• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lewis Machine ARs

Does anyone have one? Is it worth the extra funds in your opinion? I've been eyeballing one for a few months. Thanks.

There high end. The $ is a personal thing no one can tell you is its worth it for you. If I had the cash to burn id buy one in a heart beat. Then again my mix master home build shoots better then me still. So in my book it be a waste of cash at this point.

Nice stuff, but I think you would be well served by a Windham, or a YHM built upper on YHM lower, plus a quality optic or sights.

LMT makes very nice stuff. Worth the money if you have it for a main battle rifle. If you already own a nice AR like a BCM, personally I'd build up a few low end spare rifles instead.

LMT makes very nice stuff. Worth the money if you have it for a main battle rifle. If you already own a nice AR like a BCM, personally I'd build up a few low end spare rifles instead.

But then we get tons of post asking why their build crap doesn't run....

que the "But my shitbox runs for the 50 rounds I shoot a year" butthurt

There are lots of people who shouldn't build rifles. But, those people should be buying complete lowers from someone like RRA and slapping on a PSA upper and be into an AR for $600.

My post was directed at people who already own nice stuff and hopefully understand how an AR actually works. [laugh][hmmm]

I have probably 4000 rounds through my LMT upper, I feed it mostly steel crap, rarely clean it, and it has never had a malfunction, not one. I even went through 430 rounds of that plastic cased training ammo that no one's gun will run right, without a hiccup. So I'm a fan.

Shit, my spares are supposed to be low end? [laugh] I think the only thing low end about them is the standard furniture, basic slings, and TRS25's.

Nice stuff, but I think you would be well served by a Windham, or a YHM built upper on YHM lower, plus a quality optic or sights.

+1. I can't say enough good things about the WW AR's, and they aren't too pricy.

From everything I've heard, the LMT's are great.

I handled a LMT once and was in love. The feel alone is that if something well crafted. On that note, I asked myself. Would I rather have two Windhams? But I like the idea if backups. If money was no object, I would own a LMT, or two.

I tore one down for a project at work and there was all sorts of grit and shit under the barrel nut and on the barrel. I wouldn't peg them any higher or lower then most others.

I like mine. Bought it pre-owned and could never thank the man enough for the deal we made. It's far beyond what I deserve.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

LMT is great.

They're really not that expensive either. The base model LMT carbine setup is about $1000. They are however hard to find in stock at times.

The price quickly escalates as you add options though: adjustable rear sight ($130), SOPMOD stock (+$300), proprietary float rail (+$???), piston driven, or even 308. I have the SOPMOD stock and it is great--no rattle, nice cheek weld. I've been debating getting their rear sight.

Last edited:
Does anyone have one? Is it worth the extra funds in your opinion? I've been eyeballing one for a few months. Thanks.

LMT is like Boeing.

If I call LMT and place an order, they will make a fine rifle at a fine price that will make the owner very happy.

....and just like a 737, if ordered today it will take three and a half years until the customer takes delivery.

LMT is like Boeing.

If I call LMT and place an order, they will make a fine rifle at a fine price that will make the owner very happy.

....and just like a 737, if ordered today it will take three and a half years until the customer takes delivery.

lol

no one buys them because they're in too much demand

nyuk, nyuk

i rock a LMT 10.5" upper on an AR pistol while i wait for a tax stamp. got to finally fire it the other day and i love it. quality is top notch, fit is fantastic--if you can afford it: do it.

I'm happy with my LMT but think the trigger could have been better. I'll fix that soon enough.
We are DINKs so there is a fair amount of money to spend on toys.

I have an LMT and its a sweet ride, eats any ammo i put in it and even tried shooting highpower with it for a couple matches while i waited for find a NM setup. for a 16" and standard battle sights, it shot really well. The upper to lower fit is incredible. I don't think there is a rattle from anything on that rifle.
My largest problem is the barrel swap is so freaking easy, i want a 10" barrel for it, but i don't want to alter the lower to apply for a tax stamp. (mental issue there i have to get over). The trigger is on the heavy side, but that is appropriate for a CQB platform.

However at 1800 now a days, is it worth the price? There are others out there for less that can do the same, you just wont have the MRP barrel setup.

One thing to note - if its a mass compliant one (didn't look to see if you were in MA), the SOPMOD stock is not just pinned. Its a different buffer tube that does not have the adjustment holes in it. So if you move out of state you have to do more than just back out a screw or pin.

Hey if you can afford a safe full of LMTs do it! I have three kids so I have to skimp on the spares.

No LMTs here, but sure would like some. I just meant I run known quality BCGs, barrels, etc rather than no-name bargain bin stuff.

Back on topic, I know somebody with an LMT who has no-joke at least 30k rounds through it, and it's still got combat effective accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom