• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's Christmas - Girlfriend/Wife gives you $800 towards a gun: What do you buy?

As long as she stays your "fiance" good things like that will happen. After marriage, not so much!

Hopefully when this thread starts out next year I can prove you wrong! I'd hate it if all the old timers that tell me not to do it turn out to be right...

Happy Birthday!!!

What I would buy all depends on you have already. This is my lists of guns you MUST have, in no particular order. If you have one already use the money to round out the list....

1. Nice Revolver - S&W 686, Ruger GP 100 or equivilent

2. Nice lever action rifle - Marlin, Winchester, Henry. Pick your favorite

3. 1911 - .45 ACP. You won't be able to stop at one so proceed with caution

4. Good shotgun - At least a Remmington 870, Benelli if you have the money.

5. Battle rifle of your choice. AR or AK

6. Good long range bolt action rifle with a decent scope, Rem 700, Winchester model 70 or equivelant.

7. Full size Duty Pistol - Sig 226, M&P, H&K

All of the above can be purchased for around $800. When the list is complete, repeat. If you marry her and she hooks you up every year, you will have a sweet collection in 20 years

If it was "You should use this to buy a gun" I'd be getting a Ruger SR1911 and use the extra cash to get a trigger job for it.

-Mike

Happy Birthday!!!

What I would buy all depends on you have already. This is my lists of guns you MUST have, in no particular order. If you have one already use the money to round out the list....

1. Nice Revolver - S&W 686, Ruger GP 100 or equivilent

2. Nice lever action rifle - Marlin, Winchester, Henry. Pick your favorite

3. 1911 - .45 ACP. You won't be able to stop at one so proceed with caution

4. Good shotgun - At least a Remmington 870, Benelli if you have the money.

5. Battle rifle of your choice. AR or AK

6. Good long range bolt action rifle with a decent scope, Rem 700, Winchester model 70 or equivelant.

7. Full size Duty Pistol - Sig 226, M&P, H&K

All of the above can be purchased for around $800. When the list is complete, repeat. If you marry her and she hooks you up every year, you will have a sweet collection in 20 years

Already have the fullsize duty weapon (Glock 21) and a hand-me-down 12 gauge. I'm dying for the AR and the something small to conceal carry. I'm thinking about throwing in an extra $200 of my own to do both!

Sounds like you have found yourself a good lady.

On my wedding day my brother said " Marriage is not so much of finding the right person as it is of being the right person". He was my best man and that was part of his toast.

You know what she likes - try to do that more.
You know what she doesn't like - try to do that less.

She has already shown that she is supportive of things that you care about. That counts for alot.

You have recieved some great suggestions. Let us know what you pick up. Dr. Grant's Ruger 1911 suggestion is a good one and you would have some money left over for ammo or a holster.

Already have the fullsize duty weapon (Glock 21) and a hand-me-down 12 gauge. I'm dying for the AR and the something small to conceal carry. I'm thinking about throwing in an extra $200 of my own to do both!

Ah... Wisdom this one shows.

yoda.jpg

Save $21 bucks and go GREEN! It's worth it

If my girlfriend gave me $800 towards a gun, I've be really happy. I'd be able to buy a new gun, and I'd have a girlfriend!

Save $21 bucks and go GREEN! It's worth it

bazinga.jpg

It seems a 1911 is popular here. I heard S&W, and Ruger. What about Remington?

I have one. I bought it a month ago on Black Friday at Acme Armament.

IMG-20111126-00056.jpg

It is the TALO and I have been very happy with it. Fit and finish are great and it is far more accurate than I expected and probably alot more accurate than I am.

Remington had not made a 1911 for years and the design is true to the original with the exception being the upgraded sights.

The Rosewood grips can be a little tough on the hands after about 250 rounds but I doubt I will change them. Great shooter and have not had a single FTF yet.

It is a no frills, no nonsense 1911 that shoots tight groups consistantly

Back
Top Bottom