Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

3. SK Standard Plus 1073fps this has been shooting very well in this rifle and it's near the bottom of SKs pile of 22lr offerings.

You don't see 100 yard groups via iron sights much better than this, regardless of caliber let alone the lowly 22LR.

Sighting in a 25yard, 2011 40cal. That was quick and easy

A-L.jpg

STI 2011? I thought they were supposed to be more accurate than that? Either that or your Weaver stance needs work, but keep the faith and with lots of practice, some good gunsmithing, and careful load development I'm sure those shots can improve. (LOL)

STI 2011? I thought they were supposed to be more accurate than that? Either that or your Weaver stance needs work, but keep the faith and with lots of practice, some good gunsmithing, and careful load development I'm sure those shots can improve. (LOL)

STI custom build. The funny thing is, it wasn't even my ammo. My buddy had to bring me some since I was out

Last edited:
You don't see 100 yard groups via iron sights much better than this, regardless of caliber let alone the lowly 22LR.

ahhh the other guys ammo BS [smile] good luck now finding anything that comes remotely as good!

image.jpg

image.jpg

So the new to me R1 shoots a nice tight group at 15 yards. The loose nut pulling the trigger could use some tightening for 25 yard rapid fire.

Edit- stupid iPhone...

Not the most impressive group shot at 15', but it came from an Uberti 1860 Army, my own cast 44 round balls, 6 loads of pyrodex.
784d330e0b19ab3f26a66ec6361101e7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My third time out to the range. Put 20 rounds with my M&P 9m mostly straight through that large hole with a few jerks of the trigger from 15 yards.
BayKn

Last edited:
Before I started reloading I found PPU match to pretty darn good and it was generally 35cents cheaper than any other factory match.
Federal GMM also did very well.

I had good luck with PPU Match in 308 and this 75gr .223, they are very consistent on velocity with i think is a major factor.
But I shot the 69gr PPU Match on the same day thought he same gun and couldn't get it under a 2 MOA group with most being closer to 4 MOA. Sometimes you just find find the ammo that the gun likes.
I reload too, but the cost+time of reloads compared to this PPU is hard to beat.

CZ455 Varmint in 17 HMR.

This gun was nothing special out of the box. I retorqued the barrel and action to factory spec (with loc-tite) and it's been a tack driver ever since. It definitely likes the CCI 17gr ammo over all other loads that i've tried.

This was the only group i fired, first time the gun has been out of the safe in over a year, and the reticle completely obscures the target. I'd guess with a change of glass this group would drop from the .6s into the .4s, but this is a hunting setup not a target setup.

17 HMR.PNG

Last edited:
My first Glock, a 19 in FDE. Put a set of Dawson adjustable sights on it and went to zero a couple of weeks ago.
First 5 shots out of the gun at 5 yards
2d4af4587638f7efd9b7a3077620a82a.jpg

Then adjusted the rear to get this
e58ddf9c36026d338b83288549deee82.jpg

I didn't get a pic, but ran that pistol (that I had put a total of 300 through) in a class over the weekend, and was able to bang an ipsc a/b steel target at 50 yards with the first shot of the day, just stood up there in front of god and everybody and nailed it. Pretty happy with it.
Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sighted the new Ruger Precision rifle this morning. This rifle is like cheating if I do my part. Best group of 5 shots at 100

bc9313596132f7383030ad83630fc7e9.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Shooting at thumbtacks at 50 yards using my Ruger 10/22 bull barrel with Leupold VXII 3x9x40 scope and Federal Bulk ammo. Every shot the cross-hairs were on the tack.

IMG_2951.jpg IMG_2952.jpg IMG_2953.jpg

A 600 yard, 6" target from the precision rifle class I took this past weekend with my Ruger RPR in .308. The shot all by itself is the cold bore coming back from lunch. Then a 5 shot group(there's one just to the right, out of frame). Since I saw that the target was unscathed through the spotting scope, I got back down behind the gun and did some swearing, some muttering, and threw the bolt like a mad man. The result is the group a the top of the target. This was using drops calculated from chrono data the day before, and the 1/2 moa discrepancy was consistant down to200 yards, so drops were adjusted. I'm going to do a full write up on the class sometime this week, and will have some more pics(good and not so good).
14925697_1260587570630504_3928540849888082030_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom