LARGE capacity vehicles!

And I thought you guys were kidding!

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo..._put_safety_first_for_city_s_first_night_fete

“You’ll see a lot of uniformed presence out there. I think you’ll notice some of the extra precautions. Because of Berlin, you’ll see some additional road closures,” Police Commissioner William B. Evans said yesterday. “We all have to be somewhat on alert. ISIS has made it clear that that seems to be their M.O. now, driving trucks or large-capacity vehicles into crowds. We’ll be looking for that type of threat out there.”

they can't help themselves, he just invented a whole new term that makes a truck sound evil.

They can't use the term "Assault Vehicles" because DHS and DoD gave them all to the Police Departments.

My kids use large capacity vehicles twice a day, 5 days a week. Are they in trouble?

school-bus.jpg

Last edited:
Ive got a fleet of box trucks including 2 24' box diesel freightliners... they only hold 3 people in the passenger compartment tho so I think by definition they are "standard" capacity right? Is this legal in MA?!

They should ban vehicle bayonet-lugs (i.e. plow mounts). and collapsible-towing-hitches.
Also possession fully automatic transmissions should be a felony with an mandatory 5-year sentence and $10,000 fine.
It's about time we pass some common sense vehicle laws people!

They should ban vehicle bayonet-lugs (i.e. plow mounts). and collapsible-towing-hitches.
Also possession fully automatic transmissions should be a felony with an mandatory 5-year sentence and $10,000 fine.

Along those lines we need to remove exhaust systems altogether and run open pipes directly off the exhaust ports because full exhaust systems HIDE FLASH and SUPPRESS SOUND!

I had the news on in the background this afternoon and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Whichever gene pool spit this moron out doesn't have a deep end.

18 wheelers will be outlawed, and no new trucks with over 10 wheels will be manufactured.

Of course, a new cottage industry will emerge because the manufacturers already have a legal workaround for it:

P3220094.JPG

It's sort of like the Glock 30, if you can only have 10 wheels, get the fattest wheels you can find. [laugh]

Last edited:

They already banned vehicle bayonet-lugs (i.e. plow mounts). in Mass and of course excluded them self

Section 19K. For the purposes of this section, the term ''hitching mechanism'' shall be defined as the lift cylinder and the lift arm. Nothing in this section shall apply to state, county or municipally owned or operated vehicles. Between May 15 and October 15 of each year, any vehicle with a gross weight of less than 26,000 pounds which is equipped with a plow shall be required to have removed the plow and hitching mechanism used with the plow. Vehicles equipped with an apparatus that allows the hitching mechanism to be folded flat leaving no protruding surfaces, shall only be required to have the plow itself removed; if the hitching mechanism is in the folded flat position while the vehicle is in operation. If snowfall occurs before October 25 or after May 15 vehicles subject to this act may be re-equipped with the plow and any apparatus necessary for clearing snow. Vehicles shall be required to abide by this section within 72 hours of the conclusion of snowfall.

They already banned vehicle bayonet-lugs (i.e. plow mounts). in Mass and of course excluded them self

Section 19K. For the purposes of this section, the term ''hitching mechanism'' shall be defined as the lift cylinder and the lift arm. Nothing in this section shall apply to state, county or municipally owned or operated vehicles. Between May 15 and October 15 of each year, any vehicle with a gross weight of less than 26,000 pounds which is equipped with a plow shall be required to have removed the plow and hitching mechanism used with the plow. Vehicles equipped with an apparatus that allows the hitching mechanism to be folded flat leaving no protruding surfaces, shall only be required to have the plow itself removed; if the hitching mechanism is in the folded flat position while the vehicle is in operation. If snowfall occurs before October 25 or after May 15 vehicles subject to this act may be re-equipped with the plow and any apparatus necessary for clearing snow. Vehicles shall be required to abide by this section within 72 hours of the conclusion of snowfall.

Wow that outragious.....so moving you plow to another location attaching it to the front of the truck is ilegall between may 15 and ctober 15.. ive done that serveral times... i doubt many officers are aware of it.

Stupid law

Smart vehicles, only can be used if you are wearing the wireless ring or bracelet. Only the owner can drive them, reads your finger print or the likes. Watch out, smart guns, smart cars, there is no end to this shite. GPS speed limiting control...on and on....

18 wheelers will be outlawed, and no new trucks with over 10 wheels will be manufactured.

Of course, a new cottage industry will emerge because the manufacturers already have a legal workaround for it:

P3220094.JPG

It's sort of like the Glock 30, if you can only have 10 wheels, get the fattest wheels you can find. [laugh]

Don't you know that Maura minions watch this site? There goes that copycat loophole...

We could have some fun and introduce bills through our legislators to ban certain large capacity trucks and specially license and regulate others. They aren't that smart on Beacon Hill - just change some wording around on the gun laws and it will be great.

Does mine qualify as a "large capacity assault vehicle"? It does have the extra-drivy black wheels, oversize 6.5' bed magazine, and large capacity 36 gallon fuel tank. I better keep an eye out for Maura's minions...

4261cc47a8b3f32a6767800692f73058.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Is it my imagination that both Marty and Billy looked hammered in the accompanying photo? [laugh]

attachment.php

Attachments

• 122916walshnl02.jpg
    122916walshnl02.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom