Keep FID when you get a LTC A.

Be careful how you say this. Buying a gun with the intent to sell/give/transfer it to another is a straw purchase.

In his case it's not specific enough and there's no monetary tie with the presumed straw buyer. Even the ATF isn't going to get that retarded. Every straw case I've ever read about was mostly "proximate". An event that will likely take years to happen (assuming it does at all) hardly meets that.

This would be the thinnest straw prosecution attempt ever, exponentially dumber than even Michael Lara or Abramski.....

-Mike

\
When you buy from a dealer and sign a 4473 you are stating that you are the intended owner. So any "intent" otherwise is a crime.

I am wondering since they cannot read my mind as to wanting to sell it to someone else how long do I need to keep said gun before I am in the clear for them thinking that I may have intended to "turn it over."

I am wondering since they cannot read my mind as to wanting to sell it to someone else how long do I need to keep said gun before I am in the clear for them thinking that I may have intended to "turn it over."
If, as you walk out of the store, you think to yourself, "dam that was stupid I don't need this gun I'm going to sell it to my buddy". Then your intent at the time of sale was to keep it. You just changed your mind. No crime.

It's exactly that they can't read your mind, that they look for something else. A note, a post, something you said to a credible witness.

Fun fact- in both Abramski and Lara cases, paper trail was critical in the ATFs arguments to prosecute. (btw Lara was acquitted, the jury didn't buy it... thankfully he could afford representation but it still ruined the track of his LE career. )

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom