• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lawful Online Firearms Trade on WBZ Channel 4 News at 11pm on March 19th

So another law is going to make those who do "out of the trunk" deals, already illegal, are suddenly going to say, oops, we can't break the law.

That is intellectually challenged at best

sheesh, he looks all stroked out when he talks...anyone else notice?

separated at birth, perhaps?
Peter%27s+McStroke.jpg

My post may have been complicated but the bottom line is they really want all sales (to the extent that they must allow ANY sales) to go through dealers where they can be tightly controlled.

And next they will require dealers to collect tax. (For the value of the gun being transferred)...

Only item I'm not sure about is out of state convictions, but would NICS necessarily catch those either?

Add to this the fact that people who are granted LTCs in this state commit crimes at an infinitesimal rate in the first place, and you have a complete non-issue, assuming we have opportunity to have this perspective heard.

Yes, NICS is specifically designed to catch all state convictions. Probably arrests too, but I'm not 100% on that.

A better argument would be that an MICRS check does an instant federal check. I thought I had read a discussion about that on NES, but I can't find it.

WRONG, MIRCS is MA only and includes any court action. Federal check is NICS and is only done in conjunction with the 4473 by dealers.

AND when you do an eFA-10, it INSTANTLY checks your status wrt any MA activity.

So another law is going to make those who do "out of the trunk" deals, already illegal, are suddenly going to say, oops, we can't break the law.

That is intellectually challenged at best

Consider the people writing these laws and making those decisions. "Intellectually challenged" is an understatement.

- - - Updated - - -

And next they will require dealers to collect tax. (For the value of the gun being transferred)...

Not that far-fetched! Look at what they do with cell phones . . . if you buy from a reseller they charge you sales tax on the MSRP which is a number that NOBODY ever pays. Plus the high monthly charge is sales taxed as well and that is actually where you are paying for the phone in addition to the service.

WRONG, MIRCS is MA only and includes any court action. Federal check is NICS and is only done in conjunction with the 4473 by dealers.

AND when you do an eFA-10, it INSTANTLY checks your status wrt any MA activity.

That was my impression as well, Len... but I distinctly recall a conversation here where someone was saying that it linked to NICS in real time, which surprised me. Too many hits on google to wade through and find it though.

Might not be a terrible thing to add to the system, allow the sale to go through on a "Proceed" or "delay" and stop it on a "deny". That way we could add 92% of the dealer's background check to the MIRCS and blowout the oppositions arguments.

Of course I'd want something in return for that "concession". Say.... suppressors.

Back
Top Bottom