• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

I contacted my State Senator. Was told I was on the wrong side of history and I need to accept the will of the people.

Same - almost verbatim. Also included "will support any bill that means less guns in MA".

I tried the "positive" approach - bill is too confusing; support the Tarr bill instead.

Tarr called for the brief recess as soon as the amendment came up. Here is the text:

Relative to rapid fire firearmsMs. Creem, Messrs. Tarr and Moore, Ms. Spilka, Messrs. Rodrigues, Hinds, Timilty and McGee move to amend the bill by inserting the following new sections:-
SECTION X: Section 121 of Chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting after the words “submachine gun” the following:-
“The term machine gun shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.”
SECTION Y. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting the following new definitions:-
“Bump stock” any device for a semiautomatic firearm that increases the rate of fire achievable with such firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.
“Trigger Crank” any device to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm that repeatedly activates the trigger of the firearm through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion, but does not include any firearm initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.

oh christ
amendment 5 by mrs cream. automatic weapons or some sh1t

This is the Tarr bill:

[FONT=&quot]Amendment ID: S2177-5-R1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Redraft Amendment 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Relative to rapid fire firearms[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ms. Creem, Messrs. Tarr and Moore, Ms. Spilka, Messrs. Rodrigues, Hinds and Timilty move to amend the bill by inserting the following new sections:-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SECTION X: Section 121 of Chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting after the words “submachine gun” the following:-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The term machine gun shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SECTION Y. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting the following new definitions:-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Bump stock” any device for a semiautomatic firearm that increases the rate of fire achievable with such firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Trigger Crank” any device to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm that repeatedly activates the trigger of the firearm through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion, but does not include any firearm initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SECTION Z. The executive office of public safety and security shall notify any individual licensed under chapter 140 of changes made under section X and the effective date of those changes. The executive office shall also notify manufacturers of bump stocks and trigger cranks of changes made under section X and the effective date of those changes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SECTION XX. Section X shall take effect 90 days after the passage of this act; but it shall be unlawful to purchase, sell, or offer for sale a bump stock or trigger crank in violation of chapter 140 of the General Laws after the effective date of this act.[/FONT]

Tarr called for the brief recess as soon as the amendment came up. Here is the text:

Relative to rapid fire firearmsMs. Creem, Messrs. Tarr and Moore, Ms. Spilka, Messrs. Rodrigues, Hinds, Timilty and McGee move to amend the bill by inserting the following new sections:-
SECTION X: Section 121 of Chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting after the words “submachine gun” the following:-
“The term machine gun shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.”
SECTION Y. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting the following new definitions:-
“Bump stock” any device for a semiautomatic firearm that increases the rate of fire achievable with such firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.
“Trigger Crank” any device to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm that repeatedly activates the trigger of the firearm through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion, but does not include any firearm initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.

So you have to have a green card to use a bump fire stock or crank?

can't wait to see one of you guys actually thinking about this and say hmm...i wonder what would happen if i jammed my wife's dildo in the triggerguard of my rifle...probably have to call that the autocock

[rofl]Once again, someone in this forum made me spit out my coffee... LMAO!!

so Gatlin guns are ok?

Taking my chance at a basic transcription:

Creem: "You've got to understand the urgency, Newtown, Orlando, Las Vegas, etc...we have no idea what a bump stock is but it makes this FULL AUTO. Lives might have been saved if it wasn't available so we gotta ban it. Gun owners totally support this and that's totally awesome because we love gun control. This defines trigger cranks and bump stocks and treats them like MA treats machine guns. Up to life in prison if you possess. They will be illegal as soon as this is passed, but you have 90 days to dispose of them. I wish we could pass way more dumb gun control bills that I have filed, but I am dumber than a stick."

So the compromise was to use Tarr's language and give Creem the credit for the bill? Pretty much politics in nutshell...common good doesn't matter...only your image and reputation to your constituents. Now, Creem can take credit for this "life saving" bill and look good to her mouth breather voter base.

Back
Top Bottom