Keltec PF9

In MA i would never buy one cuz they go for like $400. It aint a $400 gun.
if i lived in the USA i would probly buy one just to experience it, but alas I live in MA.

I'm thinking about picking up a PF9 for my backpacking kit. Who's got one, and do you love it or hate it? Go.

They work, trigger is ****ing terrible, though. Can't see the point of this where you can get a G26 beater gun for not that much more money.

-Mike

I have a 26 in the safe, but what I was thinking about here was a small single stack 9mm that's not going to be all that heavy for being out in the backcountry. You make a good point about the trigger. I'm currently using a 637-2 which is fine but I hate the da trigger. I was thinking that while the PF9 trigger may suck, it'll probably be lighter that the j frame.

I am very pleased w my M&P shield 9mm. It is a few oz heavier than the PF9 but the shield sure feels more solid in my hand. I can see the appeal of the PF9 though since its something insane like 13oz

I have a 26 in the safe, but what I was thinking about here was a small single stack 9mm that's not going to be all that heavy for being out in the backcountry. You make a good point about the trigger. I'm currently using a 637-2 which is fine but I hate the da trigger. I was thinking that while the PF9 trigger may suck, it'll probably be lighter that the j frame.

Another idea, get a Kahr CW9 instead. Still DA but it won't suck nearly as bad as the PF9 is.

-Mike

Shoot a PF9 before you buy one. It's very uncomfortable to shoot (lightweight + hard edges = pain). There are better ergonomically designed pocket pistols out there. I'm thinking the Kahr PM9 since I shot one and liked it better. The only thing the PF9 has going for it is the weight.

I had one, it was a total POS.
The trigger is horrendous, the recoil is worse than my G32 (.357sig), and the sights aren't that great.

Someone above said it's not a $400 gun, I bought mine brand new for $250-$300 something like that, and even at $250, the gun was a hunk of shit.

I had one, it was a total POS.
The trigger is horrendous, the recoil is worse than my G32 (.357sig), and the sights aren't that great.

Someone above said it's not a $400 gun, I bought mine brand new for $250-$300 something like that, and even at $250, the gun was a hunk of shit.

outside MA they are cheap but new ones in MA seem to be like twice the price due to our lovely restrictions on what the nanny state allows.

Shoot a PF9 before you buy one. It's very uncomfortable to shoot (lightweight + hard edges = pain). There are better ergonomically designed pocket pistols out there. I'm thinking the Kahr PM9 since I shot one and liked it better. The only thing the PF9 has going for it is the weight.

I agree with that description. I had a PF9, and I now have a M&P Shield. The Shield is somewhat heavier, but much nicer to shoot.

I went over to 2A Arms in windham today to check one out. It was ok, but overall I wasn't all that impressed. As advertised, the trigger pull/reset was stupid, and it just felt cheap. Probably not worth spending the money, especially since the j frame does the job just as well. Thanks for the input fellas.. I guess I'm gonna keep looking.... Or blow some more cash on something way more awesome.

Back
Top Bottom