. She said, "and I assume you're calling in opposition to the Linsky language?"

I just called again as this is my third stop of the day if they are running caller ID. She's starting to sound a little frazzled. Please be polite!

Got 3 of my neighbors to call. Got a co-worker to call. So I'm personally responsible for 10 of the calls today [smile]

If you were a female would you get on an elevator alone with this guy?

You spelled alterboys wrong.

called the #, and gave the office assistant a giggle...

i opened with “ hey hey ho ho the Linsky language got to go!!”

Last edited:
I just got the exact same response - she said I was #772 of people calling since friday who opposed the Linsky Language, and she said it was an "overwhelming response" of people opposed..

well, that dispels earlier info about moonbats calling in in favor, good, let's keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom