• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just found out my Utah Non-res license is no good in NV

TZCHRIS

NES Member
Got my Utah license in Mass 4 years ago and also had my Mass LTC. (I was a legal Mass resident)

I have since moved to Nevada and have a resident Nevada Drivers License. I also notified Utah of my address change.
During my purchase yesterday in Nevada I find out, because I no longer have a valid CCW license in a state that I reside my Utah license is not recognized in Nevada.
This was news to me and have been carrying concealed here for 2 years, I was good to go with MA LTC and MA Drivers License, but not after I got a Nevada DL
You can open carry here with just DL but need a Nevada CCW to conceal if you are a Nevada resident.
The good news was I didnt need it to purchase anyway, but if you have a Nevada permit you dont need to pay $25 background fee.
I did confirm all this with the FFL and current Nevada laws.

I dont know all the other states laws but this may be helpful for anyone in MA who has a Utah Non-Res and moves out of state, dont assume you are good to go.

Your non-res Utah License is absolutely good here if you have a concealed permit in the state you reside!

i was wondering when we'd hear something like this. no one's really put that utah non resident thru it's paces.

Don’t ask, don’t tell. The second amendment is your carry permit. If anyone suggests otherwise, it’s go time!

Back
Top Bottom