• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P80 PF940c comments? Reviews?

I was looking at picking up a G19 and stumbled onto the Polymer 80 PF940c 80% frames that can be built into a G19 or 23 and to be honest I like the looks better than an actual Glock. Anyone out there have one? I haven’t seen one in person though so I am just going off pics.

This probably belongs more in the build it yourself section but I put it here not thinking about it.

Last edited:
I have one, G19. Did it with a dremel and hand file. Currently OOC due to dropping mags after firing, still diagnosing (worn spring, worn mag catch?). Prior to that probably 5k rounds through it, with only a few FTE when I first finished it. Better grip angle than OEM.

I built one of the 80% PF940v2 (Glock 17). Same concept, just full-size vs compact.

Went together the first time. Rather than a mill or dremel, etc., I used end nippers like these:

41h8pdREPfL._SX342_.jpg

to cut off the "rail tabs," then used sandpaper wrapped around a flat file to smooth the rest of the way. 320/400/1000/1500/2000 with WD-40 until the rails were "silky smooth." Triangular file then round file for the recoil "plug" area. Hand drill for the three holes. Added a Gen 3 slide and other bits. My "20%" took no more than an hour and a half.

2d1wzsp.jpg

10fng3r.jpg

34evq5f.jpg

I had none of the RTB issues some others have reported (slide is super smooth in travel), I think because I paid attention to getting the rails down flush so the locking blocks don't stick up and interfere with the slide.

I did, at first, have a trigger reset issue some others have reported, that is, if I didn't hold the trigger back as the slide cycled, it would reset without fail or issue. If I held the trigger down and cycled the slide, it wouldn't reset.

I was running a stock trigger/trigger bar, Ghost 3.5# connector, stock trigger return spring.

After the first 100 rounds, not one FTF or FTE, but reset was an issue. If I got my finger off the trigger, reset was fine. If I held the trigger back after firing, the gun would not reset. Dead trigger.

With a Ghost 3.5# connector and OEM trigger spring, or the 3.5# connector with a LWD 6# trigger spring, the trigger would not reset if I kept pressure on it while I cycled the slide. Same when I shot the gun; finger off the trigger--reset. Finger on the trigger--no reset.

After I got home and did some more reading, I swapped in an NY1 trigger spring I had laying around, and swapped out the Ghost connector for a LWD 3.5# connector, and the reset was fixed. The takeup is firm, but the break is crisp and light, and the reset is 100%.

I have literally hundreds of rounds through the gun, suppressed and unsuppressed, using MagPul 17 and 21-round magazines, and I've had exactly one FTF--an Aluminum Blazer round that looked pretty sketchy.

Take-up with the NY1 trigger spring is a bit firm, but not distractedly so, and the break is crisp. Reset is short and positive. I actually like the trigger takeup.

Now, who makes a holster for this thing...

Back
Top Bottom