• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lawful Online Firearms Trade on WBZ Channel 4 News at 11pm on March 19th

Linsky does come off as a bit crazed.

I really like the "logic" behind this one...

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

It's hard to be positive about this but I guess for MA TV it's good? Linsky is a dolt, never heard of him until tonight but my god people elected this slug?

It could have been much worse, but WBZ used Linsky's framing (ie, that guns are being sold without background checks) for the story's setup, without criticism. When you have two totally different versions of reality, that should be your lead: "Gun control advocates say that guns are being sold online without background checks -- but licensed gun owners say they have already passed multiple background checks and have the photo ID's to prove it."

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm quoting what the lead should have been.

I wish someone would have brought up FFLs' involvement in the process, as well as FA10s. I wish I could just go online and order a gun :(

I do think a slightly better response from Jim would have been "Buying a gun online in Massachusetts is illegal unless the seller verifies the license for which the buyer had to get a background check to receive. We oppose this legislation as it is already illegal to sell a gun without the aforementioned background check in MA, but this will place a financial cost and additional inconvienience on gun owners without making anyone safer."

As normal, Jim did well, but I figured I'd nit pick.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Linsky is getting what he wants: attention. No matter what -- whether everything he wants passes or none of it -- he'll be back in short order to claim we need more gun control. That will get him on TV, his voters (most being just like him) will like what they see, he will get campaign money, and he will get re-elected. Nobody on the anti-gun side cares about the law as it exists. All they want is more gun control. They want it because they are afraid and they have no intention of ever owning a gun.

Mr. Linsky is trying to make a name for himself. He is completely misinformed and on a power rush. I really hope the house debates this with reason. There is no foundation to Mr. Linsky's reasoning. He cannot be farther from reality. There no worse blind than the one that does not want to see.

Right now, Linsky is the only one the other Reps are hearing. Now is the time to call and educate your Rep about the process. Most Reps think like we do, that Linsky is a dolt. He jumps on every hot button topic, ie, the DCF crisis. But if Linsky is the only one talking, then those that vote on the laws only hear one side.

Video link: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/19/battle-over-internet-gun-sales-heats-up-on-beacon-hill/

I thought the piece was fairly done.

Mr. Linsky is trying to make a name for himself. He is completely misinformed and on a power rush. I really hope the house debates this with reason. There is no foundation to Mr. Linsky's reasoning. He cannot be farther from reality. There no worse blind than the one that does not want to see.

I was at a panel back in October where he said "I don't expect my legislation to pass, but I simply want to have the discussion."

Nice job Ted!

Linsky is a dolt...

Interviewer: So how many guns are transferred without a background check?
Linsky: We don't know, that's the problem!
Double douche.

Good, he admitted it "we don't know". Strong evidence of paranoia. He's unfit for office.... "don't understand something? make it illegal" That's a great way to control the masses. Lets outlaw all technology for private citizens unless it's registered and a background check is done all the way down to the most high tech of dildos. Ordinary people can't be trusted with dildos... how do we know they will put it in the right hole? We don't ! So lets ban them !!!

It's all yellow journalism nowadays. It gets a bit annoying watching this crap they pass for news on tv. Do your job and actually do research on the story! You can't buy a gun from an online dealer, whose is from another state, without having it shipped to an FFL to do the transaction, and you can't buy fact-to-face without both parties having the proper licenses. These media outlets feed into this BS without researching the facts and reporting them.

Last edited:

Oh trust me, he knows better. Don't let these people fool you into thinking that they don't. Their goal has nothing to do with "reducing gun violence" because they know that solving that problem has nothing to do with guns or citizens owning guns as a concept; it has everything to do with a long term plan to try to shut down citizen gun ownership- either through passing byzantine laws or getting shooting ranges shut down, or even generically, demonizing firearms and those who own them at every opportunity. In recent years the gun control movement has shifted towards the latter two things more than anything else, as linsky's little spiel has so many tells on it that play
this out. He knows his stupid bills won't ever pass, so he's trying to take the "antis consolation prize" of trashing gun ownership among the public.

-Mike

Well done. Every time Linksy appears in public he looks and sounds like a douche. How does anyone take this guy seriously? Says a lot about the voters in Natick.

Maybe an FFL needs to be required to open a car trunk?
Or just weld shut all existing trunks?

Linsky looks like he grew up playing with dolls and still works on coloring books at his office.

I watched this and thought

A: Nice job!

B: What a moron Linsky is.

Huge black market?

Illegal online/car trunk sales? What planet is he living on anyway?

Oh trust me, he knows better. Don't let these people fool you into thinking that they don't. Their goal has nothing to do with "reducing gun violence" because they know that solving that problem has nothing to do with guns or citizens owning guns as a concept; it has everything to do with a long term plan to try to shut down citizen gun ownership- either through passing byzantine laws or getting shooting ranges shut down, or even generically, demonizing firearms and those who own them at every opportunity. In recent years the gun control movement has shifted towards the latter two things more than anything else, as linsky's little spiel has so many tells on it that play
this out. He knows his stupid bills won't ever pass, so he's trying to take the "antis consolation prize" of trashing gun ownership among the public.

-Mike

I think the real issue isn't even their personal hatred for guns, it's that these douchebags pander to their constiutents using sound bites vs. having any desire to improve or even affect anything. The only thing that matters to them is getting reelected, because they're all egomaniacal asshats. They could care less about doing good. Every politician is guilty of this on both sides, it's time to throw them all out & reset all the positions. Ed Markey is a driveling, cauldron of raw sewage, as is that walking diaper stain Linsky.

Back
Top Bottom