Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

16rds7yds.jpg
[/IMG]

Para Carry 9 - 7 yards - 16 rounds

Various - all old, recycled and re-posted.

i messed up with my old photobucket [rolleyes]

been trying to consolidate user names and ID's

pics are spread between the laptop, camera card and desk top, so i'll never get the quite right

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

This is a re-post also but still by far my favorite [smile]
10/22 at 25 yards

Mouse.jpg

A close 2nd

Sailboat.jpg

Last edited:
sippican was very quiet this evening.............

75 gr. BTHP .223 100 yard range

6.5 Grendel
27.5 gr. H335
123 gr. SMK
cci#450
AA Brass
COL 2.250

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ryan81986
WASR-10 @ 50 yards, nothing special (especially since it was my first time shooting it) But any advice would be helpful.

Practice comes to mind and perhaps slow down when you empty that 30 rounder.[grin]

I've shot a few 1911s before, but just at NES shoots. My grandfather wanted to try out his new S&W 1911 and offered to take me.

Here's the target:
img0170x.jpg

The round on the right (circled) was his. There's ten rounds on the left - my shots. Target was at 50 ft. Its actually an NRA 50ft. smallbore target - all we had on us.

And the gun:
img0169v.jpg

ETA: Underwhere, it was nice meeting you. Hanwei, I was the guy who opened the door as you stumbled on in. You looked like you had your hands full so I didn't want to bug you.

Last edited:
WASR-10 @ 50 yards, nothing special (especially since it was my first time shooting it) But any advice would be helpful.

Ryan81986 ~ That’s pretty good shooting for the first time out. As for advice, you might want to check if you’re squeezing your other fingers when you pull the trigger, shots sometimes go left and high when you do that. Try a grip on the gun about the same as you’d use on a hammer handle and just use the trigger finger to “squeeze” the shots off, don’t tighten your other fingers as you squeeze. Most important, practice, practice, practice.​

50 rounds fired at a 0fficial 100 yard Military type target with my Remington R-15 with nikon 4.5-14 Coyote Special scope using Remington 55 grain FMJ ammo.
target2.jpg

Well I picked up a Mauser in .243 today. I have been looking for a bolt rifle and this one was a good deal so I could not let it pass. I took it to the range today with some 100 grain Remington core lokt at 100 yds. Took me a few rounds to settle down. Feed back on what I might be doing wrong is welcome. What kind of accuracy can I expect with this ammo and rifle? Keep in mind I have never shot a rifle until today.
36376061.jpg

87461534.jpg

Fun with hydraulics...

A quick home-brew hollow point (cause I didn't have any around):
ingredients:
- one FMJ 55GR bullet
- one dremmel/grind off the tip down to the lead...
- one quick hit of a 1/16" drill to make a hydraulic tip...

Viola! Carnage!
chopped_bullet.jpg

chopped_bullet_tip.jpg

Now the targets - carbonated water + tap water, completely filled, shaken (not stirred)...

First is a FMJ hit... pretty clean through and through... Nice, but unimpressive spray:
FMJ_bottle.jpg

Now the fun ones... hollow/drilled tip - same carbonated water + tap water completely filled, shaken...
drilled_tip_bottle.jpg

The one on the right blasted 12 or more feet away from where it was sitting from the force of the water exiting the back... The entry hole is in the crumpled part, the back is where the force/water exited...

The one on the left blew off the cap...

Good times...

A quick home-brew hollow point (cause I didn't have any around):
ingredients:
- one FMJ 55GR bullet
- one dremmel/grind off the tip down to the lead...
- one quick hit of a 1/16" drill to make a hydraulic tip...

Viola! Carnage!
chopped_bullet.jpg

chopped_bullet_tip.jpg

Now the targets - carbonated water + tap water, completely filled, shaken (not stirred)...

First is a FMJ hit... pretty clean through and through... Nice, but unimpressive spray:
FMJ_bottle.jpg

Now the fun ones... hollow/drilled tip - same carbonated water + tap water completely filled, shaken...
drilled_tip_bottle.jpg

The one on the right blasted 12 or more feet away from where it was sitting from the force of the water exiting the back... The entry hole is in the crumpled part, the back is where the force/water exited...

The one on the left blew off the cap...

Good times...

That was awesome, Senor El Kaboom in the house! [smile]

Yankee Hill 20 inch "Diamond" upper (carbon steel barrel)
75 grain Hornady BTHP on top of 20.8gr Varget in a Prvi 5.56 case and WSR primer.

Shot from a bench using a bipod, 100 yards.

Just tested this combo out today. 5 shot groups. Shot the upper one first, then spent 30 minutes getting frustrated with WWB .22 and my other rifle, then shot the second group. Definitely wasn't as clear-headed with the second group, I'm not happy with it at all.

.85"

tar1.jpg

1.7" (upper right was a horrific operator error flier - 1.2" without that one)

tar2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom