Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

I'm sure this hardly counts as a target, but here you go:

489983718_JH4MR-XL.jpg

489983831_LyCPT-X2.jpg

Shot this at about 60-70 yards with my friend's R700 and Bushmaster.

I won't even dare humor you with my pistol targets yet. [wink] I'm getting there, though.

DSCN2982-1.jpg

After nauseating myself with some really poor shooting accuracy the week before with my 22 pistol. I decided to bring a 38 revolver and a 9mm pistol to shoot at the range this day. I’ve always shot 22 pistol for years in National Gallery Courses and not nearly as much with my other guns. I hadn’t been to the range for a month and a half when I went with the 22, so perhaps I shouldn’t expect too much.

Even though the front sight is not as clear as it once was many moons ago, it was sharp enough to keep them aligned for one hand hold doing slow fire. I’ll have to adjust the sights to the right a click or two and perhaps down one click to bring it dead-on.

I’m showing one of the targets shot with the S&W model 586 (a nice purchase from Executive) at 25 yards, I did fairly decent with it (for me anyway)! As for the 9mm pistol . . . that’s quite another story, those targets get burnt! It just takes quite a number of shots before I can get any accuracy from it at all. I just can’t get used to the trigger on it.​

Here's another one for you guys. This is what happens when a smart switch goes dumb and brings the website down, confining me to the datacenter for 8 hours:

489983177_DNenB-X2.jpg

Re: the stuffed animals, me and my friend went shooting with his brand new S&W .460 a couple weekends ago, and he made a hangman-style target that we hung some more stuffed animals from. Talk about a satisfying explosion of stuffing! We were kicking ourselves that we didn't have a camera. We're gonna do it again soon though, and he's got some Casio that does awesome video (some number of thousands frame-per-second jammy), so I should have some awesome slow-mo doll explosions soon.

Finally got a chance to get comfortable with my latest purchase, an Heckler & Koch P2000sk in .357SIG. Here's my best group of nine rounds at 33 feet on Sunday.

dsc19551.jpg

Funny enough, I was shooting worse than that until my friend showed up and challenged me to a shoot off against him with his Glock 27. I think he was starting to get annoyed with my condescending remarks against his caliber of choice. I guess I performed well under pressure.

Here's another one for you guys. This is what happens when a smart switch goes dumb and brings the website down, confining me to the datacenter for 8 hours:

489983177_DNenB-X2.jpg

Re: the stuffed animals, me and my friend went shooting with his brand new S&W .460 a couple weekends ago, and he made a hangman-style target that we hung some more stuffed animals from. Talk about a satisfying explosion of stuffing! We were kicking ourselves that we didn't have a camera. We're gonna do it again soon though, and he's got some Casio that does awesome video (some number of thousands frame-per-second jammy), so I should have some awesome slow-mo doll explosions soon.

You need to target individual chips, it's more fun.

(Oh yeah, I've also determined that silicon boards are resistant (but not 100%) to high velocity 22lr fire.

These are the wifes targets from Sunday both at 25 feet

Rented S&W .22 not sure what model

rentarg1-1.jpg

Then she tried my Sig P229 .40

rentarg2-1.jpg

It was fun. She had not been shooting in nearly 20 years. She is getting a safety course for Christmas

Here is this mornings best of 30 rounds

RRA 20" Predator Persuit Rifle
100yrds
Varget 24.7gr
Sierra 69gr HPBT
Lapua Brass
5 rounds

Attachments

• PICT0130.jpg
    PICT0130.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
quickie from yesterday: sighting in the new .22lr dedicated upper.

(i dont have enough elevation adjustment to make it shoot POA @ 50ft with a sub-6 hold on the smallbore slowfire rifle targets, but the groupings work for me [grin])

DSC_2504.jpg

(bottom left is where i finally got the windage over where i wanted it)

5shot groups, with CCI Standard Velocity. nothing special. shot sitting/unslung w/ my new shooting coat on.

nothing special... good ol' red dot, Irons and Mueller APV [grin][smile]

XD - 9

Me @ 7 yds

DSCN0716.jpg

Mrs CD @ 7 yds

DSCN0717.jpg

AR 15 w / Aimpoint @ 50 yds

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0723.jpg

10/22 @ 50 yrds

DSCN0720.jpg

Aimpoint @ 25 yds

DSCN0721.jpg

DSCN0722.jpg

Mrs CD @ 25 yds
DSCN0722.jpg

I shot today, and shot NO discernable groups, as my wife and I were shooting at a paper mache' pinata at HSC. I know we hit it a whole bunch, and then one of the class three guys lit it up with an M16.

Then a big dog ate it.

My kind of shooting.

Back
Top Bottom