Judiciary Hearing

GOAL

NES Member
Well folks, for those of you who attended the hearing yesterday thank you for showing your support and stopping by to say hi. Unfortunately our panel John Hohen Warter (NRA), Jake McGuigan (NSSF) and myself waited for 5 1/2 hours and never got to testify on behalf of our members. We did turn in written testimony before we left.

The series of events yesterday was not completely unexpected and now everyone should know why I don't try to "rally" the troops to attend these hearings. It is difficult to ask members to take a day off from work to have to wait most of the day only to not get the chance to be heard. Then even if you do, for only two or three minutes. Your time is much better being used to make the personal contacts with your legisaltors.

Thanks for all the support that NES has given in fighting these issues.

Monday we move on to the Regulatory hearings.

Thanks Jim, and everyone at GOAL, as well as those who attended. It's nice to know we have such a dedicated "Band of Brothers/Sisters". I sleep at night because I have my 2A rights, I sleep better at night because I know I have people looking out for my 2A rights while I am asleep. Thanks guy's and gal's.[grin]

Thanks, Jim I saw you guys there. It just wanted to puke a few times at how they operate.

The days of standing by and letting others fight for us are gone. We need to all get off our buts and start being pains in the ass. Just keep letting us know what to do and we will keep doing it (just like last time only better!).

Thanks Jim - you need to know we all appreciate what GOAL does for the members - and none members alike. Folks reading this who are not GOAL members - you should be ashamed of yourselves for not supporting the folks who fight for us at the state level.

Get off the fence and join!

The series of events yesterday was not completely unexpected and now everyone should know why I don't try to "rally" the troops to attend these hearings. It is difficult to ask members to take a day off from work to have to wait most of the day only to not get the chance to be heard. Then even if you do, for only two or three minutes. Your time is much better being used to make the personal contacts with your legisaltors..

Nonsense. The Transgenders got the press and headlines we two phrases:

• gun violence
    [*]proposal to reduce gun trafficking

http://www.metro.us/us/article/2009/07/15/03/4530-72/index.xml

(thank you for your efforts though, I'm not knocking you)

Nonsense. The Transgenders got the press and headlines we two phrases:

• gun violence
    [*]proposal to reduce gun trafficking

http://www.metro.us/us/article/2009/07/15/03/4530-72/index.xml

(thank you for your efforts though, I'm not knocking you)

I have to agree with clinotus on this one. I realize that there is a lot of frustration to be had here, but they were in the room in force. So were the nurses. We were barely in the room. The one guy who spoke for us made it out to be about jobs. Had we turned out in force yesterday unannounced in advance, nothing would have likely been different. But it appears that a lot of people who were called were blessed by the committee members. They knew they were getting called. Hell, the speaker knew where to look for most of the people.

Why don't we agree to turn out in force for one of these, get a committee member like Lew something or other who seems to want to make sure we know he supports us shepherd a group of us out there. Someone just said we can all show up in GOAL hats (in another thread) and maybe even goal shirts. It is time we start becoming more vocal as a group. Jim can only do so much both as an individual and as a lobbyist. We need to better support your work, with our own presence in these events. But I agree, it can't be haphazard. We need a plan. Is there a plan that we can reasonably put together for one of these to execute? Am I right that the people who got to speak were pre-ordained? What can we do more of? You mentioned yesterday about panels. Maybe we can show up more organized and sign up for a panel.

I have to agree with clinotus on this one. I realize that there is a lot of frustration to be had here, but they were in the room in force. So were the nurses. We were barely in the room. The one guy who spoke for us made it out to be about jobs. Had we turned out in force yesterday unannounced in advance, nothing would have likely been different. But it appears that a lot of people who were called were blessed by the committee members. They knew they were getting called. Hell, the speaker knew where to look for most of the people.

Why don't we agree to turn out in force for one of these, get a committee member like Lew something or other who seems to want to make sure we know he supports us shepherd a group of us out there. Someone just said we can all show up in GOAL hats (in another thread) and maybe even goal shirts. It is time we start becoming more vocal as a group. Jim can only do so much both as an individual and as a lobbyist. We need to better support your work, with our own presence in these events. But I agree, it can't be haphazard. We need a plan. Is there a plan that we can reasonably put together for one of these to execute? Am I right that the people who got to speak were pre-ordained? What can we do more of? You mentioned yesterday about panels. Maybe we can show up more organized and sign up for a panel.

+1

Imagine 600-1000 People with Orange ribbons (or whatever) that would of been covered in the press and Jim would of got his turn on the Mic!

A few years ago, about 250 people showed up at the RI Statehouse regarding a major gun control bill. While very few spoke, I passed out large yellow buttons that had "Prosecute Criminals not Firearms" printed on them. I'm sure the visual of a sea of yellow buttons spoke loud and clear.

A few years ago, about 250 people showed up at the RI Statehouse regarding a major gun control bill. While very few spoke, I passed out large yellow buttons that had "Prosecute Criminals not Firearms" printed on them. I'm sure the visual of a sea of yellow buttons spoke loud and clear.

Got any more of those?

I remember when we packed the state house from floor to floor.I went every yr and stayed all day.I told my boss I was going and I went.Mike was there and Nancy and all the rest.the mere sight of 5000 people made quite an impression believe me.the western part of stated bused their people in.

Back
Top Bottom