• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Justice Kavanaugh

LOL

Trump snubs Feinstein, Harris to nominate conservative judges to liberal 9th Circuit

"
Presidents traditionally work with senators from judicial nominees' home state -- in this case, California -- to put forward judicial picks. They often seek what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion from those senators.

But in a snub to California Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, the White House announced Wednesday that Trump had nominated Patrick Bumatay, Daniel Collins and Kenneth Kiyul Lee (all from the Golden State, and reportedly all members of the conservative Federalist Society) to the influential circuit."

Trump snubs Feinstein, Harris to nominate conservative judges to liberal 9th Circuit

So you're expecting a disaster except for the part where we now have two Trump-appointed originalist SC Justices?

Nothing President Trump does will change the mind of the hard-core Never-Trumpers I guess, just waiting for that gotcha moment when Trump puts a foot wrong.
originalist? except when it comes to the 4th amendment.

LOL

"
Presidents traditionally work with senators from judicial nominees' home state -- in this case, California -- to put forward judicial picks. They often seek what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion from those senators.

But in a snub to California Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, the White House announced Wednesday that Trump had nominated Patrick Bumatay, Daniel Collins and Kenneth Kiyul Lee (all from the Golden State, and reportedly all members of the conservative Federalist Society) to the influential circuit."

Good. Screw them! Maybe this will be the catalyst for them finally coming around to the idea of breaking up the 9th Circus.

Correct. I think a lot of folks are getting caught up in the longevity of RBG and forgetting that Roberts, Alito and Thomas are all "at that age" as well.
Not quite!

United States Supreme Court Justices

JusticeDate of BirthAppointed bySworn in
Brett Michael Kavanaugh
Served: 0 yr 0 mo

Clarence Thomas
Served: 26 yr 11 mo

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Served: 25 yr 1 mo

Stephen Breyer
Served: 24 yr 2 mo

John G. Roberts
Served: 13 yr 0 mo

Samuel A. Alito, Jr.
Served: 12 yr 8 mo

Sonia Sotomayor
Served: 9 yr 2 mo

Elena Kagan
Served: 8 yr 2 mo

Neil McGill Gorsuch
Served: 1 yr 6 mo

LOL

"

That one deserves 5 out of 5 laughing Emperor Trumps...

T6fJmdk.gif
T6fJmdk.gif
T6fJmdk.gif
T6fJmdk.gif

T6fJmdk.gif

Ocasio-Cortez: 'There's no debate' that fossil fuel production should stop

Democratic House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rallied an audience of supporters in Washington Thursday evening with calls to implement single-payer health care and tuition-free college – along with an appeal to stop fossil fuel production entirely.

Awesome. That will definitely work.

I don’t get how this is funny? Trump is a PR wild man but the economy is doing OK, we’re de-regulating to some extent and taxes got cut. I’m doing well enough so it’s all OK by me.
The economy is doing great. Coal mines reopening, steel mills starting back up. Better deals with Mexico and Canada.

Democratic House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rallied an audience of supporters in Washington Thursday evening with calls to implement single-payer health care and tuition-free college – along with an appeal to stop fossil fuel production entirely.

It just goes to show it's about sound bytes, not substance. That woman is dangerous. Every time I see her I think "they smile in your face but they blast you in the back".

A large group of witches is meeting in Brooklyn this month to place a curse on Judge Brett Kavanaugh “and upon all rapists and the patriarchy which emboldens, rewards and protects them.”

witches-640x480.jpg

Are WE the patriarchy (anyone who is male)? Or is that someone else?

Might need some counter warding to pull thru on this one!

AND, why aren't the witches ever young, nubile, and naked....like you see in the movies????

A large group of witches is meeting in Brooklyn this month to place a curse on Judge Brett Kavanaugh “and upon all rapists and the patriarchy which emboldens, rewards and protects them.”

So why not put a curse on rapists that keeps them from raping?

witches-640x480.jpg

Check out the neckbeard! You become a wizard if you make it to 35 and stay a virgin. Don't these fvktards realize that invoking magic for political ends is what brought the second coming of kek? This type of magic is supposed to be for worshiping trees and hypnotizing young girls to have secks with you. nice altar, too. Looks like it's a display case from a Sears going-out-of-business sale.

“This binding spell is open source, and may be modified to fit your preferred spiritual practice or magical system,” the site explains. What is critical is “the simultaneity of the working” as well as “the mass energy of participants.”

cringe

No they don't. They know he didn't do anything. This is just an excuse to behave badly against someone they were instructed to hate.

I am torn between this and mental illness. Lots of us are different on NES but they are 'half a bubble off plumb' to say the least.

I am torn between this and mental illness. Lots of us are different on NES but they are 'half a bubble off plumb' to say the least.

With just a few notable exceptions, people here (and generally on the right) are good, "regular" people that may argue a little too much over dumb things but will pitch in and help you out if you need it or just keep you in your thoughts if they know you're having a tough time. We didn't like the political environment for 8 out of the last 10 years (you know which ones) but nobody was facebooking endlessly asking for assassins or whatever to strike anyone down. The "right" is generally, good, decent folks.

The left... holy crap! Once in a while I go browse DU for kicks and they're absolutely INSANE...

RBG probably has nightmares of Trump pushing her off a cliff somewhere

She knows what happened to Scalia.

I say she'll pass or retire during the first quarter of 2019.

Die maybe, she won't retire unless a D gets elected POTUS first.

So she got to Washington on horseback?

Back
Top Bottom