Kraft Donated Pats Plane to fly Anti's to DC

Didn't someone post (not sure what thread) a FB comment from one of the moonbats who was upset she didn't get her "acknowledgement letter" cuz she donated more than the price of the t-shirt? That sounds like tax ack, which any of us in 501(c)(3)-land know plenty about. Are they trying to position this as a 501(c)(3)??

I read that the organization was set up as a 501(c)(4) Definition below

501(c)(4)[edit]

See also: Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission
A 501(c)(4) organization is a social welfare organization, such as a civic organization or a neighborhood association. An organization is considered by the IRS to be operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare if it is primarily engaged in promoting the common good and general welfare of the people of the community.[49][50] Net earnings must be exclusively used for charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.[51]

According to The Washington Post:[52]

These groups are allowed to participate in politics, so long as politics do not become their primary focus. What that means in practice is that they must spend less than 50 percent of their money on politics. So long as they don't run afoul of that threshold, the groups can influence elections, which they typically do through advertising.

Allowed activities[edit]
501(c)(4) are similar to 501(c)(5) and 501(c)(6) in that the organizations may inform the public on controversial subjects and attempt to influence legislation relevant to its program[53] and, unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as their primary activity is the promotion of social welfare and related to the organization's purpose.[54][55]

The income tax exemption for 501(c)(4) organizations applies to most of their operations, but income spent on political activities—generally the advocacy of a particular candidate in an election—is taxable.[56] An "action" organization generally qualifies as a 501(c)(4) organization.[57] An "action" organization is one whose activities substantially include, or are exclusively,[58] direct or grassroots lobbying related to advocacy for or against legislation or proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation that is related to its purpose.[59]

A 501(c)(4) organization may directly or indirectly support or oppose a candidate for public office as long as such activities are not a substantial amount of its activities.[49][60]

A 501(c)(4) organization that lobbies must register with the Clerk of the House if it lobbies members of the House or their staff.[55] Likewise, a 501(c)(4) organization must register with the Secretary of the Senate if it lobbies members of the Senate or their staff.[55] In addition, the 501(c)(4) organization must either inform its members the amount it spends on lobbying or pay a proxy tax to the Internal Revenue Service.[55] Lobbying expenses and political expenses are not deductible as business expenses.[55]

Electioneering communications[edit]
The use of 501(c)(4), 501(c)(5), and 501(c)(6) organizations has been affected by the 2007 FEC v. Wisconsin Right to Life, Inc., in which the Supreme Court struck the part of the McCain-Feingold Act that prohibited 501(c)(4), 501(c)(5), and 501(c)(6) from broadcasting electioneering communications. The Act defined an electioneering communication as a communication that mentions a candidate's name 60 days before a primary or 30 days before a general election.

Contributions[edit]
Contributions to 501(c)(4) organizations are not tax-deductible as charitable donations unless the organization is either a volunteer fire department or a veterans organization.[61][62] Dues or contributions to 501(c)(4) organizations may be deductible as a business expense under IRC 162, although amounts paid for intervention or participation in any political campaign, direct lobbying, grass roots lobbying, and contact with certain federal officials are not deductible.[63] If a 501(c)(4) engages in a substantial number of these activities, then only the amount of dues or contributions that can be attributed to other activities may be deductible as a business expense.[64]

The organization must provide a notice to its members containing a reasonable estimate of the amount related to lobbying and political campaign expenditures, or else it is subject to a proxy tax on its lobbying and political campaign expenditures. It must also state that contributions to the organization are not deductible as charitable contributions during fundraising.[63]

501(c)(4) organizations are not required to disclose their donors publicly.[65]

No, because he has enough money to buy whatever protection he needs for himself or his family, just like all the other hypocrites.

Although I believe BP did it on their own, I'm sure Kraft wasn't crying to hear that BP cancelled the GOAL/women's group event.

Not this Jew, but for the most part you are correct for US Jews.
I am certainly not anti-semitic and don't wish to put down anyone. It's not anti-jewish to disagree with the fact that many support Democrats and I don't. And many tend to be Liberal, and I'm not. And many do support gun control and I don't. It's the positions of some I can't stand. Now, if you are jewish, hunt, fish, love guns, drink too much....you are of the same mindset as me and welcome to my home anytime.

Seriously? Google "Jewish Politicians" and look at what comes up. A Who's Who of anti 2nd scumbags. Not to infer that all of them are antis...but a HUGE proportion are. Oh, and I am part Jewish, so this is not an anti Semitic rant by any means. Soros come to mind?
I posted in a different thread that those of the Jewish faith that were "anti" were traitors to their fellow religionists. Painting the rest of us with their brush is not only fallacious but intellectually dishonest. Finally, there is NO such thing as "part Jewish". It's a RELIGION, not a RACE. "I'm part Jewish so..." is arguably just as ridiculous as "I have friends that re..." Actually, it's WORSE. One can convert to a different religion. One CANNOT convert race. Unless one is Lizzie Warren, but I digress...

And no argument, anti-2a = scumbag in my book. REGARDLESS of religion. Or race. Or sex.

Actually no.

Are you kidding? I wish you were right, but check out the facts. On a personal level, I'm 1/2 Jewish and 1/2 Lutheran, talk about being confused, but the Jews in my family are, very ironically in any historic or current context, quite anti-2A!

I posted in a different thread that those of the Jewish faith that were "anti" were traitors to their fellow religionists. Painting the rest of us with their brush is not only fallacious but intellectually dishonest. Finally, there is NO such thing as "part Jewish". It's a RELIGION, not a RACE. "I'm part Jewish so..." is arguably just as ridiculous as "I have friends that re..." Actually, it's WORSE. One can convert to a different religion. One CANNOT convert race. Unless one is Lizzie Warren, but I digress...

And no argument, anti-2a = scumbag in my book. REGARDLESS of religion. Or race. Or sex.
Hmmmm.....how can a religion make one more susceptible to certain diseases?
Jewish genetics: 75% of Jews are lactose intolerant and 11 other facts

Never thought I would say this but I'm done. This team cant lose enough for me. I'm not giving up on all sports (hockey is still about the game for now) but social justice is infecting areas it has no business being. When did Lebron James opinion on anything other than basketball become front page news? This all just solidifies my opinion. We don't have a gun problem in this country. We have a people problem.

Actually, being Jewish is the only one that's both a race AND religion. I'm proud to be racially a partial Jew. I'm also a full on red blooded, gun totin, self-helping, American MALE. My father was Jewish, full on gun owner/user/certified NRA instructor (life member IIRC) and self-helper. I learned a LOT of my core values from him. Including not tolerating stupidity or politicians that aim to take what's ours (which is the majority these days). IMO, politicians are a barely tolerable EVIL in this world. The vast majority of them are in it only for their own interests, plus of the groups that got them into office. Sure, there are some decent ones, but those are the exception to the rule. Even then, they don't always hold true to their original values. It seems like the longer they're in office, the more they get turned into what WE hate.

I'm simply waiting for enough people to scream "ENOUGH BULLSHIT" at DC and give them the collective finger and push back, HARD. Sadly, I don't think there's enough people that actually SEE where we're headed (the majority here seem to see it though, but we don't have the numbers).

As for Jews being liberals... Sadly, my sister is one of those. She drank the Kool Aid at some point either in high school, or college (BU) and turned full on libtard. :( I don't understand how she changed, since we both grew up in the same house. We both went shooting with our father. Although she stopped around age 12, while I kept going every chance I got.

I'm hoping that the country can hold it together, and not go full on stupid, at least until I can get my own place, with a good amount of land.

Are you kidding? I wish you were right, but check out the facts. On a personal level, I'm 1/2 Jewish and 1/2 Lutheran, talk about being confused, but the Jews in my family are, very ironically in any historic or current context, quite anti-2A!
Judaism is a religion practiced by people generally originating from the Mediterranean area of the globe. The genetic commonalities of people from that area of the world include olive colored skin, lake, hawkish noses, dark curly hair, and a few others less obvious. Those characteristics are generally found in people from Italy, the Middle East, and Northern Africa. Interestingly enough, ALL of those characteristics are part of a group called SEMITES. But again, one cannot CONVERT one's genetic makeup. There are ASIAN Jews, HISPANIC Jews, and actual non-Egyptian BLACK Jews. None of them share genetic characteristics as referred to by bt74 below.

Both of my parents are Jewish. My fathers family is 3 generations removed from Austria, my mother's is 3&4 removed from England and an area of Poland that is no longer populated. Me, I'm neither hyphenated nor religiously confused. I'm an American that occasionally goes to a Jewish temple.

Hmmmm.....how can a religion make one more susceptible to certain diseases?
Jewish genetics: 75% of Jews are lactose intolerant and 11 other facts

And 95% or more Sudanese are skinny and can run far. And virtually all Swedes are blonde and have blue eyes. If people tend to commingle, they will tend to express similar genetic predispositions.

Making generalizations about social, ethnic, political or other groups based on personal prejudice is what liberals do.

As for Jews being liberals... Sadly, my sister is one of those. She drank the Kool Aid at some point either in high school, or college (BU) and turned full on libtard. :( I don't understand how she changed, since we both grew up in the same house. We both went shooting with our father. Although she stopped around age 12, while I kept going every chance I got.
I feel you. On Wednesday I'm flying to Florida to visit my father for 3 days. His wife is a DC liberal, inner beltway, financial planner. Her children are a NYC wedding photographer, a DC plastic surgeon, and a Hollywood "producer".
Then I fly to visit my mother in Arizona for her 80th. Her husband's kids are a San Francisco married lesbian who complains about her and her partner not making enough money in their "shop" and needing public assistance. She quit driving for UPS after 20 years because it want fulfilling. His second daughter used to be his son, is a product of the UC education system. His third daughter is married to a Moroccan. They own a coffee shop. Their 8 & 10 y/o daughters have been vegan for about 4 years. My brother and his wife have lived in Chicago for 20+ years. She's a social worker. I'm glad it's only for 3 days.

So believe me, I know Jews, and Jewish liberals. All Jews are NOT liberals. And cultural, ethnic, social, racial and religious backgrounds may overlap, but they are NOT mutually deterministic.

I feel you. On Wednesday I'm flying to Florida to visit my father for 3 days. His wife is a DC liberal, inner beltway, financial planner. Her children are a NYC wedding photographer, a DC plastic surgeon, and a Hollywood "producer".
Then I fly to visit my mother in Arizona for her 80th. Her husband's kids are a San Francisco married lesbian who complains about her and her partner not making enough money in their "shop" and needing public assistance. She quit driving for UPS after 20 years because it want fulfilling. His second daughter used to be his son, is a product of the UC education system. His third daughter is married to a Moroccan. They own a coffee shop. Their 8 & 10 y/o daughters have been vegan for about 4 years. My brother and his wife have lived in Chicago for 20+ years. She's a social worker. I'm glad it's only for 3 days.

So believe me, I know Jews, and Jewish liberals. All Jews are NOT liberals. And cultural, ethnic, social, racial and religious backgrounds may overlap, but they are NOT mutually deterministic.
My condolences on you having retarded relatives. ;)

I had to hold my tongue last weekend when having dinner with my sister's family, mom, and a few other people (nephew's GF was there, plus to exchange students my niece was watching). The comments were made, in a very snarky manner, about arming teachers. I simply kept quiet on it, since saying anything wouldn't do my BP any good. I do plan to mention something to mom, to let the rest know to keep their anti-2A comments to themselves when I'm over there next weekend (Passover dinner, then Easter dinner)... Otherwise, I'm going to tell them to f*** off and leave. I've gone past giving any shits anymore and simply won't tolerate that behavior.

Seriously? Google "Jewish Politicians" and look at what comes up. A Who's Who of anti 2nd scumbags. Not to infer that all of them are antis...but a HUGE proportion are. Oh, and I am part Jewish, so this is not an anti Semitic rant by any means. Soros come to mind?
Politicians are politicians. You can't compare them to everyone else. They are in their own class of scumbag.

I still had a glimmer of interest in the NFL after the Kaepernick shitshow because of the Pats, but this is the last straw.

My sports interests will now nearly exclusively be the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and the World Cup.

#30 patriots playa caught drug smuggling into Costa Rica.

The hits just keep on coming.

Boycott Costa Rica for sending him back ,and not keeping him for a while.

Back
Top Bottom