Join the GLOCK SIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danrk6- yes, you are certainly correct, any gun "can" blow up. I've seen +P+ loads have head case separations in a G34 with no issues to the gun... other than difficulty getting the case out of the gun. I've seen Remington squibs, so I would't be surprised if that was a double charge... and if it wasn't your G21 how can we verify it was a factory round?

Danrk6- yes, you are certainly correct, any gun "can" blow up. I've seen +P+ loads have head case separations in a G34 with no issues to the gun... other than difficulty getting the case out of the gun. I've seen Remington squibs, so I would't be surprised if that was a double charge... and if it wasn't your G21 how can we verify it was a factory round?

A fair point Sir [wink]

Although I did consider replying with "Didn't you know, everything you find on the internet must be true!"

Last edited:
I love my Glock. My favorite handgun by far. Never in 8 years with my G22 have I ever had a problem. I used to carry it for work and now just take it to the range. Never once a jam or any other problems.

There's no need to speculate, there have been well documented factory ammo KBs on Glocks, but I'd still say they're probably in the minority.

Further, it is WAY more difficult to blow up a 9mm Glock than it is a .40 or a .45, overall. 9mms are the "least vulnerable" and least likely Glocks to KB; The .40s are the most likely, after that, .45. The 9mms also don't blow up as spectacularly, either.

That said, your odds of hitting the powerball are probably still better than having a Glock KB on you, under normal circumstances with non-crappy ammo, with a properly maintained gun.

Even Clark Magnuson has a hard time blowing up Glocks, and he tries to do it on purpose. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
Well... one thing that some people argue about all the time is weather or not you can use lead in the Glock barrel. I can't recall the article but the conclusion was that using lead in a Glock barrel WILL cause excessive pressure and possible Kabooms. If you don't heed that advice, which we know people don't, then the results shouldn't be surprising.

FYI- I've used .45, .40 and 9mm Glocks quite a bit but I don't use cannon loads. I guess I should cross my fingers.. at least while I still have them.

I shot my "new" (MA, so new to me) glock last night for the first time and really enjoyed it. I'm new to the glock crowd, but I definitely don't have any complaints.

I love my Glocks. I have a 21 and a 34. Both are accurate as hell and fit my hand better than any gun I've ever shot. I have spider fingers, maybe that's why? I'm not "attached" to Glocks though, and don't get into Glock-wars defending them. I also love my Sigs. (and my S&Ws)

Thankfully no, I don't even own a Glock [laugh]

This is the place I found the images and the story AR15.com:
Clicky Clicky

These are also from that same thread. I'm looking hard, but I don't see any Glocks here.

2621u6s.jpg

11qlj4z.jpg

19atrn.jpg

n32qrk.jpg

2lbm6gn.jpg

These are also from that same thread. I'm looking hard, but I don't see any Glocks here.

The pic I posted is most definitely a Glock, G37. It is a little less than half way down the first page.

Isn't there already another glock love/hate thread on the board. Not to mention the ten thousand previous ones....[horse][puke]

Yeah I think we're done.

Guns blow up for lots of reasons, some of them are Glocks, some of them aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom