• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kalashnikov Buy

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Yugo M70's are good rifles. Was my first AK variant and I couldn't kill the thing. Not much more $ then a wasr and its built on a better receiver. Plus you get the cool grenade sight [smile]

ETA: Don't forget about a VZ-58. Not an "AK" but its a Hell of a rifle.

sa58vmaly.jpg

Hmmm I think I want one of those, except with a fixed stock and no bayo lug

I had a WASR for a while, it never malfunctioned, but was really rough around the edges. Ended up selling it and picking up a polytech sidefolder and I could not be happier.

005-2.jpg

VZ58 is an awesome rifle. Although it looks like an AK it is actually a very different mechanism.

They are built like a tank with a milled receiver. Are lighter than an AK and more accurate. And they stay open after the last round.

Downsides... they get freaking hot quickly. They have a proprietary magazine (not the same as an AK).

I have two and love'em.

I've had the pleasure of shooting a fellow member's VZ58- and I agree with richc... they are truely a pleasure to shoot.

It does not feel like an AK. It's got a more "solid" feel. And the bolt and carrier feels fancy in comparison, in a good way. Smoother, tighter.

Downsides... they get freaking hot quickly. They have a proprietary magazine (not the same as an AK).

I have two and love'em.

I think I shot one of yours at an NES shoot a while back and the only bad thing I noticed was they do indeed get very hot in a short time. Other than that its a great rifle design.

Back
Top Bottom