Keltec Sub2000 Gen 2

Hello, is the new gen 2 Sub2000 mass-compliant in its original form? I'm not too clear on whether or not the stock collapses or not? Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

Any issues buying one in NH and bringing back to MA? It's considered a long gun, so I can just file an efa10 when I return, correct?

I thought so. Seems like the right time for a backpack rifle. I'm gonna get the G19 variant. Anybody see them stocked at a Northshore dealer? Otherwise I'll order one or take the ride to NH.

I thought so. Seems like the right time for a backpack rifle. I'm gonna get the G19 variant. Anybody see them stocked at a Northshore dealer? Otherwise I'll order one or take the ride to NH.

As a heads up, it's real easy to buy the more common G17 version and chop it down to take 19 mags. Be advised that the grip length will be more like a G26, due to the placement of the magazine catch. I went this route with mine and it has been excellent!

Just to prevent further misinformation: The Gen 2 has a threaded barrel and is an assault weapon under massachusetts standards. We've had a few get sent because customers had ordered without asking us from places that already had our FFL on file and we had to return them.

Why.

Was the customer unwilling to pay to have a brake or thread protector installed?

Friends dont let friends go keltec

I had one that I shot in a pistol caliber carbine league. It was a local group and the range could not handle centerfire rifle. I used it against ARs, MP5s and the like. I called KelTec and asked about ways to lighten the trigger pull. Their service manager offered to adjust the trigger to the minimum acceptable weight for nothing.

I sent them the rifle and it came back with a short, crisp, 3 lb trigger. He was stoked when I told him that I was beating people with custom ARs with my $275 plastic KelTec.

Then Sandy Hook happened and some idiot offered me $800 for it. Ha. No regrets.

I own a Gen2 in MA and didnt have a problem with having a threaded barrel. No issues with the shop selling them once they got them ether.

I own a Gen2 in MA and didnt have a problem with having a threaded barrel. No issues with the shop selling them once they got them ether.

One guy says, its illegal. Another guy says he didn't have a problem.

I took the guy who said its illegal at face value.

So lets actually look at the law and how the gun relates to it.

Here is the definition from the law:
Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
  1. Folding or telescoping stock
  2. Pistol grip
  3. Bayonet mount
  4. Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
  5. Grenade launcher mount

Folding or telescoping stock - No
Pistol Grip - Yes
Bayonet mount - No
Flash suppressor or threaded bbl - Yes
Grenade launcher mount - No.

So since it has a pistol grip and a threaded bbl the Gen 2 version of the Sub 2000 is in fact an AW per MA law.

Remember, the Gen 1 version did not have a threaded bbl so would not have been considered to be an AW.

Don

Not trying to be dumb but all AR's have a pistol grip and threaded barrel until you attach a brake.

It comes with a thread protector installed.
6fef2e69316be5bef44e33c71135bb5d.jpg

looks like it can be made compliant for the people that worry about that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom