Just an FYI......they’re coming after the ammo

Count on it. That or some other out-of-thin-air enforcement notice-type thing.

Time to start making friendly contact with your legislators if you aren’t already in touch so they know who you are when you want something from them. It probably won’t help but it probably won’t hurt either.

View attachment 295509

Long day, not reading through the thread. What is Her position on the RMV and the people who lost their lives because of the failure of the the RMV? But yes, gun violence out of state. Let’s get busy!!

Concealed carry permit is not required to purchase or possess any firearms in TN. Man, the Massachusetts brain poisoning is strong. o_O

Tennessee Gun Laws: What You Need to Know - Pew Pew Tactical
Post from September 30, 2017 is no longer relevant since the laws have changed, but thanks for playing:) Just in case you don't like the USACarry link, here's the official STATE site:
Qualifications & Requirements

Congrats. Be sure to sell any of your pre Healeyban AR lower(s) before you leave, to some deserving person, at a hopefully non-rapy price
Sold the two I had a while back. Currently listing my WASR/AK package for sale here: WTS - Pre-Healy BS WASR/AK, mags, ammo, total package!

Stock up on components and learn to reload the calibers that run low during the bad times (.22lr you may as well buy some bulk) I have reloaded every single 9mm , .223, .38, .45acp and .357 cartridge I have and like to keep 3k - 5k of bullets beyond that for each caliber.
If it sounds like a lot, multiply by 5x and then you will start getting into the correct range.
My detached garage is 28'x30', one of the second phase projects is setting up reloading for everything I shoot. Or maybe in the walkout basement, we'll see... Lady Radtekk is on board but feels a kitchen and bathroom are priorities. But reloading equipment is DEFINITELY on the list.

Last edited:
Post from September 30, 2017 is no longer relevant since the laws have changed, but thanks for playing:) Just in case you don't like the USACarry link, here's the official STATE site:
Qualifications & Requirements

Maybe we are talking about two different things. You've posted a couple of times about the requirements for obtaining a concealed carry permit, which I understand. But in your first post, I thought you were referring to purchasing a fiream in Tennessee. There is no permit requirement to purchase or possess in TN. You only need the permit to carry on your person.

but no purchase w/o TN paper. So I can carry but not buy until I take the class

Kamala Harris per the article:
You can be in favor of the Second Amendment and also understand that there is no reason in a civil society that we have assault weapons around communities that can kill babies and police officers.
Babies and police officers? [rolleyes]

Maybe we are talking about two different things. You've posted a couple of times about the requirements for obtaining a concealed carry permit, which I understand. But in your first post, I thought you were referring to purchasing a fiream in Tennessee. There is no permit requirement to purchase or possess in TN. You only need the permit to carry on your person.

I guess I'll find out for sure once I arrive. I know they honor ANY "facially valid" licence from other states, and that I have 6 months to get a TN License. They changed the law recently to include an "Enhanced" concealed license granting more "rights" which apparently goes into effect 1/1/20. Private sales apparently require nothing more than the recommendation for a "Bill of Sale", but I haven't been able to find any retail information. A 4473 is going to be required for retail, that much I found, but can't find anything specific to a license requirement either way on the 4 or 5 store sites I checked. We'll see...

I guess I'll find out for sure once I arrive. I know they honor ANY "facially valid" licence from other states, and that I have 6 months to get a TN License. They changed the law recently to include an "Enhanced" concealed license granting more "rights" which apparently goes into effect 1/1/20. Private sales apparently require nothing more than the recommendation for a "Bill of Sale", but I haven't been able to find any retail information. A 4473 is going to be required for retail, that much I found, but can't find anything specific to a license requirement either way on the 4 or 5 store sites I checked. We'll see...
I would be interesting to find out the facts on the ground for sure. They do have some weird laws on possession, although they passed a more broad exception for handguns in cars back in 2014. Basically carry is prohibited except in a vehicle, the way I understand it. But I think you are GTG for purchase and keeping it in your home without any permit.

It seems like you would need a permit to do anything useful with a gun in TN, at least without getting hassled.

Everyone knows you need an AK or an AR
to kill babies and police officers. I hear that
they’re immune to revolvers, pistols and
bolt action rifle‘s. Not to mention shotguns.

Kamala Harris per the article:
"You can be in favor of the Second Amendment and also understand that there is no reason in a civil society that we have assault weapons around communities that can kill babies and police officers."

Babies and police officers? [rolleyes]

What she REFUSES to understand is, it is the guns in the hands of good people that keep society civil.....and protected from maniacal, narcissistic tyrants like her.

They have no idea how funny their fixation on one rifle is.
I wish the industry would decide to change the name of the AR 15. Over night, everyone stops selling AR 15 and call them something different like HR 16 (Hunting Rifle 16).

That would drive them crazy

Edit: spelling mistakes.

Last edited:
I wish the industry would decide to change the name of the AR 15. Over night, everyone stops selling AR 15 and call them something different like HR 16 (Hunting Rifle 16).

That would drive them crazy.

Then call it "The Kitten".
No one wants to ban kittens...

iu

Then call it "The Kitten".
No one wants to ban kittens...

iu
YES!!!

It would be the biggest troll. Not only that, just like the Yeet Cannon, it would be huge for marketing.

Politicians would refuse to call it "The Kitten" so they will continue to call it AR 15. To which the industry can reply "We dont sell AR 15 anymore".

Then follow with "they want to ban Kittens"

Stock up on components and learn to reload the calibers that run low during the bad times (.22lr you may as well buy some bulk) I have reloaded every single 9mm , .223, .38, .45acp and .357 cartridge I have and like to keep 3k - 5k of bullets beyond that for each caliber.
If it sounds like a lot, multiply by 5x and then you will start getting into the correct range.
THIS!! While everyone is limited by what TSUSA has or doesn't have, you can be cranking out ammo at your house.

We know just what they want to do. "Ban AR15 ammo"? They know that the AR can be had in calibers from .22 lr to .50 bmg. The most popular is the 5.56/ .223 Rem Which is used in a lot of other sporting rifles. Also, many other sporting rifles use all the calibers that the AR uses. Their goal is to ban all ammo from.22lr to .50 bmg. And, of course, all semi rifles. However, they will try to go too far and it won't fly. Jack.

We know just what they want to do. "Ban AR15 ammo"? They know that the AR can be had in calibers from .22 lr to .50 bmg. The most popular is the 5.56/ .223 Rem Which is used in a lot of other sporting rifles. Also, many other sporting rifles use all the calibers that the AR uses. Their goal is to ban all ammo from.22lr to .50 bmg. And, of course, all semi rifles. However, they will try to go too far and it won't fly. Jack.

The worst part is is that none of these turds even know what “semi-automatic” means.

Right? If AR's were used as abortion tools, we would all have to have one... Mandatory.

What she REFUSES to understand is, it is the guns in the hands of good people that keep society civil.....and protected from maniacal, narcissistic tyrants like her.
I'm sure she understands it but it doesn't support her agenda.

Very Jelly...

We just closed today, certified check in the mail to the title company. House in Tennessee is ours. PLEASE GOD just let the full-on insanity take two more months to set in until I get down there. The absolute FIRST thing I'm going to do when we arrive is place an ammo order, the second is make my appointment for the CC class to get my TN License. They honor valid out-of-state licenses on spec, but no purchase w/o TN paper. So I can carry but not buy until I take the class. I should be walking in to Bud's a month after I arrive and melting my Amex. I'll be 22 miles from Bud's Gun Shop and a couple of mouse clicks from TSUSA. I plan to make REAL good friends with the FedEx guy...

Back
Top Bottom