it never ends...3 dead...less than a mile from my house

Police investigate double murder-suicide
By Mike Gaffney/[email protected]
GateHouse News Service
New! Mon May 21, 2007, 08:06 PM EDT
Story Tools: Email This Email This | Print This Print This
Saugus -

Police are investigating an apparent double murder/suicide that took place at Avalon Bay at Stevens Pond on Monday.

Police Chief James MacKay said officers arrived at the sprawling development off Main Street Monday afternoon to discover three family members dead of gunshot wounds.

MacKay said the victims include a husband, wife and their 24-year-old son. He declined to offer any more specifics, noting the case is still under investigation.

"At this point those are the only details I can give you," MacKay said.

Continue to visit www.saugusadvertiser.com for more details.

more from the Globe...

Monday, May 21, 2007
Three people found dead in Saugus

By David Abel, Globe Staff, and Michael Naughton, Globe Correspondent

SAUGUS -- Three family members were found dead in an apartment Monday in what authorities say was a double murder and a suicide.

Peter A. Allouise Jr., 60, allegedly fatally shot his wife, Ann Marie, 55, and their mentally disabled son, Peter M. 26, in their apartment on Founders Way in the Avalon at Stevens Pond development, prosecutors said.

The deaths shattered the calm of what is typically a quiet neighborhood.

"It makes me very concerned," said Doreen Parola, who lives in a nearby building. "It shows it can happen anywhere."

Police received a 911 call at 2:13 p.m. from the father, who asked police to come to the apartment, said Steve O'Connell, a spokesman for the Essex County district attorney’s office. Then, the caller hung up, O'Connell said.

When police arrived, they found all three dead. O'Connell said Allouise's wife was found on a bathroom floor and his son in a bedroom. Police found Allouise on the living room floor.

He said the man's wife and son suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Allouise, who worked the night shift at General Electric in Lynn, died of a single shot to the head. Police said the weapon used was a .45-caliber pistol.

"It did not appear that there was any struggle," O’Connell said.

He said Allouise left a note, but he would not comment on what it said.

The family had lived in the apartment for two years, he said.

O’Connell said Allouise had no history of domestic violence and no criminal record.

Police found about 50 handguns, shotguns, rifles, and several M-16 assault rifles in the apartment, all of which Allouise was licensed to carry, O’Connell said.

He did not know more about the son’s condition, other than that he was mentally disabled and relied on his family for support.

Saugus police declined to comment.

About 6 p.m., neighbors said, officials took the bodies out of the apartment on stretchers and placed them in two pick-up trucks.

"They seemed like a very nice family," said Helen Connors, a neighbor who often chatted with Allouise’s wife. "The mother was very nice, and Peter was a very nice boy. He didn’t deserve that," she said.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Police found about 50 handguns, shotguns, rifles, and several M-16 assault rifles in the apartment, all of which Allouise was licensed to carry, O’Connell said.

very sad story... hard to imagine how much stress would cause someone to take that kind of extreme action. [thinking]

but on a side note, what happens to all the firearms? do the police confiscate all of them as evidence?

very sad story... hard to imagine how much stress would cause someone to take that kind of extreme action. [thinking]

but on a side note, what happens to all the firearms? do the police confiscate all of them as evidence?

Well, they do get confiscated and likely will be destroyed . . . even the full-auto M-16 assault weapons that he was "licensed to carry" (per the article).

Even though it appears that only the .45 was used they will spin it in law enforcement stats and say that 50 guns were seized in the commission of a crime......

So they boast that 50 were seized even though only one may have been used. The libs turn that on its ear to get the most mileage they can out of tragedies like this.

I think these sort of suicide / murders are typically are associated with the use of serotonin reuptake inhibitors. (Antidepressants which are hallucinogens)

Police found about 50 handguns, shotguns, rifles,
So?

and several M-16 assault rifles
Doubt it. Most likely the AR-15's that we all have.

all of which Allouise was licensed to carry,
Just means they will look to screw us more.

His son was autistic and he lost his daugter already... my guess is the guy just lost it totally. Sometimes people get in a situation where all life looks hopeless and see no other solution.

Unfortunately no one will see this as a crime that could have been avoided not by removing guns or tighter controls, but by making sure that those who have lost a child an/or have children with disabilities are going to, at times, need some phycological help to deal with it.

I'm sure that this guy felt like a total failure in life because he lost his daughter and in his mind, some how his son's condition was his fault too.

Very sad though.

Sorry to hear this about Peter, I worked with him at GE years ago before I retired. He was a nice guy,never seemed to have any problems. I knew he was into firearms, but aren't we all.

Bad news all around I guess.[sad]

Back
Top Bottom