• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Justice Department asks Supreme Court to overturn domestic violence gun ruling: people under a domestic violence restraining order retain their guns

I agree with your statement. I’ve seen some abuse but more cases of women beaten to a pulp or worse this my opinion.
There are not more women being beaten to a pulp than fake restraining orders, not even close. Are you gonna answer the question about a law-enforcement officer beating his wife into a pulp and still being able to carry at work?

Last edited:
They are not more women being beaten to a pulp than fake restraining orders, not even close. Are you gonna answer the question about a law-enforcement officer beating his wife into a pulp and still being able to carry at work?

Honestly?

Even if there were?

It still shouldn't empower government to violate anyone's RKBA without due process. That's a tough pill to swallow, yes, but these are RIGHTS. There is no compromise on those.

Except in some peoples' minds.

Sorry, I don’t condone or support people who beat their wives.

No one here does, your nonsense logic is right up there with "if it only saves one life" or "you can't prove they didn't do it".

RO's aren't exclusively issued against people who beat their wives, in fact a valid argument can be made that more ROs are issued against people who never harmed their wives than those who did.

It is.
My sisters lawyer pushed it to point where my sister fired her because she wouldn't let up on it and just get down to the business of squaring away the paperwork .
That's all my sister wanted , she didn't hate the guy and they got along fine after till the day he passed away.
The bitch lawyer was more interested in destroying the guy's life than doing her job.

Same happened w/ my ex wife. After our first meeting w/ our lawyers she fired hers because her lawyer insisted on serving me w/ an RO. We ended up doing arbitration and then my lawyer drew up the agreement and she had another lawyer review. We live 2 miles away from each other, see each other weekly due to our kids, and we generally get along fine.

No one here does, your nonsense logic is right up there with "if it only saves one life" or "you can't prove they didn't do it".

RO's aren't exclusively issued against people who beat their wives, in fact a valid argument can be made that more ROs are issued against people who never harmed their wives than those who did.
Good for you, I really don’t care what you think.

1000%

I agree with your statement. I’ve seen some abuse but more cases of women beaten to a pulp or worse this my opinion.
If there is physical evidence, leave the guns (the victim may need them to defend herself, an RO won't stop bullets or a blade), and lock up the perp!!!

I met a homeless veteran that lost visitation rights to his kids because he was in federal prison (taxes, had owned a failed restaurant that he tried to save by dodging taxes trying to dig himself out debt) and couldn't appear on a court date set by a moron state judge. When he was released from federal custody and went back before the moron state judge to try and regain visitation rights, the state judge threw him in jail for his previous failure to appear. Judge gaveled in the proceedings, said "oh I remember you", immediately recessed, went to his chambers, walked back out with a bench warrant and had him taken into custody. "Because you are going back to jail for x months for failure to appear, your appeal is denied."

He didn't get to see his kids until they graduated high school and got away from mom & her new husband.
And people wonder why guys just snap.

While I don’t agree with a 5 yr old approach to insults and name calling I’ll engage. Yes if you have an RO for violence against your wife, indeed their should be a hold on your firearms. I don’t support men who beat their wives, not sure where you are on that. Now is the system perfect , no, never said it was. But just like you don’t take away all firearms because of school shootings, you should not allow people who have ROs for violence against their wives access to firearms.
Legit RO's vs B.S. ones are probably ten to one on the B.S. side .
F*ck all those people though , right ?

Sure there are rare cases but you can’t convince me to support or condone people who beat their wives
People have tried to tell you that it's pretty much standard procedure in any divorce case now .
I could literally come up with dozens just in my personal experience , but you seem to not listen , so I have to assume your just trolling for sport.

And people wonder why guys just snap.
I don't know how a judge can set a date for a court appearance and punish someone for not showing up, when it is known that the person cannot appear because they are incarcerated by another jurisdiction that won't allow them to appear on a whim. I've heard that this has occasionally happened to deployed service members, but that there's some legal protections in that circumstance?

You asked a hypothetical and I asked one in return. You keep pushing the point that unless there is a trial and verdict of guilt a wife beater with an RO should not lose his rights to firearms. I’m asking a similar question but you want to babble the straw man phrase etc.
Children do not lie and have no reason to lie regards molestation. Women wives girlfriends or in your case boyfriends , do lie about getting abused as it serves as great purpose.

Many people dealing with the district and/or probate courts are pro se and often get blindsided by what someone else alleges or what the court says in order to assert its authority. It's kind of like gaslighting.
It takes a seasoned lawyer to anticipate this stuff and even they get surprised from time to time. Unfortunately for male gun owners biases significantly affect what happens in these courts and MANY of the judges, clerk's, probation staff, and advocates are college educated women who we know lean very left. Also, let's remember the courts are intimately connected to law schools which are struggling with leftists taking them over. DEI is now embedded in the courts.

You can think of RO's and Red Flags as statutes in the fabric of law that are akin to viruses in computer software. They are made to disrupt and break down the social fabric of society. It is intentional.

There are parallels in the medical system which are tearing it apart. The oxycontin scam, various psychiatric drugs which have no scientific testing, to what is being realized with the jab. Intentional.

The system (the Republic) starts to unravel from within by black art cloaked in "well meaning". It escapes the initial sniff test, once embedded is hard to ferret out. Intentional.

Hunt Maine, opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Yours is extra large. Long ago, some very enlightened men took it upon themselves to resolve these questions with fundamental rules outlined in the Bill of Rights. Anyone who cares about the integrity of society need only refer to that document to correct a misconception in their thinking. The development of that plain text still exists if you care to dig further.

I gotta admit I'm conflicted on this one

I was the guy who had his (former) wife call the police and say I hit her just to get me out of the house....oddly enough I wasn't even the same room.
The police were there for all of two minutes, started questioning her motives and constantly changing details and she recanted.

That was the last time I ever saw her outside of a court room. If she hadn't backed off and decided to file the RO my life would be different.
The one thing I always remember with her single friends is she was the first one to recommend they go down the court and get an order when a relationship went south if a guy just called back after he was asked to stop.

So yeah, it's horribly abused.

By the same token, that same women (off her meds) was hauled out of the house in cuffs years before and had an RO against her and I wouldn't want her to get anywhere near a firearm, or a drink or drug.

What sucks its impossible to tell who the psycho is.
The solution here, although not an absolute solution, would be to severely punish those that lie to get a RO.

But that can also bring other problems.

Until a good solution is found, the State shouldn't f*ck with your rights.

I know I posted this in the MGTOW thread but………Hey HuntMaine, this is how they act before guys like you show up at the door…

View: https://youtu.be/-XZyHBwwVSM

She threatens to tell the cops he touched the kids over the wifi password.
Imagine what she'd do if there was a real life issue ?
He's just love to take someone's rights away on the word of that nutbag.
She's not even close to the worst I've seen either.

Back
Top Bottom