Kahr PM9 vs CM9....what do you think??

I am looking to buy a CM9 or similar 9mm for a CCW. I really like the CM9's features and don't want to spend all the cash for a PM9. I
The CM9 is just the skinflint edition of the PM9. You get a crappier upper (no poly barrel, tack on sites, crappier rollmarks, crappier quality slide lock part) but it'll be good enough for most people, and probably still way better than the LC9.

-Mike

. Is the CM9 trigger crisp or is it gritty?
!

Assuming that the CM9 trigger is the same as the PM9 trigger, the answer is neither. The Kahr trigger is not gritty in the least but neither is it crisp. It feels like a very smooth double action revolver trigger. It has a long travel, but it doesn't really stack. Nor does it feel like a 1911 trigger where you have some easy take up and then a distinct break. The reset on the Kahr trigger is also quite long, so while it doesn't have that awful plasticky graunch of a Glock trigger, it can't be shot as quickly as a Glock either.

Go to a store and dry fire a Kahr trigger. It really is a unique trigger.

I am looking to buy a CM9 or similar 9mm for a CCW. I really like the CM9's features and don't want to spend all the cash for a PM9. I am reading good things about the CM9 but I am open to some of the negative points about it. The Glock 26 is a little fat to compare with this, so please try not to suggest one to me. I want to carry something under 16oz and this model is 2oz under that, the G26 is almost 20oz. The LC9 is awesome but the trigger is garbage and I don't feel like doing work to this handgun. Is the CM9 trigger crisp or is it gritty?
Thanks for all the input!

I have a CM9. Got is used. My buddy has a PM9, new and both shoot the same to me. Yeah, the PM9 has a match barrel but i'm using it for CCW not competition shooting.

As for the trigger, i love it. You can't feel the where it will break/fire. It's a long (not that long but compared to a 1911) smooth light pull. You pretty much will pull, pull, pull then bang. There's no feeling of any slack it just goes when you fully pull.

I had a BG380 and it feels a million times better. Especially if you are in a self defense position, the trigger pull is perfect for it. You won't have to pull so hard causing the pistol to rotate clockwise while you're squeezing so hard.

CM9/PM9, if you can find either used go buy it.

Back
Top Bottom