Just got back from Trap shooting ...1st time...

Man, that was a blast...literally...it was the first time I had ever shot trap and I have never shot skeet. It was the most fun you could have with your clothes on. Awesome! Can't wait to go again!

yeah soon enough you'll be looking at $3K+ trap guns

KP, dont scare him away!

I do OK with my old Browning A5. The most important thing is FIT. If it doesn't fit you, $$$ won't help.

Besides, if he saves money on the gun he can get more ammo and shoot more rounds.[smile]

Not sure where you're located, but Southborough Rod & Gun will be shooting on Sunday...

www.srgclub.com

And weclome to the addiction![grin]

haha seems like I am not the only one that caught the bug...I am on the south shore. I was using my mossberg 500a with an 18" barrel, it was awesome!

Me too! I shot trap for the first time this morning too! It was fun. Then I shot skeet for the third time, and first time in two years, then for the trifecta, we went to the rifle range, shot an M4, M1 Garand and 10/22.

If I go to my local indoor range, I could shoot pistols tonight and have a Grand Slam.

Sporting clays is the next logical progression. Its like golf with guns - but much cooler than golf [wink]

I have done skeet, trap, and clays, and find that clays is the most fun for me. Plus, with clays the presentations of targets changes on a regular basis. If you have the chance - try Addiville Farm in RI (close to the MA border). They change their laucher trajectories often so that every time you go you get a different challenge....

Welcome to the over-under club (even if you dont have an O/U yet)

If you have the chance - try Addiville Farm in RI (close to the MA border). They change their laucher trajectories often so that every time you go you get a different challenge....

CHALLENGE is right. I love shooting at Addieville, it's a beautiful location and they really do sporting clays right. The shots are HARD though. I really need to try some other places. My club shoots clays, I just haven't made it there for some reason. Might have something to do with it usually being early in the morning on Saturdays. They run Sunday afternoons during hunting season, maybe I'll go out this weekend.

I waited a month. Any good places to try Sporting Clays on the Northeast side of Mass?

If it is not raining tomorrow then come down to the MRA for 5 stand. Kind of like sporting clays and trap in that there are 3 different presentations taken from 5 stations. 1 High and dropping, L to R and R to L Skeet style shot on report, in coming and out going at the same time.

If the weather is bad then they will probably just shoot the clays field. The only time they do not shoot is when it is pouring rain. Open to all who want to come. Shot can be purchased at the range as it is steel shot only. Starts at 10am and goes to about noon.

Man, that was a blast...literally...it was the first time I had ever shot trap and I have never shot skeet. It was the most fun you could have with your clothes on. Awesome! Can't wait to go again!

congrats!

i shot trap, officially, for my first time last sunday. i see it becoming an addiction rather quickly! [laugh]

Westford looks awesome, I have been trying to get out there for ever. They have a 18 station course with tons of presentations. For the south shore Plymouth and Pembroke gun clubs have decent set ups. Pembroke is 5 stand with multiple machines.
Trap is fun, skeet is ok, but I find it a tougher group. almost feel like the newbies are in the way. Trap, my god guys practically throw their guns at you"go ahead try it, get up there" Sporting is just plain fun, I shhot sporting just to have fun. I take trap a bit more seriously. I shot ATA registered targets. My first year I won my class and some money which got me hooked. I have been shooting less since my daughter was born but still make it to the mass state shoot, and the holbrook shoots. I just like shooting over there in holbrook ATA events.

Back
Top Bottom