• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Justice Department asks Supreme Court to overturn domestic violence gun ruling: people under a domestic violence restraining order retain their guns

While I don’t agree with a 5 yr old approach to insults and name calling I’ll engage. Yes if you have an RO for violence against your wife, indeed their should be a hold on your firearms. I don’t support men who beat their wives, not sure where you are on that. Now is the system perfect , no, never said it was. But just like you don’t take away all firearms because of school shootings, you should not allow people who have ROs for violence against their wives access to firearms.
I was careful not to name call. Asking you if you ate paint chips was a completely logical response to your non-logical post. You're missing the point, I'm not sure if its on purpose or you're just obtuse.

I do enjoy watching you continue to tell everyone who doesn't agree with you that they support men who beat women.

I was careful not to name call. Asking you if you ate paint chips was a completely logical response to your non-logical post. You're missing the point, I'm not sure if its on purpose or you're just obtuse.

I do enjoy watching you continue to tell everyone who doesn't agree with you that they support men who beat women.
Actually I’ve not said that. What I did say is you will not convince me to support a wife beater or give them a pass. See the difference? As for your comment, worded like a politician, it’s like me asking did you have sex with a lot of small farm animals when you were young? It’s insulting but with a twist.

Well wife beaters do not deserve to posses them due to their alleged violent behavior?

FIFY.

Here's the thing you're not getting (which astounds me, honestly): you don't seem to grasp that convictions require trials.

Question: do you support the notion that a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty? Y/N

FIFY.

Here's the thing you're not getting (which astounds me, honestly): you don't seem to grasp that convictions require trials.

Question: do you support the notion that a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty? Y/N
Would you support leaving a child with parents when there is abuse evidence and the child says they are being molested or would you say nah let’s wait until we get guilty verdict in a trial?

Would you support leaving a child with parents when there is abuse evidence and the child says they are being molested or would you say nah let’s wait until we get guilty verdict in a trial?

Stop with the strawmans, please. You're not good at this whole internet thing.

Yes or no?

Innocent until proven guilty?

Stop with the strawmans, please. You're not good at this whole internet thing.

Yes or no?

Innocent until proven guilty?
You asked a hypothetical and I asked one in return. You keep pushing the point that unless there is a trial and verdict of guilt a wife beater with an RO should not lose his rights to firearms. I’m asking a similar question but you want to babble the straw man phrase etc.

You asked a hypothetical and I asked one in return. You keep pushing the point that unless there is a trial and verdict of guilt a wife beater with an RO should not lose his rights to firearms. I’m asking a similar question but you want to babble the straw man phrase etc.

Well, no; I'm posting on point. You're not. We're not talking about abusive parents. We're talking about RKBA (which I support and you do not) and ROs (which you seem to be confusing with convictions).

Never mind. I was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. No need to reply; I'm clear about where you stand WRT 2A, and I believe everyone else is as well.

And
Well, no; I'm posting on point. You're not. We're not talking about abusive parents. We're talking about RKBA (which I support and you do not) and ROs (which you seem to be confusing with convictions).

Never mind. I was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. No need to reply; I'm clear about where you stand WRT 2A, and I believe everyone else is as well.
I’m talking about an abusive husband so we agree. Thanks

Filing a false RO should be a 10 year minimum felony, No plea out. If woman files a false RO during a divorce to get any kind of advantage she should lose all assets and custody and her and HER LAWYER should be charged with a 10 year minimum felony.

EDIT- the woman shouldn’t just lose custody…she should lose her parental rights! Gone! See-ya! Go trap another dude and get knocked up. Actually scratch that….she should be sterilized.

Best idea ever, which means it will never happen.

Best idea ever, which means it will never happen.
It is illegal, it is a fineable offense and does have the ability for the perjurious filer to stand trial and got to jail. Now in Mass that will likely not happen due to the AG and the revolving court door system that is in place.

Well wife beaters do not deserve to posses them due to their violent behavior?
So they deserve to have other weapons, just not guns? You sound like a cop lol

Are you against arresting the guy and just throw him in jail without trial to protect the wife?

Looking forward to your answer.

Last edited:
It is illegal, it is a fineable offense and does have the ability for the perjurious filer to stand trial and got to jail. Now in Mass that will likely not happen due to the AG and the revolving court door system that is in place.
It doesn’t and it won’t happen in any state not just MA.

The reason why I think you’re trolling is because you don’t make any sense whatsoever. You said repeatedly that the state is a revolving door in regards to the court system and how bad it is but yet you say oh well, the guys that get f***ed over by a bogus restraining order just go through the legal process and you’ll be fine cuz your innocent. If your not trolling you are a real piece of work.

Last edited:
Mr huntmaine, households that have the occupation of an LE officer are 2 to 4 times higher to suffer from domestic abuse. If a police officer assaults his wife at home and has a restraining order pulled on him do you believe that he should be able to show up to work and carry a gun to enforce the laws and serve the public? I believe in mass a police officer is able to do that, I think…I would love to hear your input on this.

Last edited:
Like I thought, when you're in over your head you change the subject.

Answer the question in my post
Who should be arrested the complainant or the person at the ER with an injury?

Which person would you trust those children from that abusive household with to be safe?

Actually I’ve not said that. What I did say is you will not convince me to support a wife beater or give them a pass. See the difference?
One of my MIL's best friends was an attorney who specialized in taking domestic relations (divorce) cases, always representing the women. Her Daughter took over the practice and was an avowed man-hater. I was present in their house when the Mother took a client call. This was before 209As were a "thing", but she was pushing the woman to get an RO.

I'm a retired municipal police officer and one of our academy instructors told us of a case where a woman obtained an RO and since the subject of the RO was a truck driver, she would be present each morning along with her daughter, each with a copy of said RO hanging off her neck and they would stand in the driveways to prevent the subject of the RO from legally passing them to get to work.

Fact in MA: A woman merely has to call the PD and claim that she feels "threatened" by a person, a judge is on call 24x7x365 and will authorize said RO. Per MGL that means instant confiscation of LTC/FID/guns/ammo/anything gun related that they want to take and turn it over to a bonded warehouse (@Rob Boudrie calls them a "thefthouse"), never to be seen again. This is all done ex parte. A hearing must be held within xx days (but the property is gone) and in probably 90+% of the cases, the RO is extended for a year. No judge wants to be accused of disallowing an RO and then something bad happens to the plaintiff. It is a political CYA.

I'm all for locking up someone convicted of abuse, however the system metes out the punishment before the person is even aware of an accusation. And it is used as a weapon/bargaining chip in many, too many divorce actions (and I personally know of one LEO who had it used against him, but his PD was well aware that the RO was BS, so he got everything back once he was cleared).
Even attorneys will admit that in almost every divorce action, both parties lie in court and could (but never would) be convicted of perjury.

And you are doubling down on giving a pass to wife beaters

again. still. Unless he's beating his wife with the butt end of a shotgun, taking his guns away won't help. Do they take his baseball bats, golf clubs, knives (kitchen or other), or other blunt or pointy objects (screwdriver was mentioned)? Can he still run her over with a car? Can he fly a plane into her house? Can he cut the brake lines on her car? Because there are many, many ways to hurt or kill oneself or others.

Like I thought, when you're in over your head you change the subject.

Answer the question in my post
Who should be arrested the complainant or the person at the ER with an injury?

Which person would you trust those children from that abusive household with to be safe?
Let’s see if he answers the question about a LEO with an RO on him and carrying a work gun.

again. still. Unless he's beating his wife with the butt end of a shotgun, taking his guns away won't help. Do they take his baseball bats, golf clubs, knives (kitchen or other), or other blunt or pointy objects (screwdriver was mentioned)? Can he still run her over with a car? Can he fly a plane into her house? Can he cut the brake lines on her car? Because there are many, many ways to hurt or kill oneself or others.
Do they restrain his hands?

This thread is starting to remind me of the well known aphorism:

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
"Never wrestle with a pig because you'll both get dirty and the pig likes it."
Geeorge Bernard Shaw

Back
Top Bottom