• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

So the House and Senate 'made a mistake' with the budget, the thing they pass every year, with people who have been on Beacon Hill since Faker told his first lie?

Don't believe it for a second - I don't know if Linsky alone has enough juice to make this happen, but enough anti's may have seen the opportunity.

House bill passes, gets rushed to the governor at 23:59 on the 31st, we get porked again, and our overlords get to celebrate a compromise bill that prevents shutting down the government.

I'm worried about this as well, especially since they seem to be stalling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by iofneedle The is the first step in banning all semi-automatic firearms. This has nothing to do with bump stocks in the long run. The Secretary of Public Safety could easier use this to ban every semi I own.

Disobedience? That's a laugh. I'd bet on 99% compliance with anything that they shove down gun owner's throats.

MA. gun owners are scared shitless to possess a magazine that doesn't meet their "massa's" approval.

Massachusetts aka Massa chooses it, as in everything gun related and whether you can exercise your rights.

No way. More than half probably won't even hear about the new laws. Compliance rates are low in NY and CT. mAss would be no different.

http://blog.goal.org/bump-stock-ban-update/

They made an oops! It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Holy hell, what a bunch of ****ing morons. I'd laugh except for the fact that these windowlickers are actually running the state.

I think I called this yesterday, or the day before.

House bill passes, gets rushed to the governor at 23:59 on the 31st, we get porked again, and our overlords get to celebrate a compromise bill that prevents shutting down the government.

I'm worried about this as well, especially since they seem to be stalling

Also my fear, but I think if the house votes on it, the next step is to go to the Senate (again), THEN the governor. Time to call your state reps? Maybe we can't stop it, but we should certainly make more than 3 vote against it.

Something to think about.....from the military arms channel........

Here is an update as to the status of the ATF possibly considering regulating "bump stocks" under current U.S. law. Remember, the NRA insisted that the Trump administration force the ATF to regulate bump stocks.
Here's the problem, we do NOT want the ATF regulating "rates of fire" and other accessories they've long held aren't machine guns. If by Presidential decree the ATF is forced to take an even more invasive interpretation of existing law and allow them to regulate things like "rate of fire", we're in SERIOUS trouble. This was a major miscalculation on the NRA's part which could be far worse than having a bill introduced that we can mobilize and fight.
If the ATF decides to extend their interpretation of existing law there's no one to petition, there's no Congressman or Senator we can call to threaten with voting them out. The ATF would do what they damn well please as they have with 7N6, 41F and other things they have no business regulating.
Since the NRA foolishly proposed the idea of throwing this over the wall to the ATF, we must now contact the President of the United States and insist he does not direct the ATF to regulate "bump stocks" without Congressional approval. We can fight Congress, however we can't fight the ATF. They simply don't care what we think as they've demonstrated time and time again.
Here's how to contact the President: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
IMPORTANT: Be polite, short, concise and to the point. Let him know that the ATF should not be allowed to reinterpret or expand the existing reach of federal law. Ask him to not sign any new anti-gun laws that may make it to his desk for his signature. This is critical to do right now.
Here's an important update from Gun Owners of America who have always been an unwavering advocate for our gun rights. I am working with them to bring important political information to you guys and to raise the alarm, if necessary, to ask for your help to stop pending threats to our liberty.
http://www.gunowners.org/alert10202017.htm

This incident should remind everyone why the NRA sucks and we need more groups that actually support 2A.

The NRA should be out there screaming that MGs shouldn't even be illegal.

So, we are waiting for a last minute ram-job on or around the 31st?

Been in contact with my State Rep and State Senator but haven't received any feedback on where we are in the process.

Last edited:
You guys realize that this could all be nothing more than a high stakes game of media chicken right?

Everyone is so quick to assume that the NRA is a bunch of douche nozzles, nobody stops to think that they may have half a brain?

Keeping new laws off the books is the ultimate goal. Anything the ATF does can be changed overnight. If the NRA supports an ATF change to cutoff legislation and then neither come to fruition, who was the *******?

This incident should remind everyone why the NRA sucks and we need more groups that actually support 2A.

The NRA should be out there screaming that MGs shouldn't even be illegal.

there are groups that believe that, no compromises, **** ATF, like that Greek guy from Ares something. If people like him are supported more, he could rise to prominence, but he is not. It also comes down to marketing, crafting message to appeal to wide variety of shooters etc.

This from GOAL:

Update On Bump Stock Legislation
No Action On Bump Stock - Budget Bills
October 20, 2017

The budget bill debate currently at the State House, which includes the bump stock amendment(s) has come to a screeching halt due to a procedural error by the legislature. The error was created when the two legislative bodies neglected to vote on the same bill. Technically the senate was supposed to accept the house budget bill and then amend and vote. Instead they used, amended, and voted on their own bill, and this has caused the budget to come to a standstill as both sides are unsure at to how to proceed.

