Starting a rebuild of my Polymer 80 PF940SC tomorrow.

So...I built one P80 that is 100% reliable, dead nuts accurate and super fun to shoot: a PF940C with a P80 complete slide. Great gun. For my second, I went with the G26/SC model, which is known to be more difficult and finnicky to build. Well, the build went well, she operates administratively perfectly with snap caps and without, but with live ammo she's a jammomatic. Like hot Hollywood actress, she's great to look at, but a trainwreck in real life.

I used a budget P80 Builder branded LPK for this one, which yielded a difficult assembly of the trigger group, a weird-looking ejector and a trigger pull that is optimistically about 12#. Back to the drawing board with some OEM and Wilson parts, we'll see if we can turn this girl's frown upside down:

Attachments

• 20221227_221546.jpg
    20221227_221546.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230107_165924.jpg
    20230107_165924.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 45
Yeah I had a P80 that would hang up, double and triple checked all the areas that I removed material. Finally swapped the no-name recoil spring assembly for a Glock one and no more problems.
The biggest issue was trying to get OEM parts back when I was building it. Now they are a little more prevalent.

Last edited:
ymmv - but 2 last builds that i did using aimsurplus parts for slides do work just fine.

Yeah I had a P80 that would hang up, double and triple checked all the areas that I removed material. Finally swapped the no-name recoil spring assembly for a Glock one and no more problems.
The biggest issue was trying to get OEM parts back when I was building it. Now they are a little more prevalent.
From what I remember they specifically recommend factory internal parts in their builds.

Clean and shoot every time? why not just shoot the piss out of it. That is my shakedown for every glock I get pretty much.... it better go 500+ with no issue. I wipe the front sight off and truck on. [laugh]

A lot of aftermarket glock parts are garbage and there seems to be more producers of that garbage grade shit after P80 became a thing.

From what I remember they specifically recommend factory internal parts in their builds.
To be honest I didn’t read what they recommended for their builds. I tried to buy Glock factory but just about every place was out of stock so at that point I had to make do with what was available. Since then I have been able to source factory parts when I’ve had any issue but other than the RSA I s been pretty good.

100% agree random parts can be garbage. My P80 builds took 500 rounds to wear in and a few diff combos of eBay and Brownells parts to dial in. I really like ebay seller Hooper Gun Works. Cant go wrong with Brownells. Had bad luck with Swenson. Don’t expect to do it right for much less than ~$1k all said and done. I have a box of 2-3 additional G19s worth of parts. They are so fun but no where near turn key!

Edit: $1k incl Trijicon sights

8E5C368A-7D71-4499-9B2F-A2136C2531AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Clean and shoot every time? why not just shoot the piss out of it. That is my shakedown for every glock I get pretty much.... it better go 500+ with no issue. I wipe the front sight off and truck on. [laugh]
That's the plan, lots of shooting, lots of dry fire, then lots more shooting.

To be honest I didn’t read what they recommended for their builds. I tried to buy Glock factory but just about every place was out of stock so at that point I had to make do with what was available. Since then I have been able to source factory parts when I’ve had any issue but other than the RSA I s been pretty good.

Their instructions are for shit, and I've never seen them recommend anything other their their own parts.

Anyone ran into feeding issues when using a Glock magazine? The P80 magazine works fine but needs a manual push at the back of the slide to chamber a round using Glock one.

I had trouble with barrel and slide fit, also barrel to slide release issues. Easy fix is lots of oil and manually rack the slide ~500 times. Just work it while watching TV or something. You may have to try diff parts. What barrel and slide are you running?

I had trouble with barrel and slide fit, also barrel to slide release issues. Easy fix is lots of oil and manually rack the slide ~500 times. Just work it while watching TV or something. You may have to try diff parts. What barrel and slide are you running?
I am using all the original parts that came with the P80. Since I notice more issues when using the Glock magazine. Probably ran 100 ~150 rounds with this setup.

Back
Top Bottom