Just an FYI......they’re coming after the ammo

Buy it cheap and stack it deep. NOW!

Remember years ago(2013??) when 5.56 was selling for almost $1/round some places if you could find it and panic buying was in full swing? .22LR was almost nowhere to be had, store shelves were empty for years.

Buy it until it hurts, then buy more.

We just closed today, certified check in the mail to the title company. House in Tennessee is ours. PLEASE GOD just let the full-on insanity take two more months to set in until I get down there. The absolute FIRST thing I'm going to do when we arrive is place an ammo order, the second is make my appointment for the CC class to get my TN License. They honor valid out-of-state licenses on spec, but no purchase w/o TN paper. So I can carry but not buy until I take the class. I should be walking in to Bud's a month after I arrive and melting my Amex. I'll be 22 miles from Bud's Gun Shop and a couple of mouse clicks from TSUSA. I plan to make REAL good friends with the FedEx guy...

They have no idea how funny their fixation on one rifle is.
Baby steps. They didn't forget anything. Fudds sleep through this shit and will not care until their one shot 12ga. or over/under
Is melted down to make a statue of liz warrens teepee.

It wouldn't surprise me if MA pulls the same background check crap for ammo that they do in CA.

Count on it. That or some other out-of-thin-air enforcement notice-type thing.

Time to start making friendly contact with your legislators if you aren’t already in touch so they know who you are when you want something from them. It probably won’t help but it probably won’t hurt either.

27D6C5D3-C05E-4EC2-9A3E-DEB8712CD658.jpeg

That's what my wife uses for home defense. Stainless Ranch Rifle with FID legal 10 round magazines.

Get her a shotgun. A Remington 870, or a Mossberg 590, or a 590A1 and a knox, recoil reducing, stock. Then get her some 00 buck. A lazer sight, wouldn't be a bad idea, while you're at it.
In case you're wondering, the knox stock really does work. I have one on my older, Remington 870 police model. The recoil reduction really is amazing.

Last edited:
Buy it cheap and stack it deep. NOW!

Remember years ago(2013??) when 5.56 was selling for almost $1/round some places if you could find it and panic buying was in full swing? .22LR was almost nowhere to be had, store shelves were empty for years.

Buy it until it hurts, then buy more.

I have good stock on hand of every caliber I shoot. I reload 9mm since that's the caliber I shoot the most of, and I'm building a stock of of primers and powder for that. Contemplating which other calibers I ought to be loading...

I remember people standing in line at the front door of Dick's and almost running to the back counter to queue to to buy a single box of .22. Because it was the only game in town. It happened before, it could certainly happen again.

It happened before, it could certainly happen again.
Oh, it will happen again someday (hopefully, not in my remaining lifetime). People's memories are short. There will be another leftist DimoCRAP anti-2A president someday and there will be another "good crisis" that the Dims will not want to let go to waste. You can count on it. [thinking]

House in Tennessee is ours.

I plan to make REAL good friends with the FedEx guy...

And Hickok45. If you live in Tenn you have to try and get into a video. Send him an email, tell him where you are from and why you moved. Maybe he will let you shoot his full auto Colt.
Make sure to include some of your wedding pics. No one can resist a bride with a 357.

I remember the last ammo drought too well. I have a pic on my phone of a sleeve of CCI mini mags with a price sticker of $14.99. That shop is long gone but people were buying it. I also recall giving two boxes of 9mm to a coworker who had just purchased his first pistol but couldn't find ammo. It was like Christmas morning for him. And then there was the Walmart ammo mega thread, I read that thing all the time. Nothing sounds sweeter than my wife saying, "a package arrived. It's heavy. Don't you have enough ammo?"

I remember the last ammo drought too well. I have a pic on my phone of a sleeve of CCI mini mags with a price sticker of $14.99. That shop is long gone but people were buying it. I also recall giving two boxes of 9mm to a coworker who had just purchased his first pistol but couldn't find ammo. It was like Christmas morning for him. And then there was the Walmart ammo mega thread, I read that thing all the time. Nothing sounds sweeter than my wife saying, "a package arrived. It's heavy. Don't you have enough ammo?"
I bought a POS derringer during that because it came with 2000 rounds of 22. Figured at $225 I got a bargain. As to "enough" I once made the comment that I had enough of some caliber and Lady Radtekk asked "you bought all they had?".

...the second is make my appointment for the CC class to get my TN License. They honor valid out-of-state licenses on spec, but no purchase w/o TN paper. So I can carry but not buy until I take the class.

Please explain more fully. No handgun purchase without a CCW license in TN?

We just closed today, certified check in the mail to the title company. House in Tennessee is ours. PLEASE GOD just let the full-on insanity take two more months to set in until I get down there. The absolute FIRST thing I'm going to do when we arrive is place an ammo order, the second is make my appointment for the CC class to get my TN License. They honor valid out-of-state licenses on spec, but no purchase w/o TN paper. So I can carry but not buy until I take the class. I should be walking in to Bud's a month after I arrive and melting my Amex. I'll be 22 miles from Bud's Gun Shop and a couple of mouse clicks from TSUSA. I plan to make REAL good friends with the FedEx guy...

What area of TN?

Count on it. That or some other out-of-thin-air enforcement notice-type thing.

Time to start making friendly contact with your legislators if you aren’t already in touch so they know who you are when you want something from them. It probably won’t help but it probably won’t hurt either.

View attachment 295509

That's right Maura, just keep enacting law by yourself...

What ammo?

382px-Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg

"No Gun, or Knife, or axe is nearly as dangerous as the Determined Man who wields them with malice or self-preservation as his first consideration..."
~Enbloc

I guess "ammo" can be part of the above statement.

Few "things" kill people. But "People" is at the very top of that list...
Ban People.

Congrats. Be sure to sell any of your pre Healeyban AR lower(s) before you leave, to some deserving person, at a hopefully non-rapy price

It would be except that “AR15s” ends up being most semi autos when they start writing laws.

Watch the next shooter use a Tavor. The city dwellers of this country will have their eyes opened as to the wonderful variety of rifles available out there.

Gavin Long killed 3 cops and wounded 3 more with a Tavor. It didn't seem to interest the media, probably cause he was black, that killed the story.

Stock up on components and learn to reload the calibers that run low during the bad times (.22lr you may as well buy some bulk) I have reloaded every single 9mm , .223, .38, .45acp and .357 cartridge I have and like to keep 3k - 5k of bullets beyond that for each caliber.
If it sounds like a lot, multiply by 5x and then you will start getting into the correct range.

Back
Top Bottom