GOAL Exec. Director Jim Wallace has been at the State House every day awaiting word as to when the legislation will be back in play.

According to the information we have, the budget has to be signed by Governor Baker by midnight on October 31, 2017 so we expect something to happen soon.

Do they gain anything by doing this on purpose? Voting on bills is pretty much all they do. Find it hard to believe not a single one of them realized there was a problem.

Inb4 "cuz theyre idiots". Theyre not. They do shit which benefits them to the detriment of everyone else.

You guys realize that this could all be nothing more than a high stakes game of media chicken right?

Everyone is so quick to assume that the NRA is a bunch of douche nozzles, nobody stops to think that they may have half a brain?

Keeping new laws off the books is the ultimate goal. Anything the ATF does can be changed overnight. If the NRA supports an ATF change to cutoff legislation and then neither come to fruition, who was the *******?

Can you explain how "anything the ATF does can be changed overnight..." is good for us if the repubs have house, senate, and WH? When will it be overturned? I think I'm missing something here

Can you explain how "anything the ATF does can be changed overnight..." is good for us if the repubs have house, senate, and WH? When will it be overturned? I think I'm missing something here

The point is that ATF letters can and do change at the whim of whatever moron is in charge. Legislation is much more difficult to reverse.

Who gives a flying **** if the Rtards have the house, senate, and oval office? They couldn’t pass a Prius in an F50 right now let alone roll back gun control.

Linsky's language is back in play. Please see alert from GOAL:

GOAL Alert

10/26/17

GOAL has learned that the MA House of Representatives engrossed a new budget bill during informal session today, which includes the Linsky amendment regarding modification of firearms. The language is in two parts.

The first section (Section 18), copied below, would make any basic modification and or maintenance of a firearm illegal, including required maintenance like lubrication of moving parts.

Section 131R. Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm or whoever modifies any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than 3 nor more than 20 years.

The second section (Section 51) is equally egregious in that it gives EOPPS regulatory authority over all maintenance and enhancement of rifles, shotguns, and firearms. Can you imagine what AG Healey would do should EOPPS be granted this kind of authority? See language pasted below.

The Secretary of Public Safety shall promulgate regulations by January 1, 2018 concerning the allowability of maintenance and enhancement of rifles, shotguns and firearms consistent with the intent of this section.

We are being told that Governor Baker will sign this into law, by Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Please take action immediately

Take Action

Please call your state representative and senator immediately! Let them know that this amendment must be stripped from the budget bill. This language is so broad and open to interpretation and abuse that it will cause a legal quagmire for licensed gun owners in Massachusetts.

You can call the State House operator at 617-722-2000 and ask for your state representative and/or senator, or you can look up their direct phone number by clicking here.

Seeing as how Linsky in in the Metro West area, I hope I bump into his around town...

Face to face, one on one I will look him straight in the eyes and tell him he is a "Total Bag of Sh!t"

Last year's emails from Kate Campanale

I fully support the second amendment and the rights of all law abiding Americans to carry and own fire arms.
Report this message sent from Kate Campanale Delete this message sent from Kate Campanale
3 Nov 2016
Kate Campanale
I've signed onto the letter calling for the attorney general to reverse her decision and I've been supported by G.O.A.L.
Report this message sent from Kate Campanale Delete this message sent from Kate Campanale
3 Nov 2016
Kate Campanale
Please feel free to contract my office if you have anymore specific questions: 617-722-2488, speak to Laurel Bolden or my email: [email protected]

The point is that ATF letters can and do change at the whim of whatever moron is in charge. Legislation is much more difficult to reverse.

Who gives a flying **** if the Rtards have the house, senate, and oval office? They couldn’t pass a Prius in an F50 right now let alone roll back gun control.

It is not that they can't, they don't want to. Trump as president is revealing that many of the R are all talk and actually want what the D want. Given the R majorities, if they actually believe what they have said we would be seeing way more action. Ryan was just waiting for a chance to kill the gun bills, that's why he put them on ice instead of moving to pass them.

It is not that they can't, they don't want to. Trump as president is revealing that many of the R are all talk and actually want what the D want. Given the R majorities, if they actually believe what they have said we would be seeing way more action. Ryan was just waiting for a chance to kill the gun bills, that's why he put them on ice instead of moving to pass them.

This could very well be true. If nothing else, Trump certainly calls their bluff and makes people show their colors.

Back
Top Bottom