Job opportunity

M

MACGYVR

Saw this on Monster and know that some of you are outlooking.

At Lockheed Martin in Portsmouth, NH

Weapons Handler

Description:
This is a Blue Sky requisition in anticipation of contract award for the CNIC Non Guard Services IS3 program.

The Weapons Handler is responsible for the accountability, issue, receipt,
cleanliness, maintenance and serviceability of all weapons and ammunition as well as
any non-lethal weapons, and personal protective equipment for which assigned
custody. The Weapons Handler performs frequent inventories of all weapon,
ammunition, and other items in their custody, alerting security and law enforcement
personnel of any discrepancies. The Weapons Handler is responsible for non
depot-level maintenance of weapons. The Weapons Handler may be required to support training
security and law enforcement personnel on the use and care of weapons to include
qualification and re-qualification training. The Weapons Handler maintains
inventory levels, reordering when necessary. The Weapons Handler issues and
receives weapons, ammunition, non-lethal weapons, and personal protective equipment
to security and law enforcement personnel from armories and ready-for-issue
facilities. The Weapons Handler may be required to be armed in performance of their
duties.

Job incumbents must comply with customer required grooming and uniform standards.

Qualifications:
Must have minimum of 2 years of experience with first tier small arms and weapons maintenance and inventory control. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Possess the knowledge and ability to perform all required duties. Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently. Must possess a valid automobile drivers license. Must be 21 years of age or older, or be an honorably discharged veteran. Must be a citizen of the United States. Must have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual's reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenberg Act.

http://jobview.monster.com/getjob.a...9-06-05+13:26:00&seq=74&fseo=1&isjs=1&re=1000

Yep, sorry to get hopes up, never clicked apply so did not realize it had been filled when I posted it.

this was the armorer position at my base. the gov thinks its cheaper to hire a bunch of contractors to be the armorers rather than have military take care of it

this was the armorer position at my base. the gov thinks its cheaper to hire a bunch of contractors to be the armorers rather than have military take care of it

A bit on the incorrect side. It's usually double the price to hire contractors to do any sort of work for the military, regardless of what it is.

From what I've seen, what usually happens is the .gov only allows for X number of .gov people to maintain/work at a facility, and they receive a budget to fulfill the rest of the duties. Hence the contractors.

Atleast in this case it's from a reputable place. Lockheed Martin knows a little something about weapons.[rolleyes]

A bit on the incorrect side. It's usually double the price to hire contractors to do any sort of work for the military, regardless of what it is.

From what I've seen, what usually happens is the .gov only allows for X number of .gov people to maintain/work at a facility, and they receive a budget to fulfill the rest of the duties. Hence the contractors.

Atleast in this case it's from a reputable place. Lockheed Martin knows a little something about weapons.[rolleyes]

Sorry, I was being sarcastic, I totally agree its not cheaper. These guys are paid anywhere from 18-22$/hr I am in the single digits for pay per hour. Everything from gate guards to training instructors to armorers is being farmed out to contractors. It's a joke.

Last edited:
Marketing/web/communications not necessarily in that order. If I could get paid for working as an armorer that would work as well...

Do you know anyone that is hiring? I've been laid off since early June, sucks.

Back
Top Bottom