Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

[rofl]

worthless unless they have holes in them though [wink][smile][grin]

[rofl][laugh2][laugh]

Damn, nice shooting.. I almost went today but it started raining here, so I skipped out. You go to Harvard, right? I'll be there this weekend sometime.

Just wondering. Maybe one day we'll run into each other. I know a lot of NESers go to HSC but every time I've gone since I became a member its been pretty quiet.

Last edited:
Shot today with my box stock SP1, iron sights, Wally World bulk 55 gr .223 ammo which is surprisingly good.

200 yards. The spray at the bottom is from when I went "Rambo" and started rapid firing. (couldn't help myself) [smile]
targets001.jpg

300 yards. Only 3 shots, the other 2 are just out of frame to the top. I could barely see the target above the sight post.
targets002.jpg

IMG_4941-1-1.jpg

Mine at 100 yards with some guys custom Remington 700. He saw me looking and asked if I would like to shoot it.[shocked]

ps thats 5 shots bench rest

Last edited:
He told me it started out as a simple enough 700. He took it to a gentleman in PA that has built like 6 of the top 10 or something bench rest rifles in the nation. Not sure if he was pulling my leg on that one or not. But the only thing that was stock was the receiver housing. New barrel, stock, $400 scope 20 power, single shot bolt action. The rounds started out as Lapua 308 I think. They are necked down to 6mm. The best part is the trigger, 2oz. I have shot 2 lb before but never thought they could go down to 2oz. I just had to touch the trigger and it went off. Lets just say it made my day.

Well I went to the range today so I figured I'de post a few targets. We brought a new guy, so I didn't shoot all that much but here are a couple of the better ones

Freehand 1911 .45 at 50ft:
191145.jpg

1911.jpg

451911.jpg

Freehand MK3 at 50ft:
rugerMK3.jpg

SW500
sw500.jpg

and just for some comic relief...
comicrelief.jpg

Last edited:
Took my NIB S&W 500 to the range for the first time today. 25 yards, shooting offhand, with cheap factory (HSM) 350gr ammo. This target is my first 11 shots. Just loaded 1 the first time, then 2 sets of 5.

First 4 shots were all over the place due to me anticipating recoil/blast. I settled down a bit and was happy with my last group of 5 (circled). The gun is obviously better than the shooter, but I plan to keep working at it. I absolutely LOVE this gun.

scan0002-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom