It's Christmas - Girlfriend/Wife gives you $800 towards a gun: What do you buy?

Happy Birthday!!!

What I would buy all depends on you have already. This is my lists of guns you MUST have, in no particular order. If you have one already use the money to round out the list....

1. Nice Revolver - S&W 686, Ruger GP 100 or equivilent

2. Nice lever action rifle - Marlin, Winchester, Henry. Pick your favorite

3. 1911 - .45 ACP. You won't be able to stop at one so proceed with caution

4. Good shotgun - At least a Remmington 870, Benelli if you have the money.

5. Battle rifle of your choice. AR or AK

6. Good long range bolt action rifle with a decent scope, Rem 700, Winchester model 70 or equivelant.

7. Full size Duty Pistol - Sig 226, M&P, H&K

All of the above can be purchased for around $800. When the list is complete, repeat. If you marry her and she hooks you up every year, you will have a sweet collection in 20 years

I'd also add a full size mil-surp battle rifle to the list. There's nothing like shooting a piece of history

$800 will buy you field grade Garand from the CMP along with about 400-600 of Greek HXP .30-06.

Or you can always wait a few months for Orest to finally release some SG's and get a nice HRA, but that will likely end up sucking up the entire $800 with the expected price jump.
But seriously, congrats, and good luck. My wife isn't too supportive on the gun issue.

I know how that one feels.

Wha....wha....what? I'm only 37!

But seriously, congrats, and good luck. My wife isn't too supportive on the gun issue.

Thanks, and yeah your not an old timer.......yet!

Already have the fullsize duty weapon (Glock 21) and a hand-me-down 12 gauge. I'm dying for the AR and the something small to conceal carry. I'm thinking about throwing in an extra $200 of my own to do both!

You should get one of these!
k300043_k230027_pistol holster AR.jpg

ETA: Just get a long t-shirt to cover that up!

IBM M1 Carbine.

Why IBM? Because I'm a geek and it would be totally awesome to have a rifle made by IBM.

I Have a Singer Sewing machine Company Carbine manufactured under contract from Underwood Typewriter Company. (The receiver is Singer and the rest is Underwood as is proper)

A S&W .500 Magnum.

+1000
I did just that except I bought it first and told her to wrap the box since I was headed for the range with it.

2 old guys were talking one day and the first says to the other My wife is an angel. Second old guy says your lucky, Mine is still alive!
Dave

Merry Christmas to everybody

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom