• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

At the Worcester State hearing on gun control.

If Mr. Day, and the rest really care about safety, they should

1. Implement the NRA Eddie Eagle program in every single grade, in every single school in America - public and private. Repeat the training every single year in K-12.

2. For the older kids, implement basic gun safety classes, and gun handling classes, so if one of their friends finds a gun, and starts acting unsafely, the trained kid can direct the other to keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, keep fingers off triggers, and if he knows how to handle that type of firearm, safely unload it.

It's what I'm going to say when I show up at Greenfield.
We could start with this one thing that's already on the books:

When was the last time any politician mentioned this one?
If I understand correctly, the law passed in '98. So maybe '99?

Honestly, I thought I remembered Baker or Patrick declaring it once, but haven't been able to find a reference.

Best I'm finding is this FOIA'ed letter:

and our own (very short) thread from around the same time:

Quick story... I was at the gun range down here near Charlotte in 2020, a place called Eagles. anyhow a bunch of non mask during wearing black men and women are shooting.. I talk to them outside the range and they reminded me that "People up north" think black people don't carry guns and all vote Democrat.

"Listening tours".. WTF is this... its about control... how about a listening tour about how Fentanyl has decimated at least ONE person you may know of's family.. Hell I'd even settle for a lefty listening tour on extreme rising rents and housing prices and how the working class is borderline homeless in many cases.... even that would be "more productive".

Who is that old hag cop? looks like he is about to stroke out.... I'm gonna send a link to the local sheriff down here so they can laugh at this non sense..

I'm also still pissed at the former Dudley Police Chief (former president of MA police chiefs association)... for pushing red flag stuff. Women go crazy,, families go crazy.. some one may not like you... there shouldn't be a "Board of guns".. and not a license for a right.. look at it this way.. Travis Redking and other people multiple systems have failed them.

Also many many more women into guns down here in NC. maybe not as much as we are.. but they are down here.
I do not know anyone who had their family reduced by 10% as a result of Fentanyl. I know people who have had devastating losses in their family, but no one that has been decimated.

I do not know anyone who had their family reduced by 10% as a result of Fentanyl. I know people who have had devastating losses in their family, but no one that has been decimated.
Very good point. It does happen... but it would be a very extreme and rare case. Probably to the point other causes of death over time like old age.

Back
Top Bottom