• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

July 4th Thoughts

This weekend is the July 4th Holiday - celebrating America's Declaration of Independence. It's also my birthday, which as a Brit living in the USA since 1993 always gave me a strange feeling. However, this year is the third birthday / July 4th holiday I will celebrate as an American Citizen. I find it hard to put into words the sense of pride I have at being part of this great nation - I should have become a citizen earlier. I have my American wife to thank for nudging me out of Green Card complacency in order to be able to be a full member of this country - by voting and exercising my rights as a citizen.

One of those rights is enshrined in the Second Amendment - a right to keep and bear arms as befitting of a free nation of free people. As a proud American, I will defend that right to my last breath.

I know we have many detractors in the world today who are only too happy to see America struggle. It matters not - we are a great nation and we will always bounce back, one way or another.

How do I plan to celebrate my birthday and the birthday of our nation? I will be exercising my civil liberties by putting some lead downrange!!!

God Bless America!!!

amen to that if you have time and there is a intrest read what happened to all those who put names on the paper we best not forget it takes alot of red in the flag to bring the white and blue out happy brithday to you sir and to us.

This weekend is the July 4th Holiday - celebrating America's Declaration of Independence. It's also my birthday, which as a Brit living in the USA since 1993 always gave me a strange feeling. However, this year is the third birthday / July 4th holiday I will celebrate as an American Citizen. I find it hard to put into words the sense of pride I have at being part of this great nation - I should have become a citizen earlier. I have my American wife to thank for nudging me out of Green Card complacency in order to be able to be a full member of this country - by voting and exercising my rights as a citizen.

One of those rights is enshrined in the Second Amendment - a right to keep and bear arms as befitting of a free nation of free people. As a proud American, I will defend that right to my last breath.

I know we have many detractors in the world today who are only too happy to see America struggle. It matters not - we are a great nation and we will always bounce back, one way or another.

How do I plan to celebrate my birthday and the birthday of our nation? I will be exercising my civil liberties by putting some lead downrange!!!

God Bless America!!!

Happy Birthday my friend. very well said.

I think those of us, like me, born into US citizenship will never have the full understanding and appreciation for what that means in the same way that immigrants do. I'm proud to have you and others like you as fellow citizens. If there are any freedom loving people left where you came from, I'd be proud to have them to. From what I read in the news, if there are, they're in a similar situation to us here in MA, but far worse.

Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday sweetie and have a wonderful Independence Day!!

Happy Birthday!

I consider myself blessed that my son also shares the same birthday with you.

Independence Day is the most important holiday we Americans celebrate. Without Independence Day we have no Christmas, no Easter, no Passover, no Kwanzaa, no Ramadan. Without Independence Day we cannot freely speak our minds to one another here, exercise our right of self-defense, assemble peaceably, or partake in elections that truly change the face of our Nation - for better, or worse.

This is my favorite day of the year, and the only party we throw at my home. It is more important that any other day. Especially in times like this when our civil liberties are encroached upon from all sides on a seemingly daily basis.

So lets all celebrate it properly... by drinking, swearing, making a fire, praying, shooting, not shooting, blowing up little chunks of this free land we've been blessed with, or just hanging out at home quietly with family.

God bless all, - I love this land more than life itself. [grin]

Fixed those for you guys.

(Hey, you don't wish folks "Happy December 25th", do you?) Let's remember exactly what the day is about!

Last edited:
Happy birthday, & glad to have you here. [smile] I'll also be doing some shooting, & re-reading my copy of The Constitution.

Happy B-Day !! My stepdad and I usually make a big day out of the 4th, this year, him, my wife and I plan on making our own fireworks go off this year at the range too! From my wife and I to you, thanks for loving this country as much as the rest of us on NES do. Shoot safe!

Back
Top Bottom