Legislative Alert - Sound Suppressor Bill Hearing July 14

There are actually two proposed.

H.763 and H.769 by John Cutler and Paul Frost respectively. The text appears to be the same.

Can anyone shine some light onto why this would happen. I'm sure there is a procedural reason for doing this. Note, these are not house and senate versions. They both come from the House.

Don

Update 13 months later. I just saw these two suppressor bills were "accompanied to study order H4874" on Aug 9. Does that basically mean "ignored" for this legislative session?

Bill H.763
Bill H.789

There are actually two proposed.

H.763 and H.769 by John Cutler and Paul Frost respectively. The text appears to be the same.

Can anyone shine some light onto why this would happen. I'm sure there is a procedural reason for doing this. Note, these are not house and senate versions. They both come from the House.

Don

GOAL says: "Rep Cutler’s bill is identical to the others with one small exception. He added 'or household member' to line 7 to expand crime of violence definition."
An Act Relative to Suppressors - GOAL.ORG

This session ended months ago. Given the general tenor of gun control, don’t hold your breath for any pro-gun legislation to make an appearance next session either. Best we can hope for is to mostly get ignored.

Bills get sent to study to die a quiet death.

We need to pick one, ONE, Gun Rights issue and get behind it entirely and completely. Pull out all the stops. Camp out on Boston Common, whatever it takes until Victory!
Then repeat with a new cause with 100% focus.

We need to pick one, ONE, Gun Rights issue and get behind it entirely and completely. Pull out all the stops. Camp out on Boston Common, whatever it takes until Victory!

Or just start stacking the cordwood.

Yeah that worked super well when we got everyone to show up the week after 7/20/16 and Healey withdrew her edict and the Legislature repealed the AWB...
Oh wait.

Back
Top Bottom