• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

king of the assault rifles

Definitely a debate, though most of the people here would probably go with the AR.

Many would also shake a finger at you for the phrase "assault rifle" since it attaches a stigma to what is simply a machined pieced of metal and plastic, though I could care less. Just wanted to give you a heads up so if/when people point it out you know why. :)

Major debate I would think. I prefer the AK over the AR because they always work and point and balance better in my hands. Nothing wrong with an AR that works however. I don't think of an assault rifle as a precision long-range weapon so the ARs ability to shoot more accurately is moot to me.

There will always be a debate...Some say AR's, some say AK's, I say: Anything that shoots 7.62x51.

You mean any semi or fully automatic that fires 7.62x51.
My Weatherby Vanguard and Remington 600 both fire that cartridge, but neither are "Assault Rifles".
I believe the original definition came from the German "Sturmgewehr", which fires a "medium" range cartridge.

This guy has the answer to any gun debate:

Ayreh%20Nusbacher%20Portrait%20200.jpg

Here is an interesting top ten list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvrG4T2K4sE

If you're interested in buying one, be prepared to spend thousands and thousands of dollars. New ones have been banned for years. Unless you're loaded and have a machine gun license, if you live in MA, you might want to look for a semiautomatic rifle that resembles an assault rifle, such as a WASR-10 instead.

M4/M16 and AKM and maybe the FNC are the best assualt rifles in my opinion

anything that fires 7.62x51 wouldnt be considered a assault rifle using my definition. thats battle rifle land

When you say "assault rifle", that means a select-fire, intermediate cartridge (.223, 7.62x39, etc.).
Anything that fires 7.62x51 (.308 win) is by definition, a battle rifle.

This guy has the answer to any gun debate:

Ayreh%20Nusbacher%20Portrait%20200.jpg

[laugh2][rofl]

That is too funny. What an annoying twit.

I went to school with a kid that was a future Civil War historian. As the years progressed, he enjoyed way more LSD than Whitey Bulger. He went from Civil War to Revolutionary War and stopped showering and always put powder in his matted "hair" since this was how George Washington lived. I think if this were true, the redcoats would have smelled Washington coming from another town. Sorry about threadjacking.

I like the Nerf salt weapon the best. I wish it came in different colors though.[mg]

The AK47 is the most used assault rifle world wide. As far as living in Mass, I can have all the evil features on my select fire M16 but not on my semi auto Ar15. I can buy a machinegun through the mail but not a slingshot. What a state.

I've always understood a battle rifle to be something chambered in a full-size rifle caliber such as 7.52. Assault rifles, in the military sense and not the Brady Bill sense, strike me as something with a lighter bullet such as 5.56. Just my opinion though. Oh, and the FAL rocks.

I like the AR because at 100 yrds I can place three holes inside an area the size of a quarter.[smile] I like the 762x51 because I can shoot 3 holes at 100 yrds through a 2x4 the size of a half dollar!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